Foreign Dynasties

ITT, we talk about dynasties founded by foreigners from another region

Ex. The Yuan dynasty was a Chinese dynasty founded by a Mongol.

Literally every single dynasty to have ever ruled England (and its succesor state, the UK).
Alfred the Great's ancestors originally came from Saxony (in modern-day Germany and the Netherlands).
The Dukes of Normandy were originally from Norway or Denmark.
The Plantagents were French.
The Stuarts were Scottish.
The Hannovers were German.
The Sachsen-Coburg und Gothas were German, as well.
The Glücksburgs are German.

I forgot to mention the Tudors, who were from Wales.
Other people, like Cnut the Great and William, Prince of Orange, ruled England for several years, but never actually established dynasties.
Oliver Cromwell, although of pure English blood, was the Lord Proctector, not king of England.

>The Stuarts were Scottish.
I believe they were Bretons who came with the Norman conquest, so foreign even to Scotland

Soviet Union was founded by a Georgian
Nazi Germany was founded by an Austrian

Spain after unification too
Austrian Hasburgs and French Bourbons

Sweden's House of Bernadotte is French

does anyone know much about the Yuan dynasty, I know its basically looked at as a dark age by the Chinese (atleast after Kublai Khan died) but I don't know why it was so bad

if you argue the anglo-saxons weren't native you should probably consider the welsh native and thus the tudors would be the only native dynasty to rule England

Not native to England though, native to Wales
amd with some Plantagenet blood in them, enough to legitimize Henry's claim

2-3 centuries earlier any respectable Welshman would have had Plantagenet blood on him not in him. Jesus the English had it tough pacifying the island.

Kievan Rus
Ottoman Empire
Mughal Empire
Safavid Empire
Ghaznavid dynasty
Etc etc

Besides the wars and devastation I don't think there was anything particularly terrible about it. Yeah, some of the Khanz were shitty and unfit to rule but that's not exactly a paradigm shift in Chinese history, others were decent.

Literally any monarch in ireland post annexation.

>Germans and Germans aren't the same
wew

Wales was just where all the brythonic peoples fled when anglo-saxon man sat down on Britain's western shore. Unless you're arguing for a historically unattested complete genocide of all the people who lived before the medieval boundary line that separated England from Wales, you can't call the Anglo-saxons non native and claim the welsh aren't. Wales was only an invention of the anglo-saxon invasion.

Everyone whoever lived came from somewhere else

Europe is just a clusterfuck of dynasties

And Cornwall and Bretagne. A lot of the natives mixed with the Anglo Saxons, especially because of their superior agricultural tech. This happened a lot, see the colonization of Mexico

>Alfred the Great's ancestors originally came from Saxony
so did his subjects, the anglo-saxons, you dolt

>Soviet Union was founded by a Georgian
it was founded by Lenin, not Stalin

>Nazi Germany was founded by an Austrian
Austrians are German

Bretons came from Britain originally, hence the name. If living in Scotland for a few centuries doesn't make them Scottish, then the same could be said for them not being French.

Was for

>>Germans and Germans aren't the same
wew
Yeah, the bavarians are loving it ain't they.

The Qing were Manchu but they ended up Sinicizing themselves. Lmao how does that even happen?

Greek and Bulgarian royalties after independance were German

Romanovs were German since Peter III

house of anjou, brought by croatian nobles, were french family that ruled over hungary