Why has China historically had high populations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Vt4Dfa4fOEY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

High agricultural output + a relative lack of natural resources -> Humans become the resource.

Because their sages mastered the sexual arts and taught them to the people.

The funny thing is, Chinese are not normally thought of as a highly sexual people. But they obviously are in at least some way.

I've always found a little hard to believe that Rome was the first city in the world to have a million residents and not someplace in China or maybe India.

It seems that estimates of Chinese population in 0 AD are ~60 million, which is about the same as that of the Roman Empire. If that's the case, then the Chinese population became relatively large only later. But I don't know how solid such numbers are. Not very, I'd imagine.

I'm pulling this mostly out of my ass but i remember reading something about that some humans had settled in parts of Siberia and had to adapt to the harsh environment, and that this population migrated and had a demographic explosion after settling in the areas surrounding the Yellow River.

>0 AD

Yeah, I probably fucked it up. Let's say about 2000 BP, then.

>not 1 AD or 1 BC

This. Massive amounts of human labor was required just to get anything done.

What is "relative lack of natural resources"?

What use are rare earth metals in antiquity?

China's population was concentrated. Meanwhile Roman Empire is all over the place taking in 3 different civilizations with it. The core of persian empire, the core of egyptian/african empire, and the core of greek/european empire.

China during 0 AD is only taking into account of itself.

Why would that matter in antiquity in relation to its large population?

>no hainan
>no Shanghai coastal islands
>no taiwan

Why the fuck do people do this?

>"""China""" is a single civilization

>a relative lack of natural resources
>China.
>a relative lack of natural resource

What the fuck.

>hainan
Rightful Vietnamese clay!

>Shanghai
Rightful Yuro clay!

>taiwan
Rightful Kuomintang clay!

I thought this was hilarious. Thanks.

*eats your rice*

>Yuro
?¿

These niggas eat a lot of rice

(And bugs)

There's a reason why japanese media is so sexualized but at the same time, the people are sexually repressed.

That is the result of the US dictatorship.
Presumably, the general ruling the country simply wasn't all that into the media so he banned stuff that showed genitals (hence the censors) and was done with it.
Meanwhile, his fight to make them wear underwear, gender-separate onsens, never appear in public naked, etc. resulted in a proper Victorian puritan-tier society on the outside.

Thankfully the Korean War started. The fucker almost wrestled Latin alphabet on them. Among other things.

Human life has no value for the han """people"""

Weeaboo detected. It's pretty much the opposite. American ocupation encouraged more openness of emotions in the developing media

The first scene with a kiss on a movie was in the post war and the characters kissed behind a curtain. Even so it caused mass outrage

It is according to wewuzzing Hans and muh 5000 years they love to yap on about.

>implying the latin script isn't a far better solution than the linguistic equivalent of bubble-and-squeak that currently purports to being a useable a character set

They should have adopted a simplified script like the Koreans did and not half ass it with hiragana and katakana.

There is a kana only movement in Japan arguing for the removal of kanji and writing chinese words in katakana like every other foreign word

As a student of Korean i agree, though i fully admit that Japanese is by far a superior speaking experience.

As a gyopo who lost his language, it can be difficult for me to distinguish Japanese and Korean without concentrating on the syllables. They have the same... feel to them.

They need to adopt word spacing for that to work.

Listen the end of the sentences. Korean ends in formalized polite verb endings that sound like 'yo' or 'habnida/subnida' depending on the social setting. Its a dead give away. Catch a train in seoul and you get chinese/japanese/korean and english announcements. Great placeto rebuild your ear for different tongues.

Homonyms, buddy, homonyms.
Korean has a crap-load more sounds to work with. Kana is literally as literal as it gets with Japanese and they have proven time and time again it doesn't work for anything more than toddler-level. The problem being the Chinese loanwords which would require them dumping a massive portion of their language to correct (it's like asking English to get rid of all the French words to remove the bullshit of not being able to properly pronounce any new words).

Yeah thats how I go about it but they have a similar timbre. Like the accents are quite similar, unlike with Chinese or Vietnamese. Kinda like this
youtu.be/Vt4Dfa4fOEY

Yeah that's true. Don't worry though, the official announcements pitch japanese translations up to primary school tier squeaking so you can differentiate. Chinese is the vomiting chicken with laryngitis in the room of course.