NEED REAL INFO ON ETH

Ok, /biz.
Migrated and lurked here for a while now.
Am aware of cultural exchanges and influences mixed with legalities and with take-up etc.
I am aware the market is being mildly manipulated at the moment while the big players are crashing the mark et to buy the dip. (Lol over all the wojacks and sell on dip)
After all, its just Supply&Demand.
Gotchya senpai.

But I NEED TO KNOW.
Whats the hate with ETH?
Why is it seen as a dirtcoin?
Why are other altcoins glorified and the main players (BTC & ETH) shunned?

Primarily, tell me /biz with fact, examples, business data, market strategy what have you;
WHY THE HATE FOR ETH?

The Ethereum FUD is done by retards who are angry that it isn't consistently making them money.
Ethereum is an important step forward to developing new aspects for the internet and its infrastructure. If you cannot see/understand this then you will be left behind.

Ok, Thanks for the reply.
I'm unsure how FUD will play a huge role in the consumer demand for an apparent high value alternate digital currency to BTC.
The way I can see it, BTC set the standard. ETH enhanced the chain.
BTC will only produce X coins, where as ETC will keep going.
Both BTC and ETC have a proven blockchain and market penetration.
I am currently of the understanding that BTC will be the "$100 note", while ETC will end up being the "$50", and others to follow.
After all, consumers will like to have security, a 'Name' to follow.
What in the FUD detracts from this for the majority of consumers?
> inb4 shill, just stating my opinion and looking for a reasonable discussion.
Thanks!

Most of the hate is emotional. Bitcoin purists see ETH as a malicious competitor to their coin.
Now look at the charts of the first half of the year. Bitcoin doubled while ETH did a x40. This created a very salty and toxic FUD environment.

In addition ETH has technological flaws. See the centralized oracle issue or the many ICO scams.
But every coin has issues like that and I'm certain they will get solved in the future.

Just read this post. If you think ETH is a currency or even a competitor to BTC then you don't understand what it is.

ETH's issues are overblown too. There isn't a single issue that cripples it and it's only a matter of time before it overtakes BTC. Whether it will pump with Raiden/Metropolis or not I don't know, but it will pump eventually because it's undervalued.

The hate is the leader of ETH is ugly as fuck

Like an anorexic Tom Brady

No need to shill user.
The oracle issue is a massive one as in its current state Ethereum is basically unfit for its intented purpose.
ETH might overtake bitcoin, it might not.
But it is essential to understand that bitcoin is meant to be a currency or a store of value, while ETH, the first ever created token on Ethereum is kinda a sort of petrol to fuel the interactions between users and the pieces of software running on it.

no, i don't think it's either
I think it's supplemental to BTC, in the way a 50 is supplemental to a 100.
Its uses far outweigh currency, however, this is /biz, and we are talking the about the consumer, who ever that is, be it a tap and go currency user, a secure data retainer, or as an investment portfolio filler.
Its value is determined by the user.
And we all know that consumers sometimes trade quality for simplicity etc.

I see the Gains, and i wonder about the hate.
I'll look into the 'Oracle issue, have heard of the hack though if thats one and the same.

>Reread post - yeah that came off a bit 1v1 TLDR - BTC and ERT: they work together, like gold and silver, not fighting for top spot.

You could argue that LTC is BTCs silver. But ETH isn't even meant to be traded for goods or used as a currency.

The Ethereum blockchain is designed for dApps, smart contracts. You can basically write a software program and upload it into the blockchain. It will be forever there and doesn't need any servers to store it. ETH is consumed when accessing and interfering with those programs as a fee.
An oracle is the link between a centralized server and the dApp. At the moment nearly all benefits a decentralized software brings go out of the window as it cannot run without additional data fed into it - via centralized oracles.

>wonder about the hate
People buy it because they think its a crypto thats 1/10th of the cost of bitcoin and its in their price range. Which automatically tells you everything you need to know about them. Since they are that stupid already, they are to stupid to read the charts to find out were its been or where its going.

Yep, ok, BTC>LTC>(?ETH)
I see a secure repo. as valuable. retention of copyright, BTC wallet data, personal info (wills) (interpersonal contracts) will fuel it's growth.
There should be value in that. and by market appraisal, there seems to be.
Perhaps if it became more decentralized -like BTC it would gain more 'value' - but that won't happen.

remember in '11 when BTC was $12. Orwhen faucets were dropping 5 BTC in 09?
Where _is_ it going?
People are looking for the next 'big thing'.
Oil is running out, everyone gets sun. rare metals are by definition rare.
A commodity is/ can be a currency. (They used to trade peppercorns and spices back in the day.)
Supply and demand. And if people are demanding....

Up is where its going. Increasing in value against bitcoin. Neat thing about Ethereum is it can be a currency and it can also be so much more.

Vitalik "Neverending Dip" Buterin

What's stopping Etherum from mooning to BTC 4k levels in the future?

Eth is a mess

>it used to be worth 0.15 BTC

ETH is my coinfu. Made 30k off a 3k investment. Biz is full of asshurt homos who probably bought LTC instead

The size of the pool.

What is this centralized oracle issue you talk about?

yea, what is it?

Disregard that.

Thanks.

ETH isn't a dirt coin. it's web 3.0.

all the ass-blasted bitcoiners know this but have grown so attached to their completely immutable (devs won't allow enhancements to be implemented to it), 2009-tier technology that the simple mentioning of ethereum sets them off. they think cryptos are a "store of value" when cryptos are the most volatile asset in existence.