Why are progressives so threatened by spirituality?

Why are progressives so threatened by spirituality?

>trying to force a meme this hard

Because spirituality threatens class consciousness.

Progressivism depends on the poor viewing the material conditions of poverty as the central defining aspect of their lives, and consequently supporting political candidates that seek to redistribute economic resources from the rich to the poor.

If, on the other hand, the poor adhere to a philosophy in which the material is secondary to the spiritual, then progressives have a much harder time gaining support. This is particularly the case with reactionary spiritual movements like Evola's that directly support the validity of social castes. Which is incidentally why progressives don't mind new-age/hippie spirituality but vehemently opposed reactionary spirituality.

They aren't, they're obsessed with Asian shit like Zen and Buddhism

Because spirituality is as real as a pink unicorn.

>progressives don't mind new age/hippie spirituality
But I hate both. I guess I hate new age since it affects me more, but LSD being able to unlock the inner workings of your soul or some shit is equally as stupid.

Give physical, demonstrable, concrete, repeatable evidence or get out.

Religion is the opiate of the masses, and progressives want the masses to be angry and active, not happy and passive.

Good points but new age/western Buddhism does in fact promote detachment from material things, although in a really watered-down way

Self-knowledge is not something that requires experimental data to be valid. I can't point to, touch, taste, smell, feel, where I've changed as a person, but I have.

Because belief in the transcendental removes some of the power of temporal government, which is the basis of progressive social reform.

>goobers will still shill evola and his mystical mumbo-jumbo about magical nordic superheroes used to justify his hatred of christianity as something profound

Honestly will all of the right-wing intellectuals from history why does this guy get any attention?

Leftists can't understand rationalism and fall on the empiricist only sword everytime.

Evola has no problem with Christ, only the appropriation of his teachings by temporal powers and the emphasis on a devotional/submissive stance towards the divine. He frequently cites scripture.

Why should I believe that if something such as spirituality, qualia, etc. is currently physically inexplicable, it will never be?

Good luck explaining phenomenological properties as such physically m8.

That's such a bullshit cop out if you hold that stance do you also hold equality to be true? It is even objectively less true than something like magic.

Only by government mandated spirituality.

Progressives agree with every single religious person, if there is a religious government they cannot have religious freedom. Religious people just make an exception for their own religion.

>equality means everyone is of equal height

wat

So higher sentences for those who murder the tall? Equal sentences for this crime would only make sense if people were of equal height.

no it means not everyone is equal, and it's plain to see if you're not interested in protecting people's fee fees

Probably because they have an unhealthy obsession with Darwinism and think that literally all of societies ills can be solved just so long as we have the right science.

It isnt inherently opposed to God, you can believe in Christ and evolution at the same time, but I think they and other collectivist ideologies dislike strong religious belief because it gives room for ideological non conformity. "tolerance" is really code word for "nobody disagree too much"

Progressivism is ultimately dogmatic thought masquerading as objectivity.

So it's real?

How can someone misunderstanding egalitarianism this much

*misunderstand

Please enlighten me

Egalitarianism is itself based on an idealistic conception of a fundamental similarity between all people that is contrasted with potential realized differences
This is like basic Rousseau

The spirit undermines slave morality.
Back to plebbit
Because you aren't a merely physical being?
Fucking sperglord

An abstract equality predicated on being a member of set "humanity"

Sure

Then besides just treating any and whoever with basic respect it doesn't require I overlook fundamental typoogical differences between people which is pretty much what watered-down prob egalitarianism is, now does it

It requires you see realized differences as fundamentally insignificant

Which is silly given one is nothing but these features

When you go to heaven all you do is praise god eternally.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. - 1 Peter 5:6

Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Then all the people said "Amen" and "Praise the LORD." - 1 Chronicles 16:36

Its in the Bible that you need to bow down before the all knowing and all powerful God. How do you discount parts of the literal word of God?

That's based on axioms that you hold, which are different than the axioms that egalitarians hold

Sophist, I was initiated by my mystagogue.
I knew my mystagogue. My mystagogue was a friend of mine.
You sir, are no mystagogue.

Two people having a philosophical discussion generally don't have the same axioms. Your point?

My axiom is based on an idealistic, fundamental equality between beings insofar as they self-realize as spirited beings (where spirit is understood as something immanent to living systems and not supernatural)

>Your point?
That you're stating the obvious with respect to your axioms

How do you tell who is and isn't equal?

It's not based on physical attributes like height, then what? Your feelings?

Pretty sure mushmouth prog equality is as predicated on feelings as everything else

Spiritualism is literally based on emotions

Logically the next step in your argument would have been to dispute why someone is not just their given features but ok

So what makes the feelings that everyone is inferior to you better than the feelings that everyone is equal? You can't answer that you feel it's better.

Everything is a subjective orientation, true objectivity is death, please stop with these reddit arguments

Why would I? Im sure I won't convince you and I have other things to do with my time

Not an argument

Never said everyone's inferior to me, it's precisely because I've met people who are in a whole other league than me and had to accept my insignificance that I consider prog egalitarianism a denial-response

It's your time but if you're name dropping Rousseau you're already a few tiers above the average meme baby here so it's a discussion I'd like to have

That's still based on a feeling

No I'm pretty sure "subjective meaning is invalid if it isn't based on experimental evidence" is a valid argument given you haven't experimentally verified this claim

As if egalitarianism isn't based on the goofy, subjective feeling of an idealized, free humanity

Then you accept that you shouldn't have a vote or economic freedom. I mean, you won't use it responsibly, not compared to the people who are in another league from you.

Why should that feeling be goofier?

I don't give a fuck about any of this because i know i'm the indestructible Atma, which gives me a feeling of bliss and imperturbability.
>2010+7
>not achieving the heavenly planets

No, I am equal to the extent I recognize my spiritual inequality, as in, I could be a mess but if I know I'm a mess then I participate in that nobility of soul I see in certain others in my own measure

Why should a feeling based on the empirical reality of flesh-and-blood human beings in front of me be any goofier than one based on an abstract ideal you can't touch, see, or feel?

How can you be empiricist and spiritualist simultaneously

The spiritual is immanent to the empirical: I am a brain that knows it is a brain, ie I am not reducible to a description of merely physical properties/interactions, and yet without being some spiritual substance over and above these features

>mfw this shudra pleb thinks he is his brain, instead of the incorporeal and eternal Atman

Easily, it's called not being a physicalist retard.
Empiricism does NOT NOT NOT imply physicalism. Nor does it imply 'muh 5 cents'.

I fail to see how it follows that self consciousness implies the existence of spirituality instead of just being a result of processes

Familio, the Atman is precisely that physical systems produce something that is not explainable by them. "That which by the eye sees" - what is this but consciousness, the monad of self-presence that you are? What sees the visual data of your eyes is YOU

I literally just said the spiritual is not a spiritual substance over and above the physical but something the physical does that is irreducible to a simple description of physical processes

I mean, prove that

Uh, I'm a brain that knows it's a brain? The spiritual is just a name for the domain of meaning this opens up, THAT dead gunk can even have a concept of meaning in the first place, that there is consciousness, appearances, phenomenology in a thoroughly material universe

Then... people can all be equal if they understand that equality doesn't mean anything to do with physical attributes?

QED

MAGA

it doesn't have to do necessarily do with physical traits because it's a function of spiritual type that everyone has in them to cultivate given a reflexive awareness of where they stand, which is a function of the spiritual type itself, kinda like that mc escher drawing of the two hands drawing each other

but yeah you got it, not merely political, social, economic, racial, or biological equality, spiritual equality

>spiritualism

They lack a soul