GOLD

Surprisingly enough no one ever talks about gold here.

1. What happens if normies start buying gold.
2. Is the gold meme real?

Other urls found in this thread:

ucl.ac.uk/museums-static/objectretrieval/node/329
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck crypto. At least with gold you can shine

and with gold , you acctually have something of value... cryto fags just dont like gold because it doesnt have insta-gains....

Yeah I sort of like to make money this month rather than in 10 years.

So no one has the redpill on gold?

What redpill?

There is no redpill. Gold is a dead end as an investment vehicle. We can already transmute lead into gold, it's just prohibitively expensive at the moment. Once the tech improves and we can create gold cheaply goldfags are going to be killing themselves.

ucl.ac.uk/museums-static/objectretrieval/node/329

Gold is an overvalued meme, much like with the artificial prices with diamonds because of the GIA. If you stack gold coins, you get fucked with taxes unless you're tossing them into an IRA for the time being. If you stack bars, you get fucked with taxes especially if you live in tax heavy states like NY.

The only time gold has any real spike upwards is if there's a financial crisis or the country goes into full blown war. Cryptos and the USD currently fill the needs of the former and if the latter happens you'll probably never see your ROI. Besides that, you're not going to get rich off of gold but you'll have a decent safety net.

Gold has a tradition of being a good place to hedge funds in the event of a crash in the real estate market, which should, incidentally, happen within the next two years (U.S.).

>not exchanging your crypto gains into physical gold

>impying crypto won't drop gold to barely above its industrial value

WEW

>goldbug meme thread

It's a weak investment that is pegged to the European stock market. That should tell you enough.

>implying crypto won't drop to the deprecated cost of the electricity used to mine it

gold is a store of value against fiat, and unlike crypto, has use as real currency historically.

gold is not an income-producing asset, but insurance against fiat. a bull run has been growing in the gold markets. I believe a big catalyst in gold breaking out would be war, the Fed announcing another QE, or when the US finally realizes Trump is part of the establishment and won't change anything substantial to save the economy because all he cares about is being popular

crypto has superior monetary properties to gold and fiat

gold has a few oldfarts that still think like cavemen

I sold 100% of my crypto holdings and bought silver bullion, as of september 13th 2017

screencap this

1 year from now:

silver is down 2%

bitcoin is at $12,000

screencap this

>What happens if normies start buying gold.
Normies always bought gold and will be.
What are you talking about?

>SHINY FUCKING ROCKS

SHIT NIGGA U RETARDED

If it has such great monetary properties why has almost no one used it as money though?

Silver and gold are for old shmucks.

wat is new technology and why isn't it instantly everywhere at once?

>instantly

Oh you're right I forgot it's totally a scam if it doesn't replace centuries old technology in less than a decade since its invention.

Why would it be a scam though? What I was trying to get at is that it doesn't have very good monetary properties. For one it's way too volatile. You can't price your goods and services in something that can drop or increase in value by 20% in a day.

Currency is a method of exchange not an investment. Crypto is a pyramid bubble and once the last sucker is found, he will be crying at an empty room to buy the dip and later to buy the crash.

We lambo now

at current ratios silver is a better pure economic play than gold. I like silver gold and crypto as all are strong over time against fiat. sunshine mint is best mint,. also like btc bcc eos iconomi adx and SHRM

Real estate wont crash where im at, bc it costs more to build a home then to buy a used one. Bubbles in real estate exsist when you build a house and it instantly gains in value....like California