You have been condemned to fight in the Colosseum. What gear do you choose?

You have been condemned to fight in the Colosseum. What gear do you choose?

pic related

sword and shield seem most reliable. If you miss with the net you are pretty much fucked.

lance, chariot, destriders, helmet, shield

Those romans will regret taking me from africa.

Indeed, you will die too fast to entertain them.

No weapons, senpai

that dog will eat u

>Thraex and Murmillo are just reskins of Provocator and Secutor

I paid 9 denarii for this?? I wager the Judeans are to blame.

My Gundamu

>DLC unlockable class

Murmillo master race.

It was the same shit than the previous games. Just wait for the complete edition.

I'm going to literally falx and nets.

Who would choose the knife when they ca choose the spear?

>He doesnt look at the stats
>He doesnt know thraex has parachute pants bonus and CVRVED SICA

Get rekt scrub

Also
>Paying for free games

Retiarius was really out there compared to the rest

A katana.

>condemned
>getting to choose weapons

Yeah I mean if I got to choose I'd just choose poison and drink it.

the best one

M1 Abram.

Nothing above the ankles. Gonna keep up that marathon until the emprah grows tired of my shit

nigga there is literally a penis on that.

I get to choose? a pick up truck and a machine gun.

bring it on, motherfucker!

Sword no shield
>Tame the lion
>Ride the lion
>Behead tridentcucks
>Spare swordsman if caesar pleaseth

The colour green

Who /domina/ here?

ALL OF IT??

At least watching the emperator larping as hercules is still funny

Dat trident tho

>The secutor was specially trained to fight a retiarius, a type of lightly armoured gladiator armed with a trident and net. This matchup was particularly popular, as it pitted the secutor's heavy armor against the lightweight retiarius. On account of his heavy armor, a secutor was prone to exhaustion during longer matches, thus he relied on quickly concluding the battle to gain victory.

Hmmmmmmm, but Veeky Forums keeps telling me that armor being heavy is a revisionist meme?

It doesn't matter because depending on time period fights to the death were outlawed

Me on the left

>be romans
>deliberately make a guy wear heavy armour for spectacle
>one guy can't see armour for military use isn't the same as armour designed to slow a guy down deliberately

Current state of this board.

Langxian

More like Retardius am I right fellas?

We're gladiators basically the pro wrestlers of their day and for the most part people didn't die because trainers and investors put too much into a gladiator to see him get killed?

weren't*

I go with Secutor. Seems the best one, both Flamma and even emperor Commodus thought it was good and overpowered

Its true, but those were the very good and famous, major league ones. Plenty of schmucks were bought for cheap or had a death sentence on them and were made to fight, and while the goal wasn't to outright kill, they still ended up dying often since lack of experience + less than stellar/no medics on the amateur leagues + swinging sharp objects all day doesnt make for a long career.

If you were genuinely good you'd get famous enough to make it big, get bought by a good handler and end in the line up of a big gladiator house, if not, you'd keep fighting at trash-tier local tourneys and eventually make a slip, get a wound no budget surgeon can fix, and that's good bye. That is, if you dont get bought to be slaughtered as an apptizer by someone so much better you never had a chance at lavish, no holds barred super event.

I'm sure you know exactly what it was like to be an entertainer 2,000 years ago in ancient Rome

I chose something that will look flashy and good and fit with my body-type.

I'll chose to act like a belligerant ass in the hopes of entertaining the crowd.

keep in mind gladiator v. gladiator fights were basically WWE and typically staged.

I think its interesting that the chariot races were always far more popular than the gladiatorial games in ancient rome, but much less attention is paid to them today.

Well, Satan, a Glock

I do actually. Perks of being a time traveler.

>and while the goal wasn't to outright kill, they still ended up dying often since lack of experience + less than stellar/no medics on the amateur leagues + swinging sharp objects all day doesnt make for a long career.

In fairness the number of wrestlers who either died or received career-ending injuries is a list a mile long, so it still fits.

Probably because we still have that today. See ing people fight each other with deadly weapons for entertainment is not something we have.

Not realising it was basically football

t. Plebs

What the FVCK did you just FVCKING say about me, you little catamite? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in LEGIO IV and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Parthia and I have over CCC confirmed kills. I am trained in Gallic skirmishing and I'm the praefectus of the entire evocatorum collegia. You are nothing to be but just another qvintain. I will delende you the FVCK out with precision the likes of which have never been seen before on Mare Nostra, mark my FVCKING words. You think you can get away with graffiting that shit to me in the forvm aethervm? Think again, FVCKER. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of haruspex across Italia and your tessera is being traced right now so you better prepare for IVPITER'S FVRY, maggot. The FVRY that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're FVCKING dead, pleb. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can crvcify you in over DCC different ways. Not only am I extensively trained in pankration, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Praetorian Guard and I will use it to its full extant to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the penninsula, you little shit. If only you could have known what sacrilegious retribution your little "clever" oration was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have kept your FVCKING decorvm. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fvry all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead kiddo.

a hand full of scopolamine

some gun and the right ammo for it i guess

how was anyone supposed to defeat him? He has huge armor advantage

thats what that epic Cracked article said right?

No. Gladiators were taught how to deal with death, their graves show battle wounds and the murals showing gladiators always have a distinct symbol above the ones who died.

>1v1 fights are the same as mass battles

Kek

>a FVCKING whip!

It's the reach of the trident that's the real advantage here, without that the reitarious couldn't leverage his stamina advantage.

Is this actually real? Everybody else has to fight partially naked and this guy gets full body armor? WTF.

They are balanced, whoah.

boomerang mate. get that cunt upside the head

AK-47

This is the guy you kill in the locker room

wet turkey carcass

>Gee gaius! two swords.

* flood the coliseum *

>arrows

This seems like it could get out of hand

Well, the archers or sagittarius were paid well to appear in the arena. They had to be trusted as spectators would have been in danger of being killed.

Yeah but they'd be on hot sand by noon and everyone could just run around the poor fuck who can't see shit nor scratch his balls.

Topkek, laughed for about a solid minute.

any good gladiator games? bonus if they include being whored out to wealthy roman MILFs

Are helmets worthwhile in a one on one melee duel? It seems you'd always have enough agility to avoid a strike to the head, and the helmet would restrict your visibility and motion.

what a retarded thing to say I bet you're an american. You should propably hang yourself.

Big shield and a short sword

sword and horse

Head injuries are the number 1 cause of death in war, and I don't see any reason why it would any different for a 1 vs. 1 fight.

None that aren't crazy unrealistic or just bad. I wish someone made a good M&B mod