Vikings

>vikings
>romans
>normans
>anglo-saxons
All influential european peoples and shit, to name a few.

>celts
What the FUCK did they ever do but get invaded by everybody else?

Convince me the celts were anything more than shit tier barbarians. I hate being Irish.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-aaUFbi6u4
archive.org/details/earlyirishmonast00grahuoft
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatia
youtu.be/31-9t2OK_4s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Irish being Celts is a meme so you can stop worrying.

>What the FUCK did they ever do but get invaded by everybody else?
Honestly speaking?- nothing much.

But they're still a part of Western history and should be respected more than shitskins at the very least.

If you need us to list your people's accomplishments so you can have a sense of self worth you're a pitiful excuse for a human being.

Imagine having NO pride in your ancestry, culture and history because your ancestry, culture and history gives you no reason to

They invented solid soap, chainmail, the helmets and sheilds Rome used, and make up atleast 80% of the genetics of almost every Frenchman, Spaniard, Briton, and Irishman (this means the important people of those countries are mainly Celts too).

Not to mention, the Anglo Saxons are 60% Celtic. Though the Germanic and Celtic people are very similar genetically.

Germanics have more in common with Balto-Slavics then they do Celtics, closest relation lingustically or culturally to Celtics are Italics.

nothing really. they got germanised and slavicized.

irish don't even speak irish anymore, that's how powerful celts truly were.

He literally specified that he was talking about genetics

>invades Anatolia

nothing personal, kid

not exactly irish but theres this

He drives an English car fitted with tyres invented by John Boyd Dunlop of Dreghorn, Scotland, arrives at the station and boards a train, the forerunner of which was a steam engine, invented by James Watt of Greenock, Scotland. He then pours himself a cup of coffee from a thermos flask, the latter invented by Dewar, a Scotsman from Kincardine-on-Forth.

At the office he receives the mail bearing adhesive stamps invented by James Chalmers of Dundee, Scotland.

During the day he uses the telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell, born in Edinburgh, Scotland.

At home in the evening his daughter pedals her bicycle invented by Kirkpatrick Macmillan, blacksmith of Dumfries, Scotland.

He watches the news on his television, an invention of John Logie Baird of Helensburgh, Scotland, and hears an item about the U.S. Navy, founded by John Paul Jones of Kirkbean, Scotland.

He has by now been reminded too much of Scotland and in desperation he picks up the Bible only to find that the first man mentioned in the good book is a Scot, King James VI, who authorised its translation.

Nowhere can an Englishman turn to escape the ingenuity of the Scots.

He could take to drink, but the Scots make the best in the world.

He could take a rifle and end it all but the breech-loading rifle was invented by Captain Patrick of Pitfours, Scotland.

If he escapes death, he might then find himself on an operating table injected with penicillin, which was discovered by Alexander Fleming of Darvel, Scotland, and given an anaesthetic, which was discovered by Sir James Young Simpson of Bathgate, Scotland.

Out of the anaesthetic, he would find no comfort in learning he was as safe as the Bank of England founded by William Paterson of Dumfries, Scotland.

I don't have to imagine it, I'm romanian.

>Irish
>celts

Many Irish have germanic blood or are germanic

All your people are huge LARPers

>spread to Anatolia*

Brainlet

Their very existence was extremely influential on the politics of the Roman Republic.

there is also this

youtube.com/watch?v=s-aaUFbi6u4

regarding ireland its monasteries were one of the major centers of learning in europe during the so called "dark ages"

at this point one has to wonder if you are just a troll
how exactly are
>Many Irish have germanic blood or are germanic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatia

What is germanic invasion?
Romans described celtic people as being swarthy with dark hair and eyes

Celtic in Ireland couldnt be different

>pic
nice book by the way

But pride is a sin.

>What the FUCK did they ever do but get invaded by everybody else?
You got that backwards mate.

They should be treated better because they have a lighter skin colour

Imagine taking credit of your ancestors to put yourself above others.
A lot of Irish are probably a lot more accomplished than you.

again one has to wonder if you are trolling

>What is germanic invasion?
...which one... of where? germanic invasion of ireland? unless you are referring to the normans there was none
you know ireland is an island right

>Romans described celtic people as being swarthy with dark hair and eyes
they described some tribes, specifically ones in iberia as such, others they described as light haired and light eyed

some of the tribes in iberia were thought to have migrated to ireland, and that is where pic related is thought to have gotten his looks from

literally every other group does this, but when irish do it it is suddenly such a bad thing?

>WE
nope half of those or more were British, plasticskirts really need to stay in their containment board

What about Vlad?

>apart from the Normans there were none
Danes still come under Germanic you knob

People here are complete brainlets. The proto-Celtic people were in general fair in skin and light in eye/hair colour. When they migrated to Britain they massacred the Early European Farming communities that were somewhat developed and made them regress significantly. The builders of Stonehenge are very small contributors to the modern Briton's genetic make up.

The original Neolithic populations were replaced by pre-Celtic Beakers, and the Celtic language and culture spread to the British Isles later.

uhhh.... scots are british?

i thought scandinavians were different from germanics, but okay sure
the danes were defeated, driven out, and what small remnant remained assimilated

or did this small settler population that had just been destroyed somehow manage to so alter ireland's genetics that they all became germanics?

you shouldn't call people brainlets when you can't apparently read... nobody mentioned stonehenge and don't all genetic studies show that the british remained largely unaffected by all subsequent migration waves?

this thread is so shit

Well, the Irish mostly, I guess

I want to see genetic studies that don't come from English researchers showing that 2/3rds of ethnic native English people are Celtic.

Just like the celts

created chainmail

>i thought scandinavians were different from germanics
i wonder if you are trolling

nordic are a group of germanics

>Race is only skin color

Right guys?

>vikings
Like what?
Only significance I believe they have is that they inspired English law very heavily.

They did nigger tier raiding in the West but they did a lot of good stuff in the East. From the establishment of the Kievan-Muscovite duchies to the reestablishment of trade routes that connected all the way to china.

> some of the tribes in iberia were thought to have migrated to ireland, and that is where pic related is thought to have gotten his looks from
Actually, native inhabitants of the british isles look like that. Fair features come from the continent, with indoeuropean invasions

Oh boy another thread about the merits of a culture turned into A "HURR DURR WHO'S WHITER" shit show.

But that is a merit in and of itself

>Hate being irish
Eat shit you cunt we aren't barbarian celts anymore you dingus. All mentioned above besides Romans were shit tier barbarians, just fucking barbarians mate

anglos are cuck ruled by women

no wonder that pakis are conquering their country

>Boudicca
>English ruler

nice try

Ah yes we're now cultureless pseudo-brits instead, that's nice.
>just barbarians
Who had an infinitely greater impact on the world than the celts ever had really, Scots went on to be great but only because the Brits got to them, Ireland is the buttmonkey of western europe

agg

>vikings
shit tier savages
>romans
agreed
>normans
they were french, not germanic
>anglo-saxons
ironically englishman are only 37% Anglo Saxon, the rest is native Briton and West European (Belgian/French)

Britons were sardinians in disguise

how are celts less influential than vikings?

plus hey, you got Conan the barbarian, he's supposed to be from a Celt-like race and culture

We rekt some kebab at some point my fellow, that's gotta count for a little bit, at least
Stev-o represent!

Are you sure but I could've sworn the inspirations for Conan were from Germanic and Hunnic raiders and barbarians.

Except germans only had pointy sticks and clubs instead of swords

yeah ive been reading about this, the germanics are the fair skinned and haired vanir and aesir, conans boys are celts(even the name conan is a celtic name)

though culturally they're usually really depicted as just random savage barbarians, not any particular human culture

You may find this map interesting, but assimilation definitely happened.

>I want non English people to research English people.
Now your just being a picky cunt.

>vikings
>shit tier savages
But they're remembered and revered. People are fascinated by them.

Well they turned into a lot of those people. The Romans, Normans and Anglo-Saxons are actually just larping Celts

> we
you didn't invent anything
those individuals did

Celts invented chainmail which was used in entire Europe, Middle East and China, also their swords influenced Romans which in turn inluenced rest of Europe.

yeah, Howard even said he is supposed to be a not- Celt

The oldest surviving English prose literature is Celtic
non-celts on suicide watch

>From the establishment of the Kievan-Muscovite duchies
helping ruskies is not a good thing at all

God, I love being Scottish

Doi! Scots arent British. Me no think so good.

well, irish is a celtic language and the only reasonable definition of "celts" is linguistic. since most irish people today are unable to speak irish though, i suppose you're right in a way.

Germanics had axes, scramasaxs (tiny swords), and angons(pike)

Long swords are celts

Welsh still call themselves Cymraeg(Cimmerians) btw

normans were vikings assimilated into french culture. the word "norman" derives from something akin to "north-men"

So are the mongols. People can romanticize the vikings all they want but, just like the mongols, they were a bunch of wild barbarians going around raping and pillaging.

Let's see :
>They conquered your country(Galatians)
>They bastardized your language(Galatians)
>They are still your nobility(Gaels, Scotts, Galatians)
>They are currently outbreeding you(Gaels)
>Your country is named after them(Brytons)

You are the punching-ball of the Celtic man

We don't have to do anything for anybody you retard, who cares about contributing to some faggot frogs or other assorted continentals ideas of a civilization.
All this faggot talk about "contributing" is /pol/ shite when we should be concerned about being comfy cozy with Veeky Forums shite.

i never said i did you autist op was asking what have celtic people done so i posted something i had seen before

>shite
Buttmad celt detected

viking, romans, whatever. They all don't mean shit. The real founders of western civilisation were the Indians, the true Aryans. You're welcome.

Did some fun shit with Christanity

>gods damnit, you fucking Celt! Put some pants on!

Most people who lived in non-Irish territory were still native Irish.

>literally refer to the English as "Huns"
>lol what Germanic invasion?

they weren't viking after a generation, and they eventually became french both culturally and mostly genetically

stop we wuzzing varg

to

You're a French colony that went wrong just like Belgium

I read this and it was interesting. The celts had pretty sophisticated institutions and technology, but they were decentralized politically into loose confederations rather than strong states like Rome

when did i ever
>literally refer to the English as "Huns"
you autist

They made beautiful art and jewellry.

They conquered much of Europe including sacking the city of Rome, which actually lead to Rome getting their act together (unfortunate for the Celts in the end but still highly influential).

Their culture stretched from Ireland in the West to Anatolia in the East.

They continue to inspire the imagination in art and culture and their languages survive today. Which can't be said of many ancient cultures.

Also if you count dark age Ireland as a continuation of surviving celtic culture they had alot of academic achievements as well

Examples pls

>saying dark age

why are you here

all of ceasars booty

youtu.be/31-9t2OK_4s

i'm not english, don't know where you got that idea

you're literally agreeing with me. i have no strong feelings about vikings either way nor any relation to them.

Nigger we do this for everything. Swedish, German, French, American, Russian, Austrian, etc..geneticists and researchers doing mDNA and autosomal or yDNA verification as independent sources are always the least biased in these sort of things.

Dont forget pants.

t.Roman