People

What are some famous autistic (in Veeky Forums terms people who were losers,virgins,anti-social etc) people? Lovecraft for example

This can delve into an interest thread OP. Henry Cavendish, Chemist and discoverer of hydrogen had a very introvert personality

>Cavendish was a shy man who was uncomfortable in society and avoided it when he could. He conversed little, always dressed in an old-fashioned suit, and developed no known deep personal attachments outside his family. Cavendish was taciturn and solitary and regarded by many as eccentric. He only communicated with his female servants by notes. By one account, Cavendish had a back staircase added to his house in order to avoid encountering his housekeeper because he was especially shy of women. The contemporary accounts of his personality have led some modern commentators, such as Oliver Sacks, to speculate that he had Asperger syndrome,[28] though he may merely have been anthropophobic.

>Lovecraft was a virgin with no friends

Nietzsche to some extent... Unsociable, bipollar tendencies, emotional breakdown at the end, you can choose

He was neither a virgin (idk but he had a wife for a while) and he had some close friends

>pic related, lovecraft

This is more of weird habits more than an asocial personality, still worth reading.

>Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson (January 21, 1824 – May 10, 1863) was a Confederate general during the American Civil War, and the best-known Confederate commander after General Robert E. Lee.[2]

>Jackson held a lifelong belief that one of his arms was longer than the other, and thus usually held the "longer" arm up to equalize his circulation. He was described as a "champion sleeper", and occasionally even fell asleep with food in his mouth. A paper presented to the Society of Clinical Psychologists hypothesized that Jackson had Asperger syndrome,[55] although other possible explanations, such as a herniated diaphragm, exist.

>A recurring story concerns Jackson's love of lemons, which he allegedly gnawed whole to alleviate symptoms of dyspepsia. General Richard Taylor, son of President Zachary Taylor, wrote a passage in his war memoirs about Jackson eating lemons: "Where Jackson got his lemons 'no fellow could find out,' but he was rarely without one."[59] However, recent research by his biographer, James I. Robertson, Jr., has found that none of Jackson's contemporaries, including members of his staff, his friends, or his wife, recorded any unusual obsessions with lemons. Jackson thought of a lemon as a "rare treat ... enjoyed greatly whenever it could be obtained from the enemy's camp". Jackson was fond of all fruits, particularly peaches, "but he enjoyed with relish lemons, oranges, watermelons, apples, grapes, berries, or whatever was available."[60]

Kant - Autistic
Wittgenstein - Autism, bipolar & Homosex
Napoleon - Aspie
Fedorich Neetchee - bipolar autistic
Michaelangelo - Autism, histrionic
Newton - Aspergers & Homosexual
Lewis Carroll - Autism and pedophilia
Jefferson - Aspergers
Plato - Gay-pedophile aspie
Hitler - drug user, aspergers, schizoid

the list goes on... It's a superpower you know.

Was Newton really gay? I've read a short biography and it seems he was uncomfortable around people in general. Also, you're forgetting Schopenhauer.

Tesla is an obvious one

Fuck if I know, Darwin was pretty antisocial and shit. So was the guy who helped kickstart computing, whatever his name was. Second one was also a literal autist and homosex

The Veeky Forums definition of autism is so loose it would be more interesting to name the least autistic people of history.

>Napoleon
He was one of the most charismatic people in history, it's very unlikely that he had aspergers.

>Hitler
Also very charismatic, could manipulate people pretty well but never bonded with anyone - sounds more like a sociopath, not an aspie.

>Nietzsche
He had neurosis that later developed into psychosis, very typical pathology. His writings are the opposite of autism though, he used metaphor, symbolism and vague language all the time. Autistic people tend to dislike this and prefer concrete thing.

Really, it's safe to say that anyone who became a philosopher was probably not autistic. Philosophy is a very murky and vague discipline and you need a good grasp of language. Autistic people wouldn't be really drawn into it in the first place and even if they were they probably wouldn't be very good at it. You will find more autistic people in the natural sciences and economics.

bump

>good grasp of language.
But I've got a really good grasp of language, and I'm an 'sperg. I've literally aced every single English test I've had since I was 15. I've not gotten one question wrong.

>an
Oh, and now I've messed up. This is embarrassing, isn't it? I was about to put aspie, but decided to put 'sperg, instead, and left that N.

Kant, Nietzshe, every philosopher actually.

>What are some famous autistic (in Veeky Forums terms people who were losers,virgins,anti-social etc) people? Lovecraft for example

No Veeky Forums user who was here before 2012 says autistic. They don't say cringe either but if they did that reflects our feelings about "autistic".

Modern definition of autistic spectrum is loose as well, containing everything from slight aspie features to total non-communicating veggies.

george III.

completely autistic,

went wandering around the area surrounding his palace and basically pestered farmers with questions both banal and specific to agriculture.

also micromanaged the British-side of the American Revolution

Probably the result of syphilis contracted from, well, not being a virgin.

...Though his sister may have been involved, so...

Julius Evola, T E Lawrence

>Philosophy is a very murky and vague discipline
You should really look into the details of how dialectic analysis work, then revisit this assumption.

(It's autistic as fuck.)

Or, really, read just about any modern philosopher. Most of them are utterly obsessed with squeezing every bit of life out of their work and building an impenetrable wall of logic with no doubts. Nietzsche was much more poet than philosopher - you don't see that these days - especially not with bastards like Sartre.

Contrary to what Veeky Forums would have you believe, kids debating the meaning of meaning is, almost sadly, not what modern philosophy is about.

/ourguy/