Veeky Forums Trolley Problem

>If you don't pull the lever, the leaders of USA, UK, Russia, China, and Japan die
>If you do pull the lever, You'll run over /ourguy/ and a pregnant anne frank in labor
Do you pull the lever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck no

>world chaos
v
>piss off Veeky Forums pissbabies and tankies
hard choice

>the absolute state of postmodern philosophy
republics were a mistake

>kill 4 of the 5 people most dedicated to militarily or economically fucking other their own citizens
>kill a meme

if you're going to post bait, at least put some fucking effort into it.

Here's a template in case you jackasses want to actually try and make proper bait.

How would killing Trump, Putin, Abe, Jinping, and Theresa May piss off Tankies?

The trolley problem is an attempt to get you to quantify the value of other people in standardized units which results in a leading "correct" answer (acting to kill one to save five is correct) and by extension proves the utilitarian view of ethics correct.

However, people do not place equal value on individuals among groups of people (even if those groups are strangers to them) in any real-life calculation ever making the thought experiment meaningless.

You could add hundreds of people I don't like to one side, balanced by one person I do and my calculus would still be too axe hundreds of shitty people.

The Trolley problem is most often brought up in discussions about AI, and how a machine that might have to make a decision which would impact human life should behave. For example, imagine that in the future, plane travel is fully automated, and the auto-pilot is forced by a sudden engine failure to decide where to crash to the plane. There are lots of variables to consider. For example, consider a scenario where the aircraft MIGHT be able to make it to a runway before crashing, but in order to attempt this, it would have to fly over a populated area. Would you want the aircraft to attempt to make it to the runway even if it means that the plane could possibly crash in a heavily populated area, or would it be better to simply accept that the plane is fucked and have it crash in an empty field, dooming the passengers but eliminating any chance of crashing in a populated area?

Any chance the orange blob will jam the wheels before Mayday gets hit?

Shuttup we've watched iRobot

both outcomes in a "trolley problem" are supposed to be undesirable

Desire is subjective

underrated

>kill my waifu

OR

>kill the God Emperor who is destined to lead humanity to a new golden age

*unzips pants

"I'm sorry Mr. President."

its literally pearl-clutching turned into a thought-experiment

murder senpai. dont touch the lever.

ok

That's a hard one

Dont pull the lever and run over to the other two in order to curb-stomp both into oblivion...
As a joke :o)

The only true solution
youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

fuck those shitty memes, I'll save Burgundy

who are all those niggas on the lower rail?

Oh shit... I get to put May out of her misery, but have to kill Putin with her?

/thead

Saving for another time