Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

How do I not be "poor" at 35 while not being a lifeless wage slave?

I just turned 20 and I want to take the time I have to be able to live securely in the future, but I also want to be able to live freely.

I have about 5K euro in savings, I'm resourceful and can be frugal when necessary. What else do I need to do/be in order to achieve my goal?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbean.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vss_-yml4zA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have you heard about this coin called Bitbean? I heard it's the new big thing. Might be worth checking it out, it's still cheap right now.
bitbean.org/

I give you an old Veeky Forums advice. Don't gamble with cryptos.

That's the basement neet way to try to do something in their useless life.

You're still extremely young and have a future, get a good education first of all.

Don't try to skip steps thinking to achieve the goal anyway.

Save as much as you can and invest. Most wagecucks stay poor because they try to live extravagantly on their piss poor wages. Don't live beyond your means and avoid debt at all costs. Most people don't realize this and dig themselves deeper even though this is common sense shit.

yeah bro. miss out on the greatest creation of wealth in the history of the world.

at least get into fintech

>tfw poor
>tfw turned 35 last week

This, get into the habit of savings at LEAST 40% of your income, you can invest some of it if you feel like you want to take a risk in return for possible rewards.

Most poor people are poor because they spend too much.

>Avoid getting into debt
>Become skillful in something with real job prospects and opportunities to grow
>Invest a small portion of what you earn each month (5-10%) and don't touch it
>Have fun but don't spend money on things you don't need like a brand new car
>Don't marry a psycho who can take half your money in the divorce
>When you start earning more money make sure not to start living a much pricier lifestyle.
>Also, make sure you hit the fucking gym. Won't help your finances but it's good for physical and mental health.

so what counts as poor?

I have about $30k in stocks
about $15k in the bank
the only debt I have is my mortgage which I still have like 28 years left to pay on
am I poor?

trying to get an education on the time where the major bubble ever is education

>don't gamble with cryptos
>gamble with chasing a certificate

that gook is a fucking retard. 7 billion people don't deserve to be poor. everything depends on where you are born, and how rich your parents are.

there are retards like donald trump that were born in third, and complain of people that pass the water.

same guy?

Yes, because your net worth is below 0.

t. poor

is it time for a rope and a stool?

>that quote in the pic
Rofl @ this beta coping. You just know this guy looks in the mirror everyday and wishes he could buy his way out of being a 1/10

but he can, I'm pretty cute and I'd switch bodies with him for his money without thinking

I don't buy meme crypto.

Thanks for the advice. It's a points system here and I'm working on getting sufficient points for CS in Uni at the moment. I'm not sure if college counts as "good" education, but that's the current path I'm on.

>Don't live beyond your means and avoid debt at all costs
I agree. I'm not really the type of person to be opulent with superficial spendings. I only have a few pairs of clothes, three shoes, a cheap thinkpad and a old phone. I also have a fear of debts from growing up with my Dad who got in a terrible one.

Much appreciated.

Poor, in my definition, is a place where you worry about spending and keeping money for things that wouldn't necessarily be considered an expense. Like being a Rabbi only you don't have the gold. Also, Ratso from Midnight Cowboy comes to mind.

>I don't buy meme crypto.
Then stay poor you stupid cuck

Depends on your definition of poor. I'm technically "poor" but I have enough money not to worry about my finances because I live within my means and only buy things I can pay for. I have my car paid off, I pay all my bills, my credit card just acts as a debit card so my credit is almost perfect.

>tfw can barely afford a 1 room apt working full time

>>tfw can barely afford a 1 room apt working full time

This is why I bought a house, rent for a 2 bedroom aptment in the city was the same as a mortgage payment for a 4 bedroom house just outside the city.. and its peaceful out here.

If you just saved 10k a year for the next 15 years and invested in the most basic shit possible, you'd prolly have around half a mil at 35.

My advice would be to avoid big risks until you've stacked a good amount. A small percent in a risky thing could be worth but never go all-in on a gamble. It's easy to waste a lot of money when you can make it up with a paycheck or two, but why risk it when you could be playing with more money than your yearly salary after a few years of safe investing.

Fuck it, have some fun. You can start at 33 and be rich by 35, if you start preparing around 28.

Yeah, I guess I could have "fun".

Only way out is cryptos

best advice ITT

youtube.com/watch?v=Vss_-yml4zA

He's a soulless chink insect. They all think this way.

The Sage never tries to store things up.
The more he does for others,
the more he has.
The more he gives to others,
the greater his abundance.
--Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching 81)

What good is it to spend your life
accumulating material things?
It isn't in keeping with the Tao.
What benefit in conforming your behavior
to someone's conventions?
It violates your nature
and dissipates your energy.

Why separate your spiritual life
and your practical life?
To an integral being,
there is no such distinction.

Live simply and virtuously,
true to your nature,
drawing no line
between what is spiritual
and what is not.

Ignore time.
Relinquish ideas and concepts.
Embrace the Oneness.
This is the Integral Way.
(Hua Hu Ching 50)

Do not race after riches,
Do not risk your life for success,
or you will let slip
the Heaven within you.
(Chuang Tzu 29)

Oh it's that guy that got his entire fortune pretty much handed out to him by the chinese government trying to shame people who aren't rich at 35