Arabs were able to BTFO Sassanids because light Arab cavalry could quickly maneuver heavy Sassanid Cataphracts

>Arabs were able to BTFO Sassanids because light Arab cavalry could quickly maneuver heavy Sassanid Cataphracts

>Crusaders were able to BTFO Arabs because Crusaders were heavily armored than Arabs

Can someone explain this irony to me, please?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Baghdad_(1258)
youtube.com/embed/vpyChtTj8Lg
science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2016/07/13/science.aaf7943.full
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Antioch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Antioch_(1098)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its destiny, iranians had to fall so things could go and end up like right now

If sassanids never fell then how turkics could have invaded anatolia?
If not turkics in anatolia then no ottomans which means spain and portugal will never sail to look for India

>crusaders BTFO arabs
>only held jerusalem for less than 100 years

>hrur im a fucken idiot and i can post

>The Arab forces that established themselves in Syria, Palestine and Mesopotamia were
predominantly infantry;60 among the Bedouin Arabs, horses were rare and expensive to
keep. To the extent horses were used in battle, it was for quick raids and rapid escape
back into the desert; alternatively, the fighters moved into position mounted, but
dismounted to fight. It was not until the conquest of Persia and the civil war among
Harun al-Rashid’s successors that Islamic forces began to feature substantial numbers of
cavalry.61 It is inconceivable that the Arabs did not learn a great deal from their mounted
opponents whom they met.62

>I'm retarded
You do know the Arab Caliphate under the Rashidun used Persian cataphracts in their military against both the Sassanians and Byzantines right? Even Arab sources admit this, the low ranking "knightly" and hedge lords of the Persian military were used as a major force until the Umayyad's got rid of them.

Hedge lord is a george rr martin word.

I don't give a shit. Its the most appropriate term for the Aztan. Low ranking feudal nobles who were the main manpower and recruits in the Sassanid military since the mid 6th century.

What the fuck is a "george rr martin word"?

The word is "hedge knight" and Martin didn't fucking invent it you waste of breath. You probably think he invented wet nurses and maesters too.

To hold it for a century against forces many times your own is pretty impressive. The Kingdom of Jerusalem failed because it didn't attract enough European migrants, simple as that.

Except the Arabs didn't give a shit. The moment they started attacking the crusader states in earnest they immediately collapsed.

Crusaders attacked coastal regions with good supply by sea or short overland routes.

Persia is inland with long land routes and many points for light raiders to get through and put pressure on supply lines, this would force a more sedentary people into an unfavorable position when armies finally clash.

Arabs didn't have a lot of infantry when they invaded Persia, with a good part of the small cavalry force being Persian itself.

Arabs were irrelevant in the Crusades. More warlike peoples like turks and kurds were doing the heavy lifting in the islamic side just like you see so many normans among the first crusaders.

>Arabs didn't have a lot of cavalry when they invaded Persia*

Arabs killed iranians and only LARPers live today

>Forces many times your own
You do understand that in the whole medieval period, Islam was literally buttraping Christianity?
They started from a fucking town in the middle of the desert, with little trade, made a decent force, took the whole region,took down the sassanids.
Christians had it's eyes on North Africa, everything was going well, everyone was converting, they even had a north african pope, then islam came, destroyed everything, their pagan pantheon, churches, everything, and forced the arab identity and islam on their throat, simply becaus Christians were too divided to defend North Africa, then they made into Christian territory and Christians couldn't do shit, they even made it to the gates of france, and where is Costantinople?
Muslims got BTFOd by crusaders in the /free/ city of jerusalem, which barely had any protection, but once they did take it back, Christians couldn't do shit to get it back, even Richard the first was completely BTFOd by Saladin.

This is my favorite type of baiting shitpost. Its not original, its not creative, its not innovative, its just spammed nonsensically.

He's a T*rk. Ignore him.

>Its destiny
spotted the historical illiterate

>In the medieval period , Christians we're getting BTFO
For awhile. Then this happened
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Baghdad_(1258)

Guess who actually repelled them though?

*muffled Linkin Park plays in the background*

The Mamluks?

The Christian God when he killed the Khan. Obviously he didn't care about you sand niggers

You make Christians look bad, stop it.

Pretty sure the Mongols entirely ravaged the Christians of Eastern Europe and the Caucasus.

I'm tired of you coming into every thread relating to Persia/Iran and saying we were like NW Europeans before "being mongrelized". Even when BTFO with scientific evidence and actual depictions of pre-Islamic Persians of themselves, you continue to act like a broken record.

Honestly, I would bring back scaphism especially for you

Yeah because they were Orthodox. Fucking heretics

Honestly man, you're becoming an embarrassment responding to all the trolls with the same shit. Just give it up.

>Hungary
>Orthodox

The Mongols buttraped German and Hungarian Catholics.

Is that why portugal and spain sailed? wtf

>give it up
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Schopenhauer and Seneca. Resignation is the highest of all virtues.

So, who was better. Muslims in combat, or Christians? Lets use the start of Muhammad's conquests till the WW1.

>till the end of WW1
Fucking hell, this is why you reread your posts.

It's because of all the stormkiddies worshiping the very definition of whiteness (though they will try to claim this is THE WHOLE WORRRLLDD based on magazine covers and the cosmetics industry lol) The sandniggers want to fit in, so they backinvent histories. Soon enough Asians will be claiming that recent study that asserts the gene that confers yellow skin in Asians shares common ancestry with what gives pale skin to Europeans and use that to claim they're all honorary aryans.

Yeah, because unlike with you ar*bs, God hears our cries of pain and responds. Where was he after he sacked Baghdad. Oh yeah... Nowhere

Except Iranians and Persians were described to be even white than Greeks, and modern day Indo-European descended people living in Iraq, Syria, and Iran are pretty white looking.

Like the yazidi. Although like the yazidi, they have Semite in them

> Mongols leave because Ogedei Khan died and all the successors have to return to Mongolia to pick a new Khan.
> Batu Khan is left with only the Golden Horde while most of the horde heads south to finish conquering the Song
> Christians BTFO the Mongols!

>even Richard the first was completely BTFOd by Saladin.
Kind Dick slapped saladin's shit repeatedly, you delusional camel rapist.

source on that pic
ottoman block them from doing trade with india and china so they sailed looking for india, that is why native americans are called amerindians, Colon thought he found india

>Except
Wrong.

those people are iranian, after arabs invaded many iranians went to the levant and mesopotamia hence why you see kurds in mesopotamia

Why is our moderation in Veeky Forums so bad that this fag can post this nonsense over and over?

Literally retarded.

am i doing something ban able?
why, retard?

He's naturally handicapped, its expected.

t. butthurt shitskin

>""""repelled""""
>the mongols don't rape europe because ogedai died
>"ooga booga we wuz warriorz n shiiet"
and
>pepe
kill yourself redditor

Sorry I don't speak retard, but you shouldn't refer to your own charcoal ass skin tone in such a way.

t. butthurt shitskin

Its not working.

t.butthurt shitskin

dont reply to me again

Its still not working.

>To hold it for a century against forces many times your own is pretty impressive. The Kingdom of Jerusalem failed because it didn't attract enough European migrants, simple as that.
The Crusader states often allied with the Islamic kingdoms around them to survive. Nur ad-Din was the first king of a state to be actively against the Crusaders and refuse all negotiations. And after his era they fell like a stick of cards on top of each other.

Ultimately it was because everybody hated each other so much that they survived for so long.

Well no shit, Persians live in the mountains while Greeks live in the baking lowlands around the Mediterranean. Of course Persians have light skin, only Ameriburgers and retard leftists disagree.

Persians vary in skin tone and complexions just like Greeks and Italians do. Not every single Persian is going to be that fair skinned.

Most Persians resemble Bedouins through and through. Its the """""Persian Azeris"""" that are usually white looking.

>STILL replying to this shitposter

Daily reminder that Persians are white

Right. But Arabs still aren't Persian

>I have no idea what I'm talking about the post here's my shitty bait
At least get more creative you dumb shit Dominican.

Here's a cool animated movie based off the Shahnameh coming out in Dec. 15th in French and Persian. May interest you:

youtube.com/embed/vpyChtTj8Lg

Fission mailed.

>Arabs were irrelevant in the Crusades. More warlike peoples like turks and kurds were doing the heavy lifting in the islamic side just like you see so many normans among the first crusaders

I don't know how accurate this statement is really. Of course the Turks, Ghulams and Mamluks were the principle forces but the nobility of much of the region were still Arab and thus fought in command of the Turkic slave soldiers they offered up. Usama ibn Munqidh is an example of this.

spotted the gothead. Seriously you guys are as bad as the people who interrupt anyone who uses a greek or latin word to say "that's a Freudian concept!"

>When you have no argument besides calling your opponent a shitposter
Pathetic. Hey I wonder if your genetic study actually tested modern true Persians and not Arab - person hybrids

i didnt make those posts

The study compared the genomic sample of a Persian of Teppe Hasanlu dating to Sassanian era to modern Persians, showing how modern Persians relate more closely to them than Europeans:

science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2016/07/13/science.aaf7943.full
(check image here )

You're still an idiot though because you called Sassanids mongrels and keep appearing in every thread dealing with Ancient Persians, yelling modern Persians are mongrels.

Ho ho, let's go through this point by point.

>You do understand that in the whole medieval period, Islam was literally buttraping Christianity?

False.

>They started from a fucking town in the middle of the desert, with little trade, made a decent force, took the whole region,took down the sassanids.

Your point? That's basically what Christianity did except switch "a decent force" with 12 homeless guys + Jesus and switch the Sassanids with Rome.

>Christians had it's eyes on North Africa, everything was going well, everyone was converting, they even had a north african pope, then islam came, destroyed everything

Gross oversimplification, but I wouldn't expect anyone to write an essay so I'll give you that one. At the beginning (that part is important, don't forget that part) of the vibrant cultural enrichment the Muslims did, indeed, stomp Christendom's shit blitzkrieg style. This wasn't to last, however.

>their pagan pantheon

What?

>and forced the arab identity and islam on their throat, simply becaus Christians were too divided to defend North Africa

Simply because Muslims are savages, but okay.

>simply becaus Christians were too divided to defend North Africa, then they made into Christian territory and Christians couldn't do shit

What is Tours-Poitiers.

>they even made it to the gates of france

And were turned back easily by my boi Charles Martel.

>and where is Costantinople

On the Bosphorus.

>Muslims got BTFOd by crusaders in the /free/ city of jerusalem, which barely had any protection, but once they did take it back

"But once they managed to take it back after an entire century of Christian occupation..." F.T.F.Y.

Also, "muh Crusades failed" people keep forgetting the Reconquista, which was part of the Crusades and which was permanently successful.

i didnt call sassanids mongrels, though
they were pure iranian, it was after arab invasion that those lands became a melting pot

>i didnt call sassanids mongrels, though
You did, and I gave you sources showing how modern Iranians cluster closely to their Sassanid forebears.

>they were pure iranian, it was after arab invasion that those lands became a melting pot
I gave you a vase, at least a 100 times, showing you that Persians were never NW European in appearance: That vase dates to Sassanian era. Also, here is a mosaic from Nishapur, also dating to Sassanian era.

In every thread about ancient Persians, you always come in and yell modern Persians are mongrels, and you've been doing this for over 2 years. And each and every goddamn time, I come blow you out of the water with actual genetic evidence and ancient Sassanian relics.

You need to stop already, you fucking piece of shit.

i didnt read all that but why you are so mad?
calm down

>why you are so mad?
Because you "didnt read all that", you stupid dense piece of shit. Modern Iranians are not mongrels. I would bring back scaphism just for you.

what about iran people that high cheekbones and little eyes?
that is mongoloid genes and you know it, many people in iran have that

The Crusaders weren't more heavily armored than the locals at first, and they devastated the region because of their impetuous shock tactics that would easily break up opposing forces made up of weak feudal coalitions - the kind Latin cavalry had been charging for generations by that point but the Muslims had only recently begun to experience.

Later Crusader cavalry got heavier and heavier, but that didn't help them defeat better organized Muslim armies no longer structured around military despots.

We keep going through this over and over again. It's like a circle. Get it through your numbskull:

1) I gave genetic evidence that modern Iranians cluster closely to their Sassanian forebears
2) I gave ancient artifacts showing Sassanids depicting themselves

And now I request you to SHUT THE FUCK UP already.

ok i understand that but in iran there are many people that have little eyes and high cheekbones

what about them?

Iran has various ethnicities, just like many other countries. Sweden has Gypsies. Does that mean all Swedes are mixed with Gypsy?

>(F) people are arguing with a schizoid Dominican to prove that they're Aryan
wtf (F) people i didn't know you were this obsessed

but iran have those people everywhere, its ok if azeris look like that but in all part of iran you see people with little eyes and high cheekbones

also right guy's nose is flat so dont look like the coin

Neither are correct. Political and logistical concerns are of far greater importance in the long term than equipment.

Shut up, T*rk.

>also right guy's nose is flat so dont look like the coin
There's something severely wrong with you. You don't have to look exactly* identical with your ancestors or brethren to be a part of them. Not every single ancient Roman looked alike, for example. Diversity still exists in individuals.

Consider the ancient artifacts of Sassanids I gave you. They had black hair mostly. These wax dolls are probably what Achaemenids most likely resembled. Ancient Persians were never Nordic, like you've argued endlessly.

>Ancient Persians were never Nordic
But they WERE white. Not anymore.

Those wax dolls do not look White, and also Persians were never White.

Look here:
You cannot argue against evidence. Ancient Persians were never White.

yeh but kids like easy black and white reasons.

>You don't have to look exactly* identical with your ancestors or brethren to be a part of them.
This. It's a modern concept.

Okay retard

Reminder to filter and ignore Dominican so that he stops posting on this board.

The First Crusade had the blessing of literally God, there's no way the crusaders could have won otherwise starved as they were.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Antioch

>Meanwhile, in Antioch, on the 10th June an otherwise insignificant priest from southern France[39] by the name of Peter Bartholomew came forward claiming to have had visions of St. Andrew, who told him that the Holy Lance was inside the city.[40] The starving crusaders were prone to visions and hallucinations, and another monk named Stephen of Valence reported visions of Christ and the Virgin Mary.[38] On 14 June a meteor was seen landing in the enemy camp, interpreted as a good omen.[40] Although Adhemar was suspicious, as he had seen a relic of the Holy Lance in Constantinople,[40] Raymond believed Peter. Raymond, Raymond of Aguilers, William, Bishop of Orange, and others began to dig in the cathedral of Saint Peter on 15 June, and when they came up empty, Peter went into the pit, reached down, and produced a spear point.[40] Raymond took this as a divine sign that they would survive and thus prepared for a final fight rather than surrender. Peter then reported another vision, in which St. Andrew instructed the crusader army to fast for five days (although they were already starving), after which they would be victorious.

They fasted for five days after months of starvation rations before this battle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Antioch_(1098)
>~35,000 Turks, ~20,000 Christians
>Raymond of Aguilers carrying the Holy Lance before them
>Heavy, most of the army Light, relatively few
>Decisive Crusader Victory
>they had visions of three saints riding along with them: St. George, St. Demetrius, and St. Maurice. The battle was brief and disastrous for the Turks.

they won bc of traitorous armenians opening the gates.

I'm referring here to the battle that ended the counter-siege.

>Can someone explain this irony to me, please?
It's almost as if that's a ridiculously simplified way of looking at things.

Armenians are based, no one helped or supported the crusaders more.
That's what ar*b scum get for trying to cuck the first Christians.

>it doesnt count as being btfo if we get revenge on their kids ri..right?

They won because sunnis didnt want to fight for thr shia fatimids

>Istanbul will never, ever be under Gr*ek, or Christian hands again.
Feels good man.

koksal baba is the true ottoman heir confirmed

>Arabs were able to BTFO Sassanids because light Arab cavalry could quickly maneuver heavy Sassanid Cataphracts

This shit never happened.After the Byzanto-Sassanid War in the 620s neither Byzantines nor the Iranians fielded or could have fielded an army to resist Arab occupation.