What degree does Veeky Forums recommend?

What degree does Veeky Forums recommend?

Finance > Commerce > Economics

OR

Physics > Engineering > Computer science

fahrenheit

It's actually built around what's comfortable or not. That's what average people are talking about most of the time they talk about temperature. Celsius being pegged to water's state changes is less useful outside of a laboratory.

>economics
You joking right? Wikipedia level degree.

Economics is the master race degree read a book broke bitch

It's a third tier option man what are your recommendations?

Don't go to university, work an entry level job, then start a business. To be nice I'll say applied math, emphasis in finance.

Math, $300k starting pay

Proper Programmer(u can code) > proper engineer > finance > bullshit programmer (u can "code" in languages u were taught in school) > economix

Chemistry ==> graduate ==> work at your friend's hedge fund making $200k/year

I was actually thinking of taking programming so I could learn to code and make my own crypto trading bot. That sound like a good idea?

One of the hardest projects you could do. You'll give up anyway so I wouldn't bother.

Engineering > Info Systems > Everything else

A degree in something that there is a need for and you won't hate doing in 15 years.
t. psychology student who plans to practice in a rural area. Sure, the money isn't the best, but there is hardly any competition, which means a wealth of clients and I can stay in the comfy sticks.

I did CompSci, now I get paid to sit in front of my PC monitoring my cryptos.

philosophy, especially philosophy of mind and philosophy of religion

60°F at night helps me sleep good. any higher than that i don't sleep well

Are you in grad school?

Am studying Electronic Engineering with Computing in the Uk atm. Already seen a lot of opportunities, companies are willing to sponsor the better students, but many don't apply for these positions. I've heard that the sort of group project work we do is also sought after by banks. Banks seem like maths, physics and engineering - decent alternative if you go with one of those and don't like your degree.

22 degrees. perfect for trading crypto in your boxers

Yes.

>not kelvins

Sorry, switched ips

Double major computer science and finance up to masters, no need for PhD unless you have a deep passion for education and learning.

I'm doing physics personally, seems like a good option. I didn't like how limited/specific engineering was.

dont go to uni for the sake of going to uni

academic degrees are basically useless in this day and age. just look at all the human studies and gender studies academic degrees. worthless!

instead follow all the best entrepreneurs on twitter and reddit, and then learn how to daytrade with cryptocoin.

when everything peaked a few weeks back, i managed to earn upwards $500K. and that was just one wave. you can literally earn millions if you do it right

BA

Can confirm, made that mistake my first run. Don't go without a good idea of what you want to do or you may end up wasting a lot of money. Work for a while if you don't know yet. Do some learning on your own in the field of study you might want to do.

If everyone just sat around and traded meme coins all day the world would stop functioning. Some people like to actually do something meaningful.

I have double degree in (pure) maths and CS...

> CS: useless, better work on things practically and read up on theory from time to time
> math: useful, builds a dialectical frame (that is not absolute)

Studying business laws right now, the motivation is just to position better towards legal risks, and understanding accounting/tax stuff. State quotas are high in the west...

Most important things I have learned was actually doing stuff and reading books from contrarian thinkers.

Same as this guy

underrated post

This. I only did it because I got a free-ride.
t. Semi-Trust-Fund baby that was conditional on me getting an 'education'

Being forced at 17-19 to choose your career path is the fucking worst societal rite of passage there is in the western world. I'm not saying some people don't make the right choice, but almost everyone under the age of 30 is fucking stupid.

What is meaningful?

I'm trying to get in to law school. One of the only jobs robots can't take over and good pay.

How can under 30-year-old stop being "fucking stupid"? Is there a guide?

>One of the only jobs robots can't take over
Good advice. Don't do something that can be automated easily.

i left school and become a blockchain asset manager without a degree

Not really. Your brain is still developing until your late 20s.

cerebrolysin works i heard i havent tried but somenootropics can bring you back to when you were younger and learning wasnt as hard as it is as you get old

Aka NEET

pfft, Wendy's chefs make that much plus a cushy 70k bonus at the end of the year.

I dunno, if I had of figured it out I would live by it.
I think it's about having as many experiences as you can and trying to understand as many different social subgroups as possible: people always fall into the same patterns. Try and understand the behaviors and upbringings of all of them, and understand which one you fit into.

Then you might be able to pick a degree which meshes well with your personality/will earn you money without emotionally killing you.

I'm not going to debate philosophy with you.

I wouldn't be so sure. High end jobs sure, but a lot of the entry level law jobs will become automated over the next decade creating a lot of competition for the middle/higher level jobs.

Beyond underrated

the one you love :^) thank you frend

I almost have my associates in Computer Information Systems am I fucked Veeky Forums

Arts and Literature of course.

Gender studies, Art History or Philosophy if you want to make the big bucks user. If you don't make a fortune then it's because you're oppressed; it wouldn't have mattered what you'd studied.

Gender studies.

bEAT ME TO IT.

Most degrees are useless except for an excuse to get "student" jobs or summer jobs. Like if you study compsci you'll need to do a bunch of programming on your own and get dev jobs. And that's one of the useful ones.

oh and networking. If you pick a dumb degree like you'll need to socially suck lots of dicks to get anywhere. And work.

Employers value work experience or "friendships" way way way way way way way more than the college degree, which is just something boomers invented to make us work harder than they had to.

yeah and I know boomers didnt invent college degree, but they are the ones who made it a "must-have" thing.

Underated post

I disagree. Celsius is the best, anything above 0 is warm, and anything below 0 is cold. You know how many degrees of warm or cold it is instantly, without having to do any maths.