Why is this guy considered so important?

Why is this guy considered so important?

I can't stand him, or any continental for that matter. They talk about feelings... how is that supposed to matter to me? That shit is private, subjective, and uninteresting except for when drunk or dying.

He's an important figure because he's one of the most influential writers in modern western civilization. Even if his philosophical contributions like course of history and the arrival of 'The Ubermensch" aren't exactly taken seriously in contemporary philosophy, his works still left an indelible mark on modern culture.

because he has a gun and doesn't have any slave morality

Discussed a lot of interesting and (at the time) unique concepts and had fantastic prose despite being near barking mad his entire life.

I'm drunk rn and it's uninteresting

Bigger question is how did he get a 1911?

autism speaks

He has a gun

Made a good diagnoses of the post-enlightenment western society, about how we can no longer base our values on Christianity ('God is dead and we killed him') and have to come up with something new.

Wrote a bunch of very incoherent suggestions on what the alternative of Christian morality should be. It's all very obscure and people are still debating what he meant by it.

Wrote some edgy quotes that angsty teens like to quote.

Hitler was a big fan of his.

The wicked stache

this

All major philosophical, political, and art developments since he was alive have been influenced by what he wrote, either as a direct evolutionary consequence of or in negative reaction to it.

>They talk about feelings... how is that supposed to matter to me? That shit is private, subjective

>They talk about feelings.
Don'y get all your knowledge from memes. But anyway: Feelings (emotions) are important to observe and study, otherwise you are left an unconscious man-child.

>how is that supposed to matter to me?
Unless you are a psychopath, you experience emotions, thus learning about them from the experience and deductions of others and by your own means, is very much in your interest.

>That shit is private
Clearly not the case. Most of our behavior is determined by emotional reactions, which in tern effect the way we behave, and subsequently, how we effect other people and the world around us.

>subjective
Yes, and?

This

I'm dying rn and it's uninteresting

unironically this
he was a very positive guy
same goes for Stirner
they weren't some edgy nihilistic mysanthropes like popular meme goes

/thread

>and have to come up with something new.
It's already there. Westerners still didn't realize it yet

this

nibba look at that intense, steely look on his face the fuck you asking why is he considered so important