Is there any historical basis for this claim?

Is there any historical basis for this claim?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Cruikshank
youtu.be/rrBxZGWCdgs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colfax_massacre
aflcio.org/2016/11/5/know-your-rights-state-laws-employee-time-vote
aei.org/publication/us-gdp-per-capita-by-state-vs-european-countries-and-japan-korea-mexico-and-china-and-some-lessons-for-the-donald/
shrinkthatfootprint.com/how-big-is-a-house
archive.is/7Jnh5
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_night_special
oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/germany/
oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/united-states/
businessinsider.com/a-perfect-illustration-of-how-much-better-workers-have-it-in-germany-than-in-america-2012-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guns are used to protect people from those who would have power over them, yes. Don't know why she's using a mosin tho.

Reagan brought in gun control in California because the black panthers started arming themselves to protect themselves from police brutality. So its kind of true, but the "gun control is racist" bit is just /pol/ false flagging.

>Don't know why she's using a mosin tho.
Because it's a cheap full-powered rifle.

How can voter ID laws be racist, but gun control isnt?

>cheap
2007 called

The first gun control law was the National Firearms Act of 1938 who's purpose was to prevent people with criminal records from purchasing firearms.

Defending themselves by open carrying rifles in the Capitol building.

How old do you think that image is?

Irrelevant, and impossible to say

>let's prevent people with criminal records from purchasing firearms by banning barrel lengths over 16"!!!
Gtfo

>The first gun control law
First federal law. There were numerous local and state laws.

I picked up a fantastic quality Mosin and 80 rounds for about $120 about 3 years ago. I guess it depends on how redneck your state is.

Its true that most early black leaders circa emancipation thought an armed black populous was essential for maintaining their newly won rights

Dems are the real racists >:(

wh*tes deserve it

Voter ID laws are brought in to suppress minority voting, as these people are far less likely to have these forms of ID and it largely plays on a white fear of immigrants and non-citizens voting which the statistical evidence does not support, so it is seen as motivated by racism. Voter Id laws don't necessarily have to be racist, you really have to take into account the conditions and circumstances of the society.
Likewise gun control could be racist if there were racist motivations behind the movement.

Whites do this now. Who cares as long as no one gets hurt

Got mine for $200 two years ago. There's still plenty of Mosins in the US, huge amounts of surplus were imported and sold.

>these people are far less likely to have these forms of ID
tough shit, an ID is like $35. If you can't prove your identity you shouldn't be able to vote.

But the GOP have been found to purposefully choose forms of ID that minorities (non republican voters) have less of. Americas turnout and voter engagement is already horrendous, you really don't need to put more obstacles to voting. $35 for some poor cunt form the ghetto just to vote in an election, which due to the retarded fptp system and electoral college won't even matter.

They're averaging $300 now. I got mine in 06 for $80, sold it a month ago for $320. It's shit too, and I told the guy that, he still wanted it. Thought it was awesome, made me smile. Pretty sure it'll be a wallhanger or something he shoots once a year, but I'm glad the old girl is going to get some good rest.

Yes. Many Southern states still have pistol purchasing permits which were originally meant to keep blacks from buying anything that they could reliably carry away from home.

If the Jews in Germany had guns there would be no Holocaust.

there's is nothing wrong with open carrying rifles

Yeah, the '07 comment was mostly a joke, you could still get them relatively cheap about three years ago. Nowadays you'd be lucky to find one for $250 anywhere you go.

They're shitty rifles but beloved because of the price point. Since you can get basic bitch ARs and other milsurp for the same now, there's no reason to get one.

xDD

>people with criminal records
yup would definately be called racist today

I know we all forget that 99% of all of us fucks here are suburban kids and shit, but if you work 40+ hours a week (in several jobs) or just most lower working class jobs at full time, you're going to *statistically* give less of a crap when it comes to setting aside time for this unless super needed or necessary.

Job, second job, family if you're unlucky enough to have to support one, making sure your home/life/everything doesn't fall apart on a very shitty wage for a shitty work load, and you're looking at someone who is probably not going to vote, or, will come to the conclusion that it's not worth their time since their vote won't matter anyway, plus why bother putting aside a day or part of a day to do that when you can just make money or spend time with family?

Couple with the fact that the GOP has a very suspiscious way of closing DMVs in highly populated urban areas (was even brought up under investigation in a few southern states due to how blatant the racial targeting was) where there tends to be colored peeps, and you have a pretty shitty situation.

As an European, I find the whole idea of voter ID laws being even argued about to be ludicrous. Of course you have to be able to identify yourself before voting.

Hand em out for free. Boom. Problem solved.
Being too cheap to enforce voter ID is third world tier.

I don't know about you but i get the identification i need to vote for free, any "democracy" that prevents completely valid citizens from voting because they don't have 35$ spare is a shit democracy.

How do you not have $35 for an ID?

>black panthers started arming themselves to protect themselves from "police brutality"

>can't get to a government location to get an ID (see aforementioned closings in minority areas)
>can't get off work to wait at a dmv for hours
>can't afford an ID
>can't go vote during working hours
>no education to understand how the government works or even what your best interests are
Damn they need to bootstrap themselves up.

It should be really fucking simple. As the equifax breach shows the US needs a better ID system which could then easily be used for voting - except the prevailing political theory is to limit democratic participation.

yep

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Cruikshank

>>these people are far less likely to have these forms of ID
>tough shit, an ID is like $35.

I.D. is free if the person is on welfare, so the claim that Blacks are "disenfranchised" because they can't afford I.D. is bullshit.

>clap

This.

In commiefornia, just buying the Mosin itself is gonna clear 300$ after taxes, fees for the background checks and paying the gun store to hold it for you for 10 days if they're total kikes about it. Ammo for it is actually pretty hard to find and expensive here too (depending where in CA you are), in CenCal you'll have to really dig to find 7.62x54r and even when you do find some, it'll most likely be steel cased and therefore you won't be able to fire it in any ranges in CA.

Fortunately most counties in CenCal aren't assholes about mailing ammo to your house so you can buy some Winchester ammo in bulk you can shoot. I however didn't buy my Mosin in CA, I got it in Oregon and I was able to get the rifle, ammo, a sling, the bayonet and stripper clips all for 210$. No 80$ cheap like you may find in Idaho or Montana but still better than CA or New York.

Sorry if my /k/ommando autism is showing

>except the prevailing political theory is to limit democratic participation.

IT IS FUCKING 35 DOLLARS AND A 2 HOUR WAIT TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A PIECE OF PLASTIC THAT PEOPLE USE LITTERALLY EVERYWHERE. YOU WANT SOME FUCKING BOOZE OR CIGARETTES, YOU NEED AN ID. IF YOU WANT TO DRIVE YOU NEED AN ID. IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET A JOB OR ACCEPT A LEASE YOU ALREADY NEED AN ID. IF YOU CANNOT BE ENOUGH OF AN ADULT TO GO OUT AND GET A FUCKING ID FOR 35 DOLLARS TO BE LEGALLY ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL OF THESE VARIOUS THINGS THEN YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY TOO INCOMPETENT TO BE TRUSTED TO VOTE.

>can't get to a government location to get an ID (see aforementioned closings in minority areas)
Go before the eve of elections.

>can't get off work to wait at a dmv for hours
Go on a saturday.

>can't afford an ID
$35 nigga

>can't go vote during working hours
It's literally illegal to forbid your employees from taking a couple of hours to vote.

>no education to understand how the government works or even what your best interests are
Sounds exactly like the type of people who should be voting.

Not an excuse, 35 bucks isn't a lot even for low income folk, if you actually understand what you are doing and how much it matters or doesn't matter you will definitely set aside time and money for it. The reality is most Americans didn't gave a shit, and some young people only care now because it's turned into a team sport sorta thing where you can say “ha, screw you, we won this round'.

T. Below poverty line.

>>except the prevailing political theory is to limit democratic participation.

>talks about voter ID alone.

it's more than that.

I think the US should have elections more like other nations.

rather than single "election day", have an "election-week", or something, or have it on a national holiday with businesses required to give people (who otherwise would find themselves busy with work or whatever) enough time to vote.

furthermore federal standards for the distribution/density of polling places (per population, so for an area with X-# of people there needs to be a place to vote). And if there's Voter-ID's there needs to also be some kind of mandate for that so for any area with X # of people there needs to be Y # of places where they can get an ID)

I'm actually very surprised a country with 300 million people manages to be done with elections in less than a week.

I'd rather see america full of patriotic niggers than full of larping nazies

youtu.be/rrBxZGWCdgs

>not knowing LARPing nazis literally founded America

All the Founding Fathers blatantly imitated the early English and especially Scottish Enlightenment.

>Colfax massacre en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colfax_massacre

What the hell Louisiana,

America is already third world with open carrying like a goat herder in a Kabul market

Replace "klansmen" with "niggers" and "victims" with "other niggers"

that's like using those going up to random people and ask them question kinda of thing which aren't really Representative of people.

>To get most state-issued voter ID cards, people are still required to produce documents including birth certificates or social security cards, which can cost quite a bit to obtain if you don’t have these documents. Many elderly African Americans who were born in the Jim Crow South, when hospitals often refused black patients, don’t have these otherwise common forms. Add in the costs of traveling to a DMV office (if your community even has one) to get an ID card, and you suddenly might be paying more to vote than black people were charged under the Jim Crow-era poll tax system. That’s no good for people living on low income or fixed wages.

Think really hard because there's a big reason why they couldn't be literally LARPing nazis. It's a time thing.

>Go before eve of elections
the closest DMV to where I live is an hour and a half by foot. We don't have public transit.
>Go on a saturday
DMVs aren't open on saturdays, at least not in my state
>It's literally illegal to forbid your employees from taking a couple of hours to vote
no, no its not.

when i went to get my ss card from my birth city, which is one of the poorest and highest crime in the state, the dmv was full of blacks and mexicans

when i went to get my state id from the dmv in the city i live in, which is one of the richest in the state, it was full of blacks and mexicans

when i went to go get my drivers license outside of state capitol... blacks and mexicans

funnily enough ive seen that exact same excuse posted verbatim elsewhere, but what magical world do you live in where blacks dont have any IDs, something needed to buy alcohol/cigarettes, apply for welfare and get food stamps

it varies by state
aflcio.org/2016/11/5/know-your-rights-state-laws-employee-time-vote

Fuck that noise
>live in a rural area
>usually work at least 10 hours a day
>nearest DMV is 45 minutes away with shit hours

If I can do it anyone can, lazy cunts should be deported for not fulfilling their civic duty. If they aren't willing and enthusiastic about being an American deport them, even those born here. It's a privilege to be an American.

>It's a privilege to be an American
>works ten hours a day for less than what a European with more freedom and happiness does
lmao

>European with more freedom and happiness does

>europeans

>more money, freedom, or happyness

lol

when is that dmv open?

Test

Mississippi, the lowest per capita GDP state in the US, in 2014 had a per capita GDP of $34,784. This is higher than the per capita GDP of Italy, Spain, Greece, and Portugal.

Germany the highest per capita GDP country in Europe in 2014 was at $45,802. The United States as a whole was at $54,629. The state with the highest per captia GDP that year, North Dakota was at $72,719.

aei.org/publication/us-gdp-per-capita-by-state-vs-european-countries-and-japan-korea-mexico-and-china-and-some-lessons-for-the-donald/

The average new house size in Denmark, the largest new house size country in Europe is 137 square meters. The average new house size in the US is 201 square meters.

shrinkthatfootprint.com/how-big-is-a-house

>but what magical world do you live in where blacks dont have any IDs,
Haitian blacks without immigration papers.

>the closest DMV to where I live is an hour and a half by foot. We don't have public transit.
So if you really want to exercise your franchise rights, don't wait until the very last minute, find 3 hours in one of the days in the 2 years between major elections.

I used to walk more than that everyday, still gotta walk close to that a lot of times not even for anything important. Jesus Christ why are Americans so lazy?

>
>I don't know about you but i get the identification i need to vote for free, any "democracy" that prevents completely valid citizens from voting because they don't have 35$ spare is a shit democracy.
Any democracy that let's unverified citizens vote is an even worse democracy

How do you stop people from voting twice, and how do you stop non-citizens from voting?

>How do you stop people from voting twice

Gambia does it with marbles lol. Every registered voter gets marble and you vote with it.

DMVS widely vary in how long they are open.
Also certain DMV's were closed due ot budgets cuts so some people lost the closest one they could get.

The biggest issue that a lot of young people will have no place to get a driver's license or anything else from a DMV.like state ID

28 counties without a DMV.

based on that map it looks like there are only 2 counties without an operating dmv. Though there are other counties that have dmvs with restricted access. However, I don't know if the DMV is the only government facility to get a state ID in Mississippi.

Yep, the slave codes explicitly banned niggers from having firearms. And after slavery ended a lot of places had stricter restrictions and high taxes on guns to try and keep them from niggers. The Confederate Constitutoin's version of the 2nd amendment loses some of the commas from the original version so it reads more akin to how pro-gun control people today interpret the 2nd amendment, because they sure as hell didn't want niggers free or slave to have guns. The reason for the slight grammar change in that document was due to the shift in the English language from the time of the founding, the Confederate version was akin to the original intent of the US version.
archive.is/7Jnh5

That's Alabama

oh my mistake. Didn't even read the title

>GDP per capita
>not average money made by household
fucking retard. literally noone with a brain disputes that the average German or Dane makes more money and lives a better life standard than the average American. GDP is not an acceptable measurement of the average person's living standard
>more urbanized society
>smaller houses
ooohhh woooowww

First notable laws that were on hand guns were in the old south during the reconstruction era. A common on was to ban the possession of hand guns that were not in .36 or .44 caliber. Both were service calibers for the US armed forces at the time. Guns in those calibers costed about 2 1/2 times what it costed to get a cheap hand not in that caliber. The simple reason why guns in those calibers costed more then some others is that any firearms company making hand guns in those calibers did so in hopes of selling to either the Federal or State armed forces and thus need to make the product to a military grade.

The end effective is that prevented the poor from owning hand guns for the most part. Seeing as that the poorest people in the area were black freedmen you tell me if that is a racist end objective.

Many of the less talked about gun control laws in the US from the 1920s to the 1980s were aimed stopping the production or importation of cheap low end fire arms. For a little reading...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_night_special

>fucking retard. literally noone with a brain disputes that the average German or Dane makes more money and lives a better life standard than the average American

The average household net-adjusted disposable income per capita in the the US is $41,701 per year. In Germany it is $31,925 per year. Americans live better than Europeans, even the high income ones like Germans on average.

oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/germany/
oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/united-states/

A lot of this is because of the higher tax rates in Europe.

>yfw you actually learned something interesting that made you reassess your current perception of the world on Veeky Forums

>Americans live better than Europeans

ehhh not exactly.

In the sense that Bourgeois live better than Bohemians. Obviously there are different life trade offs to make. Put from a point of maximizing material wealth Americans live better than Europeans.

yes. the moment white democrats were able to vote and hold office again in the South. they passed some of the first gun control laws.

meanwhile in the north. union officers disgusted by yankee marksmanship. formed the NRA to make sure americans know how to shoot.

German standard of living is much higher.

businessinsider.com/a-perfect-illustration-of-how-much-better-workers-have-it-in-germany-than-in-america-2012-1

>German standard of living is much higher.
Hmm.. your article seems kind of light on data. I guess it suggests that because Germans are taxed more heavily their subsequent point of service cost for certain services are cheaper, but really that is just hiding the cost. It doesn't really have any definitive comparative data to suggest Germans have a higher standard of living. When as I noted in a few posts above Americans have higher average disposable income as well as larger home sizes. I didn't post earlier but Americans are also more likely to own a personal automobile. These are typically all associated with higher standards of living.

However as noted above this is comes with trade offs. For example Europeans typically have more days off a year than Americans which help explain why Americans have a higher average income.

ever been to a national park in america? full of german tourits.

meanwhile most americans don't even have a passport.

>be burgershart
>get massacred

If there were no gun control legislation in place and everyone was armed, that shooting never would have happened. You can thank Democrats for this.

white men can't fi-

Its actually under, and there was a part in it that banned violent feloms from owning guns, you just dont hear about it anymore as the gun control act of 1968 made it obselete.

Its actually under, and there was a part in it that banned violent felons from owning guns, you just dont hear about it anymore as the gun control act of 1968 made it obselete.

I don't know about happiness since that's not an objective category, but Europeans don't have more money or freedom than Americans. Unless you think Switzerland and Norway are the only European countries.

>gun control act of 1968
which is what? im interested

The high car ownship part can be explained by rual living and cities in America often are planed with cars in mind, and stict zoning regulations. Like in many areas businesses can't be build in residential areas so people have to drive to get to work and to shop

>What people call nadsis today == National Socialists
Lmaoing at ur life. But anyway, the Founders were like the National Socialists in many ways. They all hated kikes and they were interested in the preservation and propagation of their race.

yet many fucked negros.

In Mexico, you need a voter ID no matter who you are and everyone with a home or some stability has one. I mean people barely managing to survive through the months. I suppose it's cheaper than in the U.S., but no one here is shouting this sort of nonsense. It sounds a lot more that democrats want more votes rather than republicans are taking them.

No shit, pic related is from California, voter participation rates. These counties had more voters than voting-aged populations.

Democrats are turning this into muh racism because they'll lose "voters" and won't be able to bus people around either.

IT's not voter ID per say that's discriminatory but rather how it's implemented and the roundabout ways to get certain voting populace the shaft.

Which several states are pretty blatant about in obvious ways.

HAHAHAHAAHAAAAHAHAA.

Also it's not only California that has this.

Alabama: Choctaw, Conecuh, Greene, Hale, Lowndes, Macon, Marengo, Perry, Washington, Wilcox.

Florida: Clay, Flagler, Okaloosa, Osceola, Santa Rosa, St. Johns.

Georgia: Bryan, Columbia, DeKalb, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Lee, Marion, McIntosh, Oconee.

Illinois: Alexander, Bureau, Cass, Clark, Cook, Crawford, DuPage, Franklin, Grundy, Hardin, Henderson, Jefferson, Jersey, Massac, McHenry, Mercer, Monroe, Pulaski, Rock Island, Sangamon, Scott, Union, Wabash, Washington, White.

Iowa: Scott, Johnson.

Kentucky: Anderson, Bath, Boone, Breathitt, Caldwell, Carlisle, Cumberland, Fulton, Gallatin, Greenup, Hancock, Henry, Jefferson, Jessamine, Kenton, Livingston, Magoffin, McCracken, Menifee, Mercer, Monroe, Oldham, Powell, Russell, Scott, Spencer, Trigg, Trimble, Wolfe, Woodford.

Maryland: Montgomery.

New Jersey: Essex, Somerset.

New York: Nassau.

North Carolina: Buncombe, Camden, Chatham, Cherokee, Clay, Dare, Durham, Guilford, Madison, Mecklenburg, New Hanover, Orange, Union, Watauga, Yancey.

Tennessee: Williamson.

>Po-lice r gud bois, neva did nuffin!

I wasn't alive back then but if its anything like now, yes, the Po-lice are good boys and blacks are killing each other in the thousands but chimp out when the Po-lice shoots a black man (justifiable or not).

How long will black Americans ignore this and blame it on racism?