Reality is a void haunted by its own impossibility

>reality is a void haunted by its own impossibility

marrone this guy. Anyone here actually read zizek?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kss0Wbc6hCA
youtube.com/watch?v=XEnkDEgALGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literal gibberish. Reality is by definition not impossible, it is the farthest things from impossible, the polar opposite. Of course what would you expect from Mr *Sniff* Marxism

Of course reality is impossible for him, he is a Marxist

Jaden Smith tier.

plebs

>reality isn't reals because marxism is impossible

does he not realize that if gommunism happened he would be slaughtered?

He was raised and educated in a communist country.

What is his political opinion? I've watched a few talks with him but he always talk around the subject in long digressions and with such ambiguity that it's hard to narrow down.

And what the fuck is up with his chronic flu?

>Calls himself a commie
>Was a dissident against commies
>Run for president as a liberal

He's more of an observer rather than a player.

idk he seems enough like burgerese for modern commies to kill him.

Can you be more explicit in what are you trying to convey? What are "modern commies"?

antifa blm whatever far left types

Isn't it Maddone, not marrone

I don't think these are relevant or commies.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kss0Wbc6hCA

Went through a big thing with Zizek these last few months and read his entire works (that're in english, anyway). He's very, very fucking interesting and his videos/movies do not do his thought justice. Made me want to read Hegel. I read the entire basic works of freud beforehand and I need to try Lacan.

>rejects historicism, says the marxist tendency for 'hurr durr history will inevitably become commie hurr durr you'll see you damn capitalist jocks' is the communist Big Other and is bullshit
>thinks identity politics that infects the left is all fucking narcissism
>HATES neoliberalism
>thinks the left's obsession with migrants is bullshit, thinks opening the borders is ridiculous
>defends 'totalitarian values,' thinks the entire obsession with sex/trivial relationships is something that comes from neoliberalist shitty capitalism, defends love and long-lasting reltionships/marriage
>defends violence as inevitable and sometimes necessary
>btfo of Noam Chomsky numerous times
>Thinks the entire tragectory of the modern left is all minor victories that are amenable to the interests of the global elite
>>youtube.com/watch?v=XEnkDEgALGI
>is fucking funny, not afraid to tell jokes
>thinks racism is overcome by people making rascist jokes to each other

Seriously, read his shit. My main issue is that he repeats examples in his books as he tries to explain his entire view everytime in reference to whatever shit has happened, but he's very fucking interesting. I don't agree with him entirely (I'm far more nationalistic) but yeah, him and Evola are truly outside of the box interesting dudes.

>thinks the left's obsession with migrants is bullshit, thinks opening the borders is ridiculous

He's for immigration actually, just without being pretensious naivity. IIRC he said something like "Immigrants are not like us, they are different. We should accept them as different and do not pretend they are like us."

Yes - by obsession I suppose I mean the self-flaggellation etc. He's a bit too supportive of them for my tastes, however.

Good shit user, I've read a ton of his stuff and find him fascinating af. Legit my only gripes with him is there's so many truth bombs I can't remember them all.

Some of the recent ones:

>The God in Christ was nothing but the gap between his material wretchedness and his virtual qualities
>Mechanism in society must not be rejected but perfected
>The true horror is immortality
>Only by the subject's experience of not just his own nothingness but transposing even that nothingness onto the big Other/reality itself can he reconcile himself to his finitude
>Hegelian reconciliation not as some new age-y synthesis of opposites but a making-due with the problem itself, the accepting of the problem's insurpassibility as the solution itself

You sound like me when I was 15 years old.

>I read the entire basic works of freud beforehand and I need to try Lacan.
Do you actually take them seriously? I did when I was 16

What a shitty board

> I read the entire basic works of freud
I see you've yet to realize your mistake

I don't like how zizek dismisses Jung's work as "obscurantism" when, with a little work, it leads right to the same conclusions about the self, subjectivity, reality, etc. as Lacan/Hegel. Idk maybe I'm giving one or the other too much credit, but Jung is fantastic tho

It's kind of ironic that Zizek calls Jung obscurantist because Zizek certainly isn't the most accessible thinker in the world.

>Anyone here actually read zizek?
Yes, cause listening to him sniff snot and stutter barely registers any information.

once he clicks he's extremely readable, less than nothing breezed by

When was that, yesterday?

I've been dismissing him as a nonsensical retard, maybe I'll read his stuff *sniff*

I didn't really have a huge trouble understanding Zizek, but he was certainly less accessible than Jung.

He's for actual migration. You know actual movement of ideas and thoughts and people that would contribute to society. Not the lefts importation of economic burdens and zealous terrorist.

Does this guy have any works that aren't depressing?

jung is pretty optimistic, shadow work is no joke though

the more I read zizek the more i'm convinced he probably has one of the thoroughly darkest philosophies out there, fuck

Which ones do you think are depressing? He came off to me as the opposite of depressing.

eh, he talks in a manner designed to provoke argument. He really likes provoking people and asking people to think.

wow user, you're so mature.. you must get all the bitches.

S-sorry user no bully pls

Soul Search
Psychology and religion
And his other works that deal with the human metaphysics.

Well i am also from a christfag family, and his works kinda broke down a lot of long standing mental pillars.

>Well i am also from a christfag family, and his works kinda broke down a lot of long standing mental pillars.
Oh well I don't know much about that. I was from a spiritually apathetic parents and I felt Jung did a good job of explaining spiritual people's mental pillars.

Not ashamed to say Zizek's changed my life for the better

Shocked how practical Hegel and Lacan are when they click