Lives in the year 2017

>lives in the year 2017
>is religious

I, too, remember being in high school.

I stopped reading when those two questions came up.

1. (a) Because life is not supposed to be some walk in the park or some easy little first person video game. (b) Because of free will.
2. God is eternal you dumb fuck. Can you imagine being so stupid as to wonder who made something that's eternal?

Gave you two answers to (1) because I don't know your stance on determinism.

[spoiler](I didn't make this comic)[/spoiler]

i guarantee the person who made this is on the spectrum
note the anime, zelda, and nostalgic video game sprites; also the focus on science, and lack of emotional empathy
>you are an idiot and i hate you because you aren't le enlightened

>i guarantee the person who made this is on the spectrum
you can tell by the fact that he's an atheist

fedora! fedora! fedooraaaaaa!

Why are atheists so pissed off if they only believe in the existence of the material universe?

>The idea that a being with immense power exists, but never tampers with the world in a noticeable way is an absurdly childish hypothetical scenario
Why? There's nothing absurd at all about the notion of building a self-sufficient system.

>Why are atheists so pissed off if they only believe in the existence of the material universe?
because they're the same as nihilists - one papercut away from being a naive optimist

but NO you don't understand if there's an all-powerful, infinite, omnipotent being he would obviously care and stop everything to do things for ME since I'm obviously so important

but since that doesn't happen god doesn't exist

QED

In most established religious texts gods interact with the mortal plane.

>Why is there evil?
Because God's job is not to make a utopia for all of humanity, even if your moral views indicate that God should do such

>Who made god?
God is beyond the realm of time and space

>Why should I trust you after that santa claus thing?
This is about as reasonable as saying "why should I trust modern medicine after getting a bad side effect from a flu shot?"

But that has no bearing on the possibility of the deistic conception of God.

Man, i am a actual aspie atheist but even so i feel quite the pity for that guy. He literally threw a normie hate tismo tantrum on comic format. The amount of work motherfucker had to do indicates he's been through some bad shit (at least at the comics production time)

I haven't seen this comic in years.

Thanks for reminding me it existed.

But yeah, religion is probably an intrinsic part of human culture and psychology, and probably tens or hundreds of thousands of years old.

It is also probably the more healthy option than atheism, both for a society, and for an individual.

t. Atheist

1. What purpose/goal would God have in making our lives hard?
2. Prove God exists and is eternal.

I couldnt finish it, holy shit the cringe

1. (a) I don't pretend to know God's intentions for certain. (b) But our lives are only hard because we are within the cycle of Karma. We do bad things, bad things are done to us, either in this life or the next.
2. How was this material and finite universe created? Must be by an immaterial & eternal source i.e. God. Stop thinking of God as strictly a man in the sky. He is much more than that.

>being this new

For your information I have been on Veeky Forums for 3 over years now

For your information that picture has been floating around /b/ in 2008 already.