The tsar and the kaiser

The tsar and the kaiser

>So Nicky, you really need to attack Japan, it's a great idea
>You know Willy, I'm starting to have second thoughts about that.
>What? No! The Yellow Menace must be crushed!
>Well, okay, but you'll send your fleet to help out right?
>Oh course! Why wouldn't I?

>lmao, I don't have to guess with which hand you have to pull your willy, Willy

Why modern european show their nations as females?

Romans and greeks didnt do that

Don't forget the Kayser

Japan allied with Russia during ww1

My post was a reference to the Russo-Japanese War, not WW1. Wilhelm constantly sent Nicky messages urging him to act against Japan, and then didn't send any help when the war actually started. The war turned out to be a disaster for Russia. The Russian navy was annihilated and the Russian army lost access to the Korean Peninsula.

>what is a Tyche
>why are Europa Asia Africa Persia and every classical geographical region female
>why are Roma, Sparta, Athens, Lamia etc female
holy shit kill yourself you worthless shitposting namefag, every single post of yours is a waste of my time

I really need to know when he actually said that

>A recurring theme of Wilhelm's letters to Nicholas was that "Holy Russia" had been "chosen" by God to save the "entire white race" from the "yellow peril", and that Russia was "entitled" to annex all of Korea, Manchuria, and northern China up to Beijing. Wilhelm went on to assure Nicholas that once Russia had defeated Japan that this would be a deadly blow to British diplomacy, and the two emperors, the self-proclaimed "Admiral of the Atlantic" and the "Admiral of the Pacific" would rule Eurasia together, making them able to challenge British sea power as the resources of Eurasia would make their empires immune to a British blockade, which would thus allow Germany and Russia to "divide up the best" of the British colonies in Asia between them. Nicholas had been prepared to compromise with Japan, but after receiving a letter from Wilhelm attacking him as a coward for his willingness to compromise with the Japanese (whom Wilhelm never ceasing reminding Nicholas represented the "Yellow Peril") for the sake of peace, become more obstinate.

Romans represented regions as females.

THE FIRST PEPE

Representation typically flips by context. America traditionally had two avatars. First, a friendly female avatar named "Columbia" who is used to represent America's openness and the more authoritative "Uncle Sam" who is used to represent America's strength. They are seen together in this old cartoon where Columbia is reaching out to rescue the oppressed while Uncle Sam broods from atop his fortress, ready to bring justice to the enemies of freedom.

Uncle Sam and John Bull are some modern populist autism. 99% of the time in Western civilization, the representation is female and classical.

So that is how the Russo-German alliance ended

>Romans and greeks didnt do that

Yes they did.

How can you be posting on a history board and not know why Athenai was named the way it was?

The Uncle Sam character dates back to 1812. I'm not sure I'd call that "modern."

Is there any possible definition of modernity within which 1812 does not fall?

You went to school in America, didn´t you?

And you decide to ignore all other search results except the one that is convenient to you

Holy shit, I meant to meme with the american school system, it was intended as a friendly joke.
But holy shit, I followed your link, and apparently the library of congress, I assume one of the most prestigious institution of your country, divides epochs as pic related. I´m done, you guys really need to invest in education if even they can´t afford someone to proofread (and bitchslap someone that replaces "contemporary" with "modern").

The world didn't even have railroads in 1812, how can you call that modern?

Or is this some of your snowflakisms, like using the imperial system or calling lefties "liberals" and the like?

I am not trying to be overpedantic or something, I am honestly shocked.

living in a coutry that was not created before modern Era :, i pity you

Jazz era
i am fucking dead o my god

I hope you are trolling.

Modernity is not defined as "having cars and shit". The term modern comes from the renaisance, and was used to describe their times, and way of thinking, influenced by new discoveries and the resurgence of classical values and ideas.

XV-early XIX = early modern
XIX-early XX = late modern
XX-XXI = contemporary period

And no, the renaissance was not in the 1940´s... ;^)

>he trusted a kr*ut

>American history is divided up differently than world history
Well I mean it is specifically American history, does nobody else really divide their country's progression into eras that exist outside of the accepted world scale?

If you guys honestly want to divide your history in eras like "progressive Era" and "Jazz Age" fine, but somehow implying that your country was somehow more modern after 1946 than before that is retarded. This would actually make sense if you where Japan, Indonesia or something and got exposed to modern thought at a later point of your history. But the US has been modern pretty much since it´s creation.

What shocks me is the complete disregard for the meaning of the word.

Women are pretty

Yes, but that's based on our actual eras, and foreigners agree. It's just not important to anyone but us.

1910-1945
1945-1960~
1960~-1990~
1990~-current day

>Jazz age
lol
would 2010's then count as Hip-Hop age?

The real irony of this is that people that use the term postmodern, tend to define the respective era as having started after World War II.

No, that's 2000s

they should have called the era from 1946 onwards the age of steam

Really? That's pretty cool. Have a pic?

Sometimes I just don't know how to feel.