Is he right Veeky Forums?

>Asked about how the agenda of the Trump administration compared with the Adolf Hitler's rise to power, Snyder said that:
>History does not repeat. But it does offer us examples and patterns, and thereby enlarges our imaginations and creates more possibilities for anticipation and resistance.
>He echoed these sentiments in a May 2017 interview with Salon, warning that the Trump Administration will attempt to subvert democracy by declaring a state of emergency and take full control of the government, similar to Hitler's Reichstag fire: "it’s pretty much inevitable that they will try."
>According to Snyder, "Trump's campaign for president of the United States was basically a Russian operation."

putin is closer to hitler than Trum.

if Trump does he'd just be taking advantage of the bloated executive prerogatives, gargantuan security state and erosion of civil liberties put in place by his predecessors.

>people would rather believe Russians control the US government than that people just don't like Shillary

Umpteenth reminder that Bernie was predicted to beat Trump in every simulation.

Trump won't be a dictator, he's too incompetent to be an effective one. What he will do is trash our political norms

This! I'm sick of people crying about "muh democracy is dead". I don't support Trump but imo we've been seeing the slow erosion of our civil liberties since 9/11 and people react like Trump is the one that said, "it's just a god-damn piece of paper hehehe"

OP here. I'm not going to post this on /pol/ because I don't like /pol/tards. They are some of the most scummy people ever.

I know right? Don't you just hate people who disagree with you on politics? Fuck those people! I don't need to talk with them!

>people who discuss politics are shit
>begin to discuss politics on other boards

kys yourself

>MUH RUSSIA
I hate Snyder so fucking much

Nope, he's wrong about literally everything

I still do like his work and his books on the communist and fascist regimes in Europe. Historically, they are pretty decent and sound for the most part I think.

>this projection

>History does not repeat. But it does offer us examples and patterns, and thereby enlarges our imaginations and creates more possibilities for anticipation and resistance.

I mean yeah kind of, though there are some definite instances of outright repeating.

>History does not repeat.
True
>But it does offer us examples and patterns, and thereby enlarges our imaginations and creates more possibilities for anticipation and resistance.
LOL HE FELL INTO THE "IT TEACHES US LESSONS" TRAP.

2/10 shit historiography.

And what does he mean by "resistance"? Does he really think that Trump is going to go full fash and totalitarian start committing a genocide? I'm legit confused by Snyder. Again, I like his work still.

Yes he's right. Fuck Drumpf! He's a literal Russian puppet and Russia made us not trust the media. Hillary would have won if the Russians didn't influence the election. We need to resist against this tyrant in office now. We are a democracy, the rule of law matters.

Everyone go out and protest this Russian puppet. He's not my president!

>Trump is an incompetent buffoon who will accomplish nothing but pissing everyone else off
Yes.
>Trump is literally a fascist dictator who will put all the brown people in camps
No.

I'm being serious here. Fuck that dictator in the white house. I'm sure he would carry out a Reichstag fire so he could oppress POC and Americans who are standing up to democracy against this pro-Russian tyrant.

>since 9/11
A lot earlier than that m8.

I wouldn't be surprised that it goes all the way back before 9/11.

Lurk moar

>attempt to subvert democracy by declaring a state of emergency and take full control of the government
didn't Lincoln do this for a while

care to reconcile your retarded opinion with lincoln standing for election in the midst of a civil war?

Hillary was supposed to do that too.
Of course people don't like Hillary but she still got more votes in the end, which is what wronged the simulations

Such as ?
I'm just curious, since I can't think of true "repeating" history

digits

>IT'S DA RUSHANS