twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

all of eastern europe should be red, even hungary and russia
sweden should be blue
turkey should be red
armenia should be red

okay, Hans

Thoughts?

Give me one reason why Finland should be anything but red

By making Russia blue you mean that it basically survived longer than some of its neighbors? Because the influence that Soviet Union had shouldn't count as USSR was no Russia.

Why is South Cyprus less influential than North Cyprus.

>norway
>yellow

aggh yeah, the famous inventors of the cheese slicer, trully, a gift to humanity...

>switzerland, czech not yellow
>belgium, ukraine not orange at the least
>portugal blue but netherlands green
>iran not blue
>poland not green

And why are Crete and the Balearics coloured differently than Greece and Spain?

>spain
>more influencial then portugal
ewww

So basically colonial powers/empires = high/max historical impact. Gee I never knew OP.
Greek being the exception for obvious reasons but they contributed fuck all after ancient times.

new version
I can't tbqh
>as USSR was no Russia.
hurr durr
true
It is, though. Portugal had maybe comparable influence on the world, but not nearly the influence on Europe.

>Bulgaria
Explain

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrace#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_Empire

What did Russia do between 18th century and 1917 to deserve blue?

Maybe because they produced hundreds of writers, composers, conquered half of Europe and constantly fought with someone in Europe, Central Asia and in the Far East? Are you some butthurted Pole?

doesnt matter, they dominated 20th and 21st century

the only relevant empire on the balkans, made cyrillic, spread the third rome meme, spread christianity among other slavs, defended europe from arabs several times

portugal should be blue

>poland
>green
delusional
and portugal is way more historically relevant than netherlands, are you high

Destroyed the PLC, contained Prussia's expansion eastwards, defeated Sweden and ended their time as a great power, defeated Napoleon, conquered and colonized large parts of central and east Asia, also this

dostoyevsky, tchaikovsky, mendeleev, lomonosov, pushkin, tolstoy, suvorov, kutuzov, second largest empire in the world, victory in the napoleonic wars, victory over sweden, over turkey, conquest of poland, finland, central asia, caucasus, manchuria, etc.

>portugal should be blue
no, to little influence on Europe, their achievements are mostly colonialism and trade overseas

>on Europe
>the world is Europe

This. The Dutch had a similar level of colonialism and trade influence but also a much higher level of cultural influence than Portugal. There is no reason for Portugal to be blue and Netherlands green other than that the Portuguese did colonialism first.

their colonies are way more relevant than pretty much any other european colony today

>doesnt matter, they dominated 20th and 21st century
Soviet Union was an international soviet state and Russia was only the largest portion of it.

Wars and writers and stuff. Should be green then. For like two centuries eastern Europe had three major kingdoms duking it out. And Russia was the last of them to emerge. As objectively as I can one doesn't deserve to be marked as greater than the others because it's just our bias. The times when it was Russia who was dominating the region is just closer to us.

>Angola and Mozambique sure are way more relevant than South Africa, India, Canada, Australia or Indonesia
"No."

>le soviet union is not russia meme xDDD

>conveniently forgetting Brazil

>Wars and writers and stuff.
yes, wars, writers, scientists, composers and conquerors that influenced the world

>Independent in 1822, developed almost entirely on its own

That's what everybody living in the region and was under threat of Bolshevik invasion knows. This is also what non-government friendly Russian historians say.

this
only western cucks believe that USSR was not Russia by any means

This is what always annoys me whenever I watch something western-made about Soviet Union. They think it was still the same old Russia maybe with a slightly more radical government but not unlike revolutionary France.

Maybe someone here remembers what was that Russian poem about the last knights of Russia going away after Russian Civil War. In any case the coat of arms of USSR should be everything they need to know. It was supposed to be global.

he ussr was just a federalized communist russian empire

Everything red there should be at least orange, and red should be reserved for truly irrelevant nations like San Marino, Liechtenstein, Poland, Faroe islands, and the likes.

t. user from irrelevant shithole like Slovenia or Moldavia

USSR is russian imperialism, it annoys you because you dont know anything about communism or imperialism or russian history for that matter

Portugal has Brazil

Netherlands has some cucked farmers in south africa

>western education

What's the problem with Poland?

For example, this Polish man is the sole reason Australia is an actual country, not some buttfuck wasteland. He contributed to finding important resources in Australian land.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paweł_Strzelecki

Also, pic semi-related. There is more, just no one cares enough to list all of it.

good post desu

No, Im from Germany, and yes, they are irrelevant, but still not as completely irrelevant as the countries I mentioned. In an alternate timeline where one of the eastern european peoples never existed europe would probably look considerably different. I cant imagine though that europe would look much different if San Marino never existed.

You are fucking deluded if you unironically believe fucking slovenia is more relevant than Poland, histroically

And im not even a Poolish nigger

>toilet scrubbers
>relevant

top kek

t. Pajeet-al-Britani

Make Sweden and Denmark yellow (or Upgrade Poland, but I prefer downgrading these because makes more sense).
Baleares and Crete should be the same colour as mainland. Cyprus should be one colour (orange or red).

I agree about sweden, but denmark had somw relevancy, historically

Denmark yellow and sweden orange is the correct opinion

We would need more gradiation of colours to depict it accurately.
If we take all the period from Middle Ages to modernity, I would say that Denmark has been more time relevant than Sweden, but I still do not consider Sweden in the same group as those in orange.

* ALL TIME EUROPEAN COUNTRY RANKINGS *

1. UK
2. France
3. Germany(+Austria)
4. Italy
5. Russia
6. Spain
7. Sweden
8. Poland
9. Greece
10. Portugal
11. Denmark
12. Netherlands
13. Hungary
14. Bulgaria
15. Serbia
16. Norway
17. Czechia
18. Croatia
19. Lithuania
20. Romania

Special mentions: Switzerland and Belgium

Sweden is quite fucking irrelevant, historically.
Why do people mistake good HDI/economy for historic relevance?

redone it for you OP

>russian imperialism
>you dont know anything about communism or imperialism or russian history for that matter

You don't even know the goals of the Bolshevik expansion campaign and permanent revolution. Retards who don't even live in the region and think that USSR=Russia is what allowed Bolsheviks to actually survive.
It wasn't a Russian revolution and Soviet Union wasn't a Russian state.

I disagree there, even if I am not precisely a swedeboo.
They had some importance during the 30 years war and there had some hegemony over northern Europe in that period. They are not irrelevant nor they deserve to be lower than yellow.

UK first and not France, Spain under Russia, Portugal that low.
Pretty shitty list, lad.

>t. britbong.

For these kind of countries like St. Marino there's already the "didn't even bother to paint it" tier.

cringe

I am far more gentle.

Why Italy is more relevant than Russia or Spain?

>norway, romania, serbia, in top 20
>fucking lithuania
>sweden that high
>greece that low
absolute dogshit post

Portuguese history is often overlooked.

Green is too high for Poland
Orange is too high for Finland
Yellow is too high for Serbia and Ireland
Turkey should be green

Otherwise, pretty okay

It dwarfs both Spain and Russia in contributions to science and culture

>sweden that high
they had empire, contributions to science, never conquered, today one of the more powerful economies in europ, etc., while greece was ruled by turks for 4 centuries and today it's quite weaker than sweden

>norway, romania, serbia, in top 20
>fucking lithuania
they had some historical relevance, ever heard of polish-lithuanian commonwealth?

also for

im not sure about the last 6 though, alternatively id go:

15. Norway
16. Serbia
17. Czechia
18. Lithuania
19. Romania
20. Croatia

>they had empire
Top KEK
>never conquered
That's debatable, they lost Finland to Russia and Scania to Denmark several times, also they were sphered by Denmark most of their existance.
> today one of the more powerful economies in europ
They have a good GDP per Capita, they mean nothing.

Greece has shaped the concept of Europe, several contributions to science and philosophy, introduced several inventions in Europe. They have provided more to Europe than Sweden ever did.

Lithuania and Czechia have been far more important than Norway for sure. Serbia probably deserve to be over them.

>they lost Finland to Russia and Scania to Denmark several times
not relevant to our discussion

>also they were sphered by Denmark most of their existance.
they were only dominated by denmark during the kalmar union

>Iraq
>cradle of human civilisation
>invented reading, writing, agriculture, maths, science, astronomy,
>not blue

serbia's whole existence is getting conquered by its neighbors and losing wars, their only claim to relevancy is Tesla and its disputed if he wasnt a Croat anyway.
They most definitely havent contributed to humanity as much as Czech republic or Norway

It is. Finland was considered part of Sweden, not a territory. Saying it is not relevant is quite a bit delusional.

>they were only dominated by denmark during the kalmar union
Untrue, during Middle Ages Denmark was always meddling in their businesses.

i think that no one actually bothers to pain the countries outside of Europe, aside for that, Iraq/Iran should be blue

>Green is too high for Poland
Why? Compared to other green countries on map it seems ok.
Bohemia should be yellow.
But in the end, it's just another /pol/ack, who made this map for the sole purpose of shitposting, because it's impossible to align countries properly given only 5 tiers to chose from.

What has Norway contributed?
Actually the Serbs had a big importance in Balkan History. When it was not a Bulgarian realm dominating, it was a Serbian one.
It is true that after Dusan all went down the drain, but they were quite a regional power. Norway did what?

Didn't Serbia play a role in the creation of Yugoslavia? (I know little about it)

I mean, I like Portugal and all, but GB's colonies are honestly way more relevant than Brazil and some African and asian colonies

>It is. Finland was considered part of Sweden, not a territory. Saying it is not relevant is quite a bit delusional.
i don't care, sweden was independent, quit redefining terms to suit your shitty argument

For like 10 years.
Serbia was conquered by Byzantium/Bulgaria/Ottomans for the bigger chunk of their history

>What has Norway contributed?
Shitloads of expedition, some philosophers and art.

Let me remind anons that Portugal's legacy is far beyond colonies and trade. The massive navigation efforts of the small kingdom during the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries are scientifically proven to be as complex and difficult as the exploration of the outer space that we know today.

t. Alberto Barbossa

I don't know

Serbia
+yugoslavia
+serbian empire
+tesla, pupin
----4 centuries ottoman domination
--conquered by byzantines and bulgarians in a few times

Norway
+north sea empire
++never actually conquered
-lesser partner in personal union for most of modern history
(don't know any famous norwegians so i cant speak about their contributions)

it's pretty closely matched

top kek

why is christiano such a meme ?

t. Alberto Barbossa

Germany should be obviously red. They are still on their way to relevance.
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

>+yugoslavia
esatern euro shithole #49234
>serbian empire
wew lad, literally what
>tesla
the guy who had to leave his shithole to become relevant?
also, literally redit: the scientist
>Norway
>forgetting that they basically explored all the snownigger regions
>forgetting their viking accomplishments

because GOATs can afford being memetastic

your map is the only sensible one in this thread, I realize now that Veeky Forums is just full of retards with no education whatsoever

thx

Because the hakkapeliitta cavalry contributed largely to Swedens army.

but...who cares?

>d
That guy asking for reasons

>projecting this hard
It is you the one redefining terms. Finland was swedish mainland and was lost.

>For like 10 years.
>My history knowledge is limited
Ok, laddo.

>Shitloads of expedition
Such as?
>some philosophers
Appart from Ibbsen who else was relevant?
>art
Munch and?

>north sea empire
>not danish
>also, relevant

>never actually conquered
>Germany or Sweden disagree

>forgetting that they basically explored all the snownigger regions
>forgetting their viking accomplishments
Are you american? Because one must be american to make this shitty post.
Most irrelevant and overrated things in the european history.

>It is you the one redefining terms. Finland was swedish mainland and was lost.
I said sweden was never conquered, i don't care what was lost

sorry but you will never win this argument you low IQ moronic fuck

>sorry but you will never win this argument you low IQ moronic fuck
Buttblasted

you lost the argument

i win

you lose

loser

Sweden was never conquered

Denmark-Norway had a great impact. The majority of their fleet came from Norway.
Norway pre black plague had also a historical impact. For instance, Norway was the third nation in Europe to introduce a unified code of law for the whole nation and its colonies during the 13th century.

But other than that I agree, Norway didn't have much saying in history.

>>pol

Immature fool

talk shit get hit

use your brain next time before making moronic statements

>He is so idiotic that cannot comprehend that he has been mocked by several people