How did this absolute madman get away with using only human wave tactics?

How did this absolute madman get away with using only human wave tactics?

Other urls found in this thread:

digizeitschriften.de/download/PPN514402342_1960/PPN514402342_1960___log16.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stalin didn't care about human life

and he won, even if he built a literal bridge of human bodies to get there

god I hate Veeky Forums....

you know that when anons want actual informed discussion regarding historical topics they go to Veeky Forums and /k/. this maybe the most worthless board on Veeky Forums....

Country leader/military commander cant "care about human life", if he does, he will loose.

talking about battle is depth is not as fun as dumping memes

Isn't he the guy who perfected deep zerging

Stalin took it to an extreme though

Also, how do you explain the West's focus on saving their soldier's lives? America in WW2?

We jest but I've seen many people who think like this.
>russians only won because muh asiatic hordes
Makes me sad

>Also, how do you explain the West's focus on saving their soldier's lives
They didn't have millions of plundering enemy soldiers on their home soil.

Not one step back rule

Quit replying to bait and Veeky Forums may improve.

when you execute a division worth of soldiers

France did, and I don't recall many of their zerg rushes

I can understand Russia might have been a little stressed, but having men lock arms and walk across minefields seems a little ridiculous

>France did, and I don't recall many of their zerg rushes
No, but you probably do recall their relatively swift surrender.

Point being? They didn't lose because they decided not to throw their men into the meatgrinder

they're all bait threads....there's currently a thread about the Hyperborea up right now.

Ok, now explain to me why would anyone do that instead of "caring about the human life", what is military advantage of "caring about the human life."

You don't completely wipe out your fighting population so in the off chance that you get liberated or can revolt, you have men that aren't 65 or 14.

You also have plenty of trained men now blending in with the general populace, making partisan attacks that more effective

Pretty sure this only happened in the very first days of the war, when Russians were caught completely off-guard. Source on that?

The US didn't get invaded and plundered with unparalleled ferocity.

he's actually not saying that. there's a difference between saying that "soviets won by zerg rush" and "soviet leadership, especially stalin, fought with little regard for huge losses of men". Its a sad fact that the soviets could have fought the war with a lot less casualties and suffering had they had better leadership and strategy instead of, say, launching frontal assaults across all fronts as they did in 1942

It's just Veeky Forums for people that subscribe to history memes on facebook. Puffed-up pseuds that just outgrew their fedora and sonic phase.

>Using only human wave tactics
Seems to me like that's exactly what he's saying.

They had the advantage in numbers, and they exploited it. It is a sad thing to lose so many men, it's also a sad thing to have almost half of your country pillaged and conquered. Their equipment wasn't that great either, they simply made do with what they had: bodies.

Tell me then why did Stalin "wasted lifes of his men" or simmilar meme instead of "caring about their lifes."

during the war, Stalin was dealing with Zhukov as if he was his subordinate, Zhukov would say I need this, Stalin would say I will do it

shit equipment like the best tanks of the war, and best smg?

>t-34
>best tank of the war

Explain to me the Deep Battle and Operational Level of battle thing the soviets had going?

when you look at of ease of use,ease of production, low cost, constant upgrades and early entry into the war it was the best.

Defence in depth is literally what it sounds like, mutiple layers of defences that are slowly abandoned as troops fall back to seconday and tertiary lines of defence, spreading out the enemy force and making it lose momentum while slowly bleeding it. Then mount counter attacks.

>Germany needed to upgun the Panzer IV and design entirely new tanks to fight them
Yeah, what a shit tank, Panzer III best tank ever

Zhukov was the smart version of Patton, anyways why would he care about tactics? Zhukov cared about the strategic and operational levels of war

deep battle seems like a larger and more chaotic blitzkrieg on that picture

>just attack the main line and like....huuh hope it breaks somewhere?

You hit them hard and exploit the weakness's that show up, the reserves are the key really, where as blitzkrieg is just throwing a huge amount of force at a spot and trying to CREATE a weakness. I think deep battle was really well suited to soviet strengths and seems better suited for MASSIVE scale offensives.

>>just attack the main line and like....huuh hope it breaks somewhere?

is pretty much blitzkrieg as well

The point isn't that it might break, it's that is definitely will break as more and more enemy reserves get sucked into the fighting

well in the picutre it seems like blitzkrieg guys do a bit of reconnaissance and intelligence work to check where the ennemy is weakest then throw eveything there

I mean, it worked didn't it? He's like the Russian Ulysess S Grant t b h

That picture is fucking retarded. It's taking into account only Germany's KIA, but including USSR's KIA, MIA and POW deaths.

>. It's taking into account only Germany's KIA
Pretty sure it includes MIA and POW deaths too

It says "military deaths" not sure why they would skim deaths for German

>Pretty sure it includes MIA and POW deaths too
Definitely not. Germany's KIA, MIA, disabled exceeded 10 million on the Eastern front.

Also I forgot to mention the Bundestag archives showcase "KIA" also being roughly 4 million, so I doubt it's taking into account MIA in user's pic.
digizeitschriften.de/download/PPN514402342_1960/PPN514402342_1960___log16.pdf
Look at Table 3 (Tote der deutschen Wehrmacht im 2. Weltkrieg*)

Less chaotic though. Everyone has plans to advance, and if you succeed you get support. If you fail you don't, but the enemy will be focused on where you succeed anyway.

That pic says dead, missing, or disabled. Disabled implies injury or casualty , not death.

* Which would probably mean that the Soviet casualties in user's pic
Does not count regular casualties