Painting bubble?

Is the art industry just a huge scam / bubble? Why would anyone pay 300mm for a piece of canvas with some colors... Where is the intrinsic value? I can have a copy made for 50$.

Why are rich people buying art for ridiculous prices and shitting all over Bitcoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-19/that-100-000-painting-bought-to-flip-yours-for-about-20-000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Why are rich people buying art for ridiculous prices
Because they sell for equally ridiculous prices

So how is Bitcoin not better than art?

how dare you
"art" has actual utility and that utility is money laundering

Jews run the banks and shit out postmodern art, crypto is a threat... as is traditional artwork. Both are attacked, don't kid yourself. I wish the world wasn't like this, I take no delight in the current state of affairs.

because you dont pay taxes on holding art moron

Bitcoin is better than art because it's much more that just an item. It's an advanced payment system that destroys the need for banks and other big financial institutions. It only requires an internet connection.

art is just a cover for money laundering, if you want to draw a comparison to crypto on that, i wont stop you

literally money laundering

fucking checked

I pay taxes on holding crypto, morron? Please enlighten us on how we pay taxes for holding bitcoin. I dont pay taxes until I cash out Bitcoin to fiat, morron.

art history is basically one big blockchain where an artist becomes slightly famous, which leads young artists to cite this artist as an influence in their work to increase their own credibility, which leads the original artist to become even more revered, increasing the prices of their work in the process. "influence" is the only real semi-quantifiable statistic the art market has to go on so it means a lot. and it's a surprisingly hard thing to force through (long term) with cash alone. that said it's a huge unregulated market so there's a LOT of fuckery.

>humanity is basically one big blockchain

this meme will never get old

humanity basically runs off a proof of work + proof of stake system tbf

>it's a surprisingly hard thing to force through (long term) with cash alone
What's hard about it? Shell out a few million for menstrual blood and shit on canvas, suddenly talentless faggots think it's a meal ticket and real artists are demoralized.

yeah art is mostly a vehicle for transferring wealth between the super rich bro. it has utility beyond being a decoration

hard because it exists in dialogue. you could throw millions at trite work but you'll soon run out of money trying to sustain the market if the art world (including the critics, artists, curators) doesn't take to it. see what happened here quite recently: bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-19/that-100-000-painting-bought-to-flip-yours-for-about-20-000

guaranteed ROI, something to look at, a trophy of the cultured elite

Invest in the Maecenas ICO to get involved in the digital art gallery of the future.

You heard it here first.

>kikery stops when the money runs out
...that's why we have museums, colleges and the government also buying art.