Veeky Forums has ruined my life

Veeky Forums has ruined my life.

Before I say all this I just want you to know: I'm not stupid. I've always gotten good grades and have excelled in everything I do. I used to be one of the best pianists in my state. I got A's all through high school and got into the college of my dreams.

About a year ago I was in my third year of college, on track to graduate, with a 3.8 GPA. This is at a very prestigious school, too. As you can imagine, my resume is pretty impressive, so I easily landed a high-paying internship at a prestigious investment bank last fall.

For the first time in my life I had spare income. I had been browsing Veeky Forums for a while at that point, and ended up over here in Veeky Forums.

For all my success in life I've never been successful with woman. It's not that I'm ugly, I'm just shy and was never in good shape. I vowed to change that. I had access to a really nice gym at my internship. I went all out for 4 months. I got in really good shape, but whenever I'd look in the mirror, I'd still see the same scrawny me. I wanted to take things to the next level, so I started looking into buying steroids. I know the risks, please don't preach at me. I figured I'd buy these through the internet, using bitcoin. This is how I first got into crypto. I started to get seriously into it by Christmas that year, and even got in on ETH pretty early on.

Things were looking up. My supervisor really liked me and kept me on as an intern for the spring, even mentioned a job offer. If I could edge out my peers I'd be set for life. I just needed to find a way to get myself that edge.

What comes next sounds irrational. In retrospect I know it's the moment that set a long chain of events in motion, events which would ruin me financially, mentally, and physically. In my defense, I was on a pretty rigorous steroid cycle and my mind was not in the best of places.

It all started at a New Years Party hosted by a coworker.

I'll bite, go on

>In my defense, I was on a pretty rigorous steroid cycle

t. retard

I'd never really been to much parties. I always had friends but our parties were mainly drinking beer and playing video games or watching movies. I'd been to a couple of college parties but nothing like my coworkers party.

He was a rich kid who had a penthouse (a lower-end one, nothing insane, just an apartment with roof access really). It was packed that night. In line for the bathroom I was offered some acid. I declined but started talking to the guy, learning about his business. He sold to a bunch of rich kids who paid way over normal prices. We ended up talking about crypto, too. We exchanged numbers and became good friends.

A week later we're hanging out and he starts telling me about adderall and other uppers. Says it helps him when he studies. I had a lot of difficult classes that semester alongside working my internship, so I bought some.

I used them for the first time at work. And it worked. I felt so good, got so much work done. But after a couple weeks I felt I was building a tolerance, and needed something harder. So I looked around online, bought some monero, and bought myself a whole buffet of uppers. Too much, if I’m being honest. I underestimated the volume of what I ordered and needed to unload some of it.

I started going to more and more parties, networking at each one. It was easy to find people who’d buy. Soon enough I had a decent side hustle going – eventually it eclipsed my legal income.

But then, in March, we had a surprise drug test at work. I panicked. I bought some expensive anti-drug test drinks and cleansers the day before, but apparently it did not work. I was fired. I tried to apply elsewhere but it turned out I’d been blacklisted.

>I was on a pretty rigorous steroid cycle and my mind was not in the best of places.
It's pretty easy to manage emotional sides user. STOP DOING TREN. You're not competing so stop that shit.

go on...

>has drug problem
>blames Veeky Forums

lol @ ops iq desu

At that point I had moved into a more expensive apartment, and bought a car. I needed to keep up these payments so that my family was not suspicious that I'd been fired.

I was at a party selling when a big dude came up to me. My memory is fuzzy but he dragged me outside and a group of them beat me up. They even fucked up my fingers, to the point where I'll never play piano again. One of them told me to stop dealing, or next time it would be my legs.

I'd lost all my sources of income except one: crypto. I started browsing Veeky Forums 16 hours a day. I'd stay up for days on end doing uppers and day trading. All this time I'd been ignoring my schoolwork, and ended up failing all my classes. I lost my scholarship.

But by June, I did not care. I officially dropped out, even though I could have returned in fall and appealed my scholarship. I was making so much money off of crypto that I did not care. I was on track to retire - seriously, I got in on ETH so early that by the time it was approaching $300 I was planning out a whole life of leisure.

But then July came. I daytraded away a good part of my small fortune. I bet half my portfolio on Decred and watched as my work eroded away. I held on to my ETH even as it plummeted, convinced it would experience a revival. I read the white paper for Golem and convinced myself it was the future as it slid further and further down. The dream was slowly slipping from my grasp, like a sandcastle slowly disintegrating in the rising tide.

random drug tested an intern after initial drug test? yeah no.

>OP ruins life with drugs, then ruins finances with crypto

don't do crypto, kids. it's meth for your portfolio.

90% of daytraders blow up 90% of their account in 90 days

this story ends in DGB shilling, callin it

instead of focusing on capital preservation and consistency looks like you were just looking for GAINZZZZZ!!!1!!! which is why you lost all your money

At one point in late July I had a breakthrough. I took a bunch of psychedelics and thought about the future. I thought about banking systems and the idea of currency. The next day I decided the best thing to do was hold, and just move on with my life in the meantime.

I put all my coins into physical wallets, and locked them away in a safe. I went to my parents house and stored it in the basement.

I finally had peace of mind - for a few weeks, at least. I decided to take a nice vacation and flew out to California. I turned off all my social media and did a nice retreat in the wilderness.

But when I came back, I saw that Hurricane Harvey had, over the course of a few days, gotten extremely powerful. It went from a tropical storm to a record-breaking weather event. My parents don't live directly in the path of the storm, but their house got pounded with rain. And the basement flooded.

In a panic, I flew back and drove to their house, but my instinct was right - the water had seeped through the safe all my crypto wallets were destroyed.

I'm broke and living with my parents now. Sometimes I cough up blood but I'm afraid of going to a doctor because I don't want to admit to all the drugs I've done, and still do. I can no longer afford steroids so my muscles are starting to feel really weird, and my skin is starting to visibly sag. Some day my heart pounds rapidly for no reason. Other days I wake up and feel off all day - extremely tired, breathing weird. Who knows. I can never play piano again because my fingers are mangled. And I've been blacklisted by every major company in my industry. I wish I had a time machine and could go back and do it all over.

So here's my question Veeky Forums - I only have $300 left, what coin will moon next? I’m thinking of going all in on this one coin called Digibyte (DGB). It's flown beneath most people's radar, but I read the white paper and it seems like the only thing that could save my portfolio and my life.

>He doesn't own ark by now

Sorry bud but, I think it's too late for ya.

Tl;dr
>I willingly took drugs and didn't forsee the consequences
>I made bad trading decisions
>I continue to make bad decisions
>Veeky Forums ruined my life

No, YOU ruined your life. Everything described thus far is your own doing.

Bingo

i wonder how many people will recognize the satire

>this story ends in DGB shilling, callin it

>I’m thinking of going all in on this one coin called Digibyte (DGB). It's flown beneath most people's radar, but I read the white paper and it seems like the only thing that could save my portfolio and my life.

user pls tell me how to predict the future, I need to know when to buy the dip

>i'm not stupid
>i'm a druggie who squandered every opportunity handed to him
i mean if you have some job skills you'll get back on your feet. but just because you had some money and decent grades doesn't mean you aren't a retard. you sucked at talking to women and acted on impulse after impulse. go meet some homeless people, they had less money but lived their lives exactly like you.

Stop fucking gambling with your future. Steroids bring nothing but misery. There is no endgame except heart failure. I hope you're on the upswing and accept a life of mediocrity. These dreams of retiring a young millionaire, are just that, a pipedream. Stop sacrificing your future for a quick and eventful present.

Who the fuck cares you junkie fatass

It was a good story and I kekd. Post adress for a tip.

that's a hell of a journey bro. you achieved more than i did in my entire 24 years

BTC address 1PY8y29EgDUCZwb8dWn1yKfPCzm1qtVmux

thank you

Dat digibyte shill though, hilarious!!

>I'm not stupid. I've always gotten good grades and have excelled in everything I do.
>I used to be one of the best pianists in my state. I got A's all through high school and got into the college of my dreams.

It was over before you even started OP

>Hurricane Harvey
>2017
>hardware wallet
>not restoring the wallet
?
Bull fucking shit you larper. Where is your pass phases?

Unless you didn't write it down like an idiot.

Texas homes don't have basements dumb fuck, and the few that do are out west which was out of range of the hurricane.

Kys larper.

I enjoyed this post.

Near the end, you still had me in dubious mode but with the nice DGB shilling you end on a good note. Thx for not leaving me in doubt.

who keeps writing these

Coins being shilled this hard. We are doomed.

the bored whales