Is it true that retail in the US is fucked?

Is it true that retail in the US is fucked?

Theres still people that likes going around to check things out, once they find something they like they will check the price on their phones and see how is 50% cheaper to buy it from amazon and ebay , if retail becomes a luxury it will survive otherwise unless they sell cheaper than ebay-amazon is doomed

When the economic downturn begins, yes. Only 32 more days now, then a small increase in spending during Christmas.

>Only 32 more days now

what happens then?

I am listening, tell us more about these 32 days good sir.

>white people dont have jobs
>mexicans only buy tortillas and stolen car stereos
>blacks only have enough gibs for liquor
>jews save instead of spend
naw man, retail is fine

I don't know about 50% cheaper, and a lot of shops have smartened up and do daily/weekly price checks to match with online stores.

Nobody wants to hire white people, they ask for pesky things like a minimum wage.

Costco better hang on for awile. Their stock still hasn't recovered though

They have that white privilege though.

This is basically right, I go to the shopping centre and its full to the brim with non-whites but none of them ever seem to be carrying shopping bags

Yes. Living in america is like living in a post apocalyptic wasteland. Stay away.

Is someone pulling my leg?

>not immigrants with no skills taking all the jobs and creating monopolies like google and AA to exclude skilled white people from being hired
start embracing your inner redneck because at this point you should've realized they were right all along

Not true. 4/10 of America's top retailers are seeing same store growth and nearly all of them are making up for any store revenue loss with internet retail gains.

Oy vey, the shareholders know!

Not just the US.
I've noticed that my local stores aren't getting too many customers lately.. Amazon hasn't even come out here though... could be the new Aldi stores here. And the fact that Coles is (was) a piece of shit near monopoly with stupid amounts of anti-competitiveness.

I don't think it will disappear, but it certainly will decrease in size as people move more to online shopping.
If computers and parts become easier to browse for and more secure to buy online, it will definately replace many retail stores here (though most do sell items online on ebay for example).
Things like high tier clothes shopping retail stores won't disappear. Things that require a try before you buy. Food and household goods are a different story. Only Resturaunts will need to observe their food before buying for quality reasons. Normalfags will not give a shit if they buy this online. Plus it can save them up to a few hours a week by buying online. Plus they can buy cheaper in bulk.

Free market.

if is correct, that may change.
>need cheaper groceries
>move to online groceries to save money

Meme pushing.

No.
There is just an oversaturtation of stores from prior to the recent recession. There are also some structural problems that they need to address to remain competitive.
Also, people like to touch things before buying. I really don't buy clothing online, but I do buy dry goods online.