Let's talk about Monero

This coin was in the green today while everything else was red. And this is after doing like 600% in the past month.

How crash-proof is this coin? Would it survive BTC falling to sub-2k, or sub-1k?

Why the resilience? Is this because the coin has such a strong built-in use case (darknet shit)?

Other urls found in this thread:

peerlyst.com/posts/the-shadowbrokers-september-2017-announcement-says-exploits-being-sold-this-month-newswatcher
themerkle.com/blocksci-succesfully-traces-transactions-performed-with-dash-zcash-and-other-currencies/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is it even in use on any tor marketplaces yet?

last i heard they are using eth?

monero is based off cryptonote, a totally different protocol than bitcoin. it does stuff that bitcoin will never be able to do so it acts a good hedge.

last year monero was the first altcoin accepted on dnm

Bad coins do well in a down market :^)

>implying literally every coin other than Monero is bad

The threat of increased regulations has everyone cashing out into Monero.

If the powers and be turned around and decided to completely assfuck crypto to the best of their ability, Monero would survive.

It is the ultimate hedge against instability.

And honestly, when you think of what Bitcoin was at the start (fringe, anonymous, anti-establishment, FUDded for facilitating crime when really it was just a middle finger to the powers that be) that's what Monero is now.

Monero is Bitcoin. Finkle is Einhorn.

Monero appeals to those of wealth as it keeps your ledger private. Think about that for a crypto second.

Monero is somewhat of a safe haven during a market crash as it doesn't drop as bad as others.

its an all or nothing coin.

As long as it is safe, everyone will use it more and more, increasing value. When/if breached it will dump to negative satoshi.

Also possible that it flips to a competitor like ZCash when/if Monero gets FBI fud.

Zcash with built in backdoor for tracking

peerlyst.com/posts/the-shadowbrokers-september-2017-announcement-says-exploits-being-sold-this-month-newswatcher

>Monero lacks an encrypted memo field. (Monero has encrypted payment IDs but these aren't quite long enough to hold an e-mail.)
>Would require multiple communications
>Monero devs will fix

themerkle.com/blocksci-succesfully-traces-transactions-performed-with-dash-zcash-and-other-currencies/

All other privacy coins can be tracked.

Buy monero now

I missed monero today at $100 and decided I should wait until another dip instead of buying at $105 now it's already at $120

And it will be 150 tomorrow

I don't think it will dip until the actual hard fork. Buy now or wait till the weekend?

It will hit 1000 soon

man wtf i never pull the trigger on good ideas i've had for weeks and then i'll do some dumb shit like buy tenx at $4.50 on a whim