WHAT A MOMMENT TO LIVE

1876: "This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication." — William Orton, President of Western Union.

1932: "There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will." — Albert Einstein

1946: "Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night." — Darryl Zanuck, 20th Century Fox.

1962: "We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out." — Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles.

1966: "Remote shopping, while entirely feasible, will flop.” — Time Magazine.

1968: "But what...is it good for?" — Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, commenting on the microchip.

1968: "With over 50 foreign cars already on sale here, the Japanese auto industry isn't likely to carve out a big slice of the U.S. market." — Business Week, August 2, 1968.

1977: "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." — Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp.

2007: “There’s no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share.” — Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO.

2017: "Bitcoin is a fraud and will blow up. The currency isn’t going to work. You can’t have a business where people can invent a currency out of thin air and think that people who are buying it are really smart". — Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase & Co

EMBRACE THIS MOMMENT!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ak1iojpiHpM
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6zshlu/time_to_buy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like this thread user. Thanks. Here's a pupperino for ya.

>EMBRACE THIS MOMMENT!!!!

I'll also add to this, when the laser was first discovered the inventor said it was useless but interesting.

People seem to forget when a revolutionary product or service comes to power.
The first group through the wall. It always gets bloody, always. It's the threat of not just the way of doing business, but in their minds it's threatening the game. But really what it's threatening is their livelihoods, it's threatening their jobs, it's threatening the way that they do things. And every time that happens, whether it's the government or a way of doing business or whatever it is, the people are holding the reins, have their hands on the switch. They go bat shit crazy. I mean, anybody who's not on board right now and missing out, they're dinosaurs.

we're in a generational shift that hasnt been seen in since the bronze age.
everyone over the age of 40 is as you say a dinosaur. and anyone alive today to participate, and for a few generations to come are like sharks or crocodiles.. we survive and adapt. its not even the beginning yet and it wont be for a while to come. immeasurable wealth will be created, and we get to take a slice of it.

just natural progression and shit

I'm glad bitcoin finally caught their attention. It shows how much of a monster BTC is. Threatening the industry and the very foundation the bankers have been abusing to get away with.

All the tech you mentioned was constantly improved along with infrastructure, which eventually made the quotes look stupid. Bitcoin tech has been essentially the same for 10 years and it's actually become worse with slow speed and high fees. It's not much more than a mathematical experiment that has gained a lot of believers and trust due to how well it has held.

>>>
youtube.com/watch?v=ak1iojpiHpM
===
banks

THAT'S IT! THAT'S HOW WE MARKET IT TO THE "LIBERAL YOUTH"!

Here's a better one
1929:A stock market crash?How ridiculous
2001:A dotcom crash?How ridiculous
2008:A housing crash?How ridiculous
2017:A bitcoin crash?How ridiculous

dude bitcoin is tiny, wtf are you talking about. How is bitcoin comparable to any of those?

And you don't see what bitcoin has been doing?
The invention of ethereum, litecoin, etc.
That's the reason people threatened are attacking the very core. To stop and destroy the confidence behind it. What they don't understand is the principal behind why it was invented in the first place was to change and improve a new area.

You forgot the tulips this time, nocoiner.

Eth is going to take over, lads. While btc stuck with 1mb blocksize, slow transfer and a whole bunch of kikes already subverting the whole operation, turning it into another fiat, Ethereum will go through Metropolis and become crypto king

The 2016-2017 bitcoin pumps are so ridiculous in percentage none of the above three bubbles combined can hope to have as ridiculous a bubble as btc is.

You think the great depression was bad?Wait for the crypto crash.It will be in textbooks forever as the crash that ended a market

All of the things you listed except for bitcoin have a little something called intrinsic value.

>1929 we still have JP Morgan types who are insanely rich
>2001 Amazon, MS, Apple, Google ...
>2008 If you own/paying off a house now you're doing better than most
>2017 who knows but I am positive and I will hold coins I really think the tech is incredible

Bitcoin was invented by the CIA you dumbass. Satoshi Nakamoto is just a meme name made up of Jap companies.

Except Bitcoin fucking sucks.

Tulips are like bitcoin,but physical
I'm comparing you guys to markets that trade things with physical value as a best case scenario

Whoever takes over, Bitcoin is always there to stay and become more rare during it's time. One of those inventions remembered and how much resistance it holds against whatever storm to protect the others like Eth etc. We can embrace the new kids on the block but don't forget where the idea all started from.

>le end of the market meme xDDDDDDD
2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.. Still waiting for the end.

Have you look at the BTC chart from 2016 to 2017?It is so ridiculous

bitcoin is guaranteed to get bigger than gold

right now the gold market is ~100x bigger

we're going another 200x-300x in the next 5 years

I can farm billions of tulips if desirable. Bitcoin has 21 million solid limit cap. Cannot even remotely compare.

What are you even talking about? Litecoin and Ethereum have merely tweaked the underlying algorithm of Bitcoin, which Satoshi invented and every shitcoin copied. Litecoin is essentially the same thing and Ethereum just chucks more shit on the blockchain. Actually Ethereum might be even worse than Bitcoin, because the blockchain size is already huge and the fees are also disproportionately high.

The Bitcoin algorithm degrades over time, leading to higher fees and slower transaction speeds. How high will the fees get or how slow will the network become I don't know, but I hope someone does and tells me.

The rarest tulips were one of a coin that were unfarmable.They happened because of genetic defects,good luck making every btc unique

Yes this worries me too. I'm not an economist but it seems that a lot fluctuations in the crypto market are entirely based on fake/misinterpreted news (see OmiseGO and Apple or Neo and China ban). Secondly, it seems that all positive talk on crypto is simply PR by people who are personally invested in the crypto bussiness. This board is a perfect example of that. And those who are against crypto tend to be bankers/investors of the 'old economy' who feel threatened by this new technology. So who is able to judge blockchain technology in a more rational/objective manner? The academic economists? History has showed economists are shit at predicting what will happen in the near future (see Krugman and the internet).

It's simply impossible to know crypto is a bubble, but the foundations are shaky especially in this age of disinformation. The only way crypto will catch on is when people have a need to overcome this bank-centered economy. But this will be hard considering most coiners are right wingers who tend to refrain from criticism on bankers. Even the 2008 housing crash did not make any significant changes on Wall Street, which shows their immense power.

Only the future will tell. Until that I will learn to ride the waves of crypto and make mad dosh

"goodluck making every btc unique"?

It's a building block like the dotcom frenzy. You have to give it time to build through but you cannot argue that blockchain invention is not making an impact.

2018: “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH” — Veeky Forums.

Like before or after the dotcom bubble, the invention itself will simply thrive because it simply works. The housing bubble was just kicking the can down the road and was never fixed.

2019: "WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO"

2020:

cant believe i can get a mansion for only 1 btc .... what do i do with all these houses and lambos?

2021:
FUCK SHOULD HAVE SOLD WHY IS BTC WORTH ONLY 1 DOLLAR

Yeah, but all I see is schemers presenting Satoshi's idea with different spins and graphics, without ever improving the underlying logic of the blockchain and the critical problems it could face in the future. The one's that promise to are almost smoke and mirrors. I believe this is the case because Satoshi's idea was superior and now all we have is pretentious brainlets circlejerking around his idea, reiterating the same idea on a smaller scale. Right now only Bitcoin is showing us the way and it's not looking that good. If you think I'm fuding or not believing in the future of everything, why is Bitcoin worse for its purpose than it was in 2009?

>every single one was an artificial (((bubble)))

2022:

lmao at the faggots that got stopped out in last year's 3 second flash crash, this year you can't even make the forbes 100 without being in the 21BTC club

>theres no way to tell if crypto is a bubble
follow the (((credit))). every single bubble was created from easy credit availability and burst when that (((credit))) was suddenly recalled.

2023:N-no buy o-orders???
Wake me up...WAKE ME UP INSIDE

I can understand that but new regulations are leading the way and soon new companies that actually produce results will be on the spotlight like google in the dotcom buildup. For something to build it's current value at this rate and still remain signifcant tells you something. Maybe what KMD inventing like DiCO will be the answer or maybe something else. Maybe more will move to the darkweb exchanges and become the new path to change. The future holds alot for this special one.

There is no need to be overly bullish right now, OP. The fundamentals speak for themselves. People don't understand ether, they don't understand bitcoin. They will be illuminated in due time. Sell your holdings if you have the time to wait for the bottom. Otherwise, just hold. You'll be fine. People will learn very soon.

That's great, see you on the way down

what kind of fucking repercussions is the crypto market dying going to have outside of the crypto sphere? the fuck dude, do you even understand the words you are producing?

It still doesn't change my original point that Satoshi's vision has barely been improved and Bitcoin itself as a protocol is becoming old and tired. I really don't think there is anything substantially better and I'm starting to see the cracks in the architecture. I don't think "migrate to another coin" will be a sufficient explanation for the holders when the algorithm keels over. All altcoins right now are headed down the path of Bitcoin and are trying to reach the same conclusions on cryptocurrency as Bitcoin. Especially curious is the case of "use case" coins, like a special coin for pot and a special coin for buying sausages. Why the fuck?

But anyway having this sort of Reddit-esque convo doesn't matter in the long run anyway. All I can say is, it's a big game of trust and right now we're seeing that Bitcoin can at least hold for almost a decade and let's see where we'll go from here.

Are you suggesting the jews creates bubbles at will to siphon gorillions of speculators? That's preposterous

It'll be very interesting to where it goes from here.

You da man OP

Currently the market is in for a major correction ..... It is time to buy ...... This currency will not disappear ..... even if it crashes it will rise back just as the housing bubble and stock market recovered ..... an economic cycle....
I saw this in another post this morning

Read the 56 page research paper published by the Bank of Finland.

Last paragraph:

Bitcoin’s design as an economic system is revolutionary and therefore would merit
an economist’s attention and scrutiny even if it had not been functional. Its apparent
functionality and usefulness should further encourage economists to study this marvelous
structure.

It is now time to buy as the market is dipping!!!! panic sell off will ensue panic buy out/off!!!

You're starting to sound like a reddit hugbox Veeky Forums.

>reddit spacing
kys retard

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6zshlu/time_to_buy/

>kys redittor

you are absolutely right. Heres one thing both of us know.

The current system is a joke. Cryptos have an intrinsic value and that is investors hate for the current system.
The crypto market is like any speculative market. There will be lots of frauds and scams involved.
but nevertheless it could very easily be the future. I dont know why but i do sense a great oppurtunity here

Email me a tulip and I'll ship you a GPU. Oh you can't do that?

Not so, the calendar says I'm 63 but my power and creativity are young. Also, experience enhances IQ.

1994: "OP is not a faggot" - Future Disappointed Parents

>good luck making every btc unique
They literally are, dumbass.

>right wingers who tend to refrain from criticism on bankers.
Fuck you nigger and fuck the banks. Heil Hitler

So either BTC will be worth nothing or it will be a new world paradigm.

I'll take my chances. The downside is to big NOT to try.

Its qualities as a currency are imperfect, but much better than fiat.

Well managed fiat currency is actually excellent, until you hit the weimar stage and they just start printing more money to cover dem programs.

I don't believe it will create wealth, but it may store it through bad times. Goods and services are still the whole point.

>1946
"FUD For Luck Darryl Zanuck"

>2017
"Lie About Her Hymen Jamie Dimon"

You know that fucker probably bought 100k this morning, right?

Screencapped, because I love (You)

>cherrypick examples of experts being wrong
>therefore experts are wrong about bitcoin

Solid logic. Time to sell.my bag.

Ballmer was right though and still is.

kek

Indeed. Revolutions are resisted. They go against preconceived notions of society but are embraced by their small communities until they break into mainstream when resistance by large bodies becomes futile.

Einstein's theory of relativity was resisted by many prominent figures at the time. But eventually the overwhelming evidence made it inevitable to oppose.

The same thing will happen with crypto. Governments and regulatory bodies will do all they can to oppose it. This mean shutting down exchanges, making it illiegal in certain countries, etc.. but there is too much utility and enthusiasm behind a decentralized currency that can cross red tape since it can be freely sent across borders and stored in a number of ways that the government cannot track.

The government will eventually bend the knee and create an arm of the SEC to regulate crypto to the best of their ability. They will support it just like how gold, oil, and fiat is supported.

The lambo by 2030 meme might be overdone but regardless of numbers the truth in merit is that it will become a reality. Apple is pushing Applepay into the mainstream. Eventually, you will be able to open your BTC wallet on your phone, scan your face with your front facing camera, and make a purchase. Crypto will give credit card companies a run for their money.

Heil Hitler

Heil Hitler

Heil Hitler

Heil Hitler

Heil Hitler

this is a good time to buy

>the intellectual capabilities of NatSocs in six posts

keep moving, nocoiner.

seriously leave this board and never come back.

the volume in crypto is so low compared to any of those it'll be nonexistant

Hitler in Hell, you join him too faggot.

Heil Hitler

Ideas are the currency of the new economy.
Bitcoin is more than that, it's establishing a new market threatening the old economy and worse of all... taxes!

Not only taxes.
It allows you to have modern digital money that nobody can take away from you (unless they get your keys of course). Right now everybody with a bank account is at the mercy of the government.

hello yes penis swell

>Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase & Co

must be nice when you can create a dip just by flapping your gums

>The only way crypto will catch on is when people have a need to overcome this bank-centered economy.

'They' will never let this happen

quote on those >how ridiculous?

can't imagine lots of people were calling out the dotcom bubble, especially since many must have underestimated the technology

Funny thing is you stupid alt right wingers fail to see that the underlying problem is capitalism, not a Jewish conspiracy. But you will keep sucking capitalism dick because it would surely work if not for muh jews.

Heil Hitler

>this thread
I want to believe

And where would you be if you bought stocks after the stock market crash, genius?

>I'm 63
requesting pic with timestamp

Thanks OP, we need this kinda of thread despite what the FUDDERS says

It was a virus that effected the Tulip bulbs senpai.
Little known fact on this board apparently is that after the original "Tulip Bubble Crash" took place, the market soon bounced back(never made it back to 1 Tulip bulb being able to buy a house though)and has been making money for the Tulip farmers consistently since then.

>Heil Hitler
Heil Hitler

>t. CIA

Obvious baito.

They will once lightning network is implemented
Literally a central bank credit card for btc

There's no way you have more than a double digit IQ. A dumb, delusional supporter of a dying shitcoin. You're like a rat in the floorboard of Veeky Forums. Dirty and smelly. Not even human. Shoo. Away with you. Go shit in the street with Pajeet. You clueless buttcoiners are a joke and will be joining the holders of tulips soon in a mass grave.

If I had a Satoshi for every time I've heard this since 2012...