>a high level of discourse is expected

>wars arent fought for anything but money

it was, along with some other things

Nah it was about states' rights to own slaves
Different things

>blood for oil
>fuck the UN
USA USA USA

Someone post the picture where all the states except NC declared it to be about slavery

actually it wasn't, the CSA constitution barred states from legislating on slavery

The same picture that shows every state declared it to be about states rights except for Arkansas?
Yes, someone, please post it.

Cornerstone Address

states right to what

Well dun get da crackaz and dem saving us from da massa. Y dat whitey has da massa we save ya. Y dun de whitey jus go back and we dun go to Africa and play with da monkies in da trees.

John green pls go

let women fuck 40 guys ceral bowls

we've been through this
we're not going away

>im a stain that wont be cleaned!

>grrr why won't everyone on the history board just follow /pol/ doctrine
better sling more redpills

>the official story is pol doctrine
you are an apologist. Now tell me why they were second class citizens and an exemption to slavery was made in the form of prisoners if it was to end 'slavery'.

yeah, i suppose the more accurate statement would be that the civil war was fought from protecting slavery

>from protecting slavery
I dont follow, both sides support the slavery of criminals.

>I felt like anything rather than rejoicing at the downfall of a foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse.

>The cause of the great War of the Rebellion against the United States will have to be attributed to slavery. For some years before the war began it was a trite saying among some politicians that 'A state half slave and half free cannot exist.' All must become slave or all free, or the state will go down. I took no part myself in any such view of the case at the time, but since the war is over, reviewing the whole question, I have come to the conclusion that the saying is quite true.

>The South claimed the sovereignty of States, but claimed the right to coerce into their confederation such States as they wanted, that is, all the States where slavery existed. They did not seem to think this course inconsistent. The fact is, the Southern slave-owners believed that, in some way, the ownership of slaves conferred a sort of patent of nobility—a right to govern independent of the interest or wishes of those who did not hold such property. They convinced themselves, first, of the divine origin of the institution and, next, that that particular institution was not safe in the hands of any body of legislators but themselves.

That proves nothing, the question is what was the civil war fought over. It decided the rights of states to seceed, which is supported by the supreme court and by the history of this country's enforcement of the state constitution and allowing occupied and colonial territories to seceed from the USA.

>The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact.

>Texas [...] was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy. Those ties have been strengthened by association. But what has been the course of the government of the United States, and of the people and authorities of the non-slave-holding States, since our connection with them?
>The States of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa, by solemn legislative enactments, have deliberately, directly or indirectly violated the 3rd clause of the 2nd section of the 4th article [the fugitive slave clause] of the federal constitution, and laws passed in pursuance thereof; thereby annulling a material provision of the compact, designed by its framers to perpetuate the amity between the members of the confederacy and to secure the rights of the slave-holding States in their domestic institutions-- a provision founded in justice and wisdom, and without the enforcement of which the compact fails to accomplish the object of its creation