$XRP

I hope you're all safe and sound sleeping with a fat stack of XRP. Look where the money is moving to. Rocket ship is about to launch whether you like it or not, get on boys. Or stay poor forever. Bye Bye BTC!

Other urls found in this thread:

bitpam.com/blogs/cryptocurrency-guides/what-is-ripple-how-do-i-buy-ripple
ripple.com/files/xrp_cost_model_paper.pdf
ripple.com/insights/the-real-reason-we-dont-have-real-time-payments-in-the-us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have been accumulating so many of these over the past year that if it ever pulls an Ethereum I will never have to work again.

Many people generally regard most crypto bullshit as scamcoins that don't actually do anything. In most cases they are right. But here is one that has something going for it. Backed by actual financial institutions. Ben Bernanke will be speaking at their conference in October. Think about that. Is there any reason this won't just skyrocket one day?

I am holding forever. Every time it dips, I double down. I know this thing will be big someday. This is my ticket.

your commitment is inspiring

Im with you, so many crypto purist pussies will miss this boat. Pretty soon everything in the crypto space will be trading agains XRP. BTC is an onld rickety boat about to sink like the fucking titanic.

At its peak i made 80k. Ripple is my waifu.

If it tanks I'll just kms

honestly it does look poised to moon but its kinda unlikely with the overall market

cripple isn't part of the market though, it's a centralized jew token.

>muh jews
>Im a crypto-anarchist!
>viva-la revolution!

The adults are talking about making profits here kiddo. Time to grow up or go back to your bitcoin maximalist 'OGs' on twitter. "Buy the dip!" they squeal for the 20th time this year.

Yeah I notice that Ripple gets a lot of hate for being too "establishment", but come on. Governments and banks aren't ever going away. You're an idiot if you think you can make them go away by buying Bitcoin.

XRP does unironically look poised for a breakout. I bought a tiny bit like 0.1 worth at 5100 sats. Looking for it to do this edge-to-edge play through the memecloud resistance

You retarded fucking betacucks, ripple isn't gonna fucking last. Banks are not in the business of making other people wealthy. They will create their own coin before investing) dumping money in the shot coin you chose to put money in

To be fair I would feel a lot safer buying actual shares of Ripple if this were a penny stock. Lot of potential for this company, but who knows if shitcoins will even be a thing in a few years

>adults are talking
that might get you lots of action at the local park, pervert, but that doesn't impress me.

nice

>you retarded fucking betacucks

Leading with ad hominems indicates your reasoning and arguments will be weak from the start

>Banks are not in the business of making other people wealthy

Banks prime directive is to maximize profit for themselves only. If you get rich or poor along the way, why do they care? Hopefully you get rich with them and continue to use their services. Preferable by re-investing or taking out bigger loans.

>They will create their own coin before investing) dumping money in the shot coin
Banks are heavily heavily regulated in the space they operate in with huge legal teams that must greenlight anything they do, no matter how trivial it might seem. They're extremely risk adverse and so are not known for being particularly progressive. They'll let startups and 3rd parties do they leg work, take on all the risk and let smaller parties prove the viability.

What they will do is jump on when significant cost savings are proven and the technology legitimized. This is a big, slow moving space Ripple are pushing into. But as it gains (and it is) momentum, the growth and expansion will happen so quick you'll be left behind before you realise what just happened.

is ripple really the fastest coin? does it scale?

whats the best way to buy?

>shilling centralized shit
gtfo retards

Ripple.com homie, They have the most professional and informative website and XRP portal out of every single crypto. Im gonna laugh when it is #1 on MCC and all the "cool kids" start to get on board a ship that can actually float through the storms

im here to make my money grow not participate is the this millennial rebellion, you kids are fucking retarded these day.

4 second transactions costing only 0.0007 USD that can scale to visa throughput transaction level

i found a guide that teaches you how to buy ripple. the person who wrote the guide has a cool +2200 member bitpam Veeky Forums cryptocurrency trading/mining/coding discord server as well

bitpam.com/blogs/cryptocurrency-guides/what-is-ripple-how-do-i-buy-ripple

discord.gg/VpPrGmF

Try using it. Send XRP between a couple exchanges. The second the withdraw is confirmed the XRP will be in your wallet.

What i mean is, the limiting factor in transaction time is the exchange itself, not the network.

Ripple isn't XRP. XRP is a currency that exists on the Ripple network. Banks don't have to use XRP to use Ripple. XRP is just a method of moving real currency, not a currency itself. It's like writing a check. Are checks worth a whole lot of money just because they can transmit money?

You're regurgitating all the bullshit you read on Reddit. Ripple moves currency (all types of fiat and crypto and other fingible assets) to do that YOU NEED TO USE XRP, that is the whole fucking point of the Ripple network you dumb faggot :D

From my experience, Ripple is always the easiest minimum 40% gain. Buy during a crash when its around 16 cents, then sell anywhere from 24-26 cents. Literally every single time.

>safe
not

safe if you don't buy at the top, silly cunt

>YOU NEED TO USE XRP
No you don't. And the network itself can be forked by banks for free (since it is open source) and your XRP become worthless then.

I saw you post this screenshot the other day, and I don't really get it. Zoom out far enough, and it will just look like a straight line. Surely BTC had this kind of movement in its early days? But in retrospect, you can't even tell, you just see the supernova boom, everything else just looks like a line turning into a curve and slowly getting steeper

ok, now wait to 2019 for new generation of retards

>Banks don't have to use XRP to use Ripple
No, but they can achieve significant savings if they do and "banks" aren't the only target here. They're just the ones referenced the most
>XRP is just a method of moving real currency, not a currency itself
Flat out wrong. XRP is a currency, it's the currency used to pay for the transaction and it's burnt when used. Hence why their is such a large starting amount. Also less XRP is required to send a transaction the higher its value so there is a vested interest in the price of XRP appreciating over time.
This has all been covered time and time again.
"There were 100 billion XRP created at Ripple's inception, with no more allowed to be created according to the protocol's rules.[110] As such, the system was designed so XRP is a scarce asset with decreasing available supply."
> It's like writing a check. Are checks worth a whole lot of money just because they can transmit money?
Bad analogy due to the above. It is the bridging currency and native currency used on the ripple network.

Do you understand how business works? Seriously. Thats like saying, hey you know what we're a huge bank, why hire an armored car transportation company to when we could just build our OWN armored cars and hire guys to drive them?!

Banks aren't tech companies dumb fuck. In fact, why does every bank use VISA, instead of cloning there process on their own? I can go on with this one... lmao

should i buy xrp or not, i have in the past. im just reluctant to believe what were seeing is anything close to a recovery

OK explain this. Let's say I want to transfer $1million through Ripple via XRP. What difference does it make to me (or the receiver) what the price of XRP is?

A Ripple transaction works like this. I wan tot send $1m USD to my friend in Japan. I send through Ripple, XRP value equivalent is locked in at market price, send to my friends account and he Sells the XRP for Yen at the locked in market rate. Some XRP gets burned as a transaction cost. Done.

Jfc how will they agree on the amount of xrp to be sent?

Right. So what difference does it make to me (or the receiver) what the price of XRP is?

It doesn't matter what the price it, the price is determined by the market because its publicly traded.

So if the price doesn't matter, why is it valuable?

This, it's the antithesis of Cryptocurrency, and will eventually be dead along with Mastercard, Visa and your precious bank clients

Because you need it to use Ripple. Sorry im not understanding your point.

>spoon-feed me
This fucking board, i swear.
ripple.com/files/xrp_cost_model_paper.pdf

The higher the price of XRP (when used), the greater the liquidity.

You're all ass-about when determining what constitutes "value". Price doesn't inherently determine value. DEMAND determines value which in-turn guides and ultimately determines the price.

XRP use cases increase
Demand for the asset increases
The asset is finite and deflationary (it gets burnt on use and has a set amount)
Value and price appreciates as a result

higher liquidity for banks you fucking brainlet
are you that fucking stupid? holy shit.

my point was its price isn't based on bitcoin or the market.

Nobody cares about your cute little socioeconomic revolution. You guys have too much social anxiety to stand up, go outside and actually make CRYPTO a thing besides a speculative bubble. Meanwhile, XRP will be the only thing standing on CMC in a few years. lmao

This. Trump 20'. Can't wait.

What a crock of virtue signaling horseshit. You don't give a fuck about crypto as anything more than a speculative vehicle to acquire more fiat.

Fuck off back to your crypto cobains poser

scamcoin alert!! no bank will use it

Calm down goy, soon you'll be bored out of existence and we will have the dumb blackim using our electronic shekels

>scamcoin alert!! no bank will use it
>except the one who are of course

There's no demand for XRP. The demand is for the real money.

Dude, you can read all about XRP on the Ripple web-site, it is as clear as day. All your questions will be answered, except there isnt anyone for you to argue with. lmao

Accumulating more just to please Ripple-Chan

I get it dude, but like I said there is no demand. The demand is for the real money. XRP only has a derived demand. You have to consider not only how shitty having no inherent demand is but also the magnitude of such demand. The demand would be a fraction of the savings on liquidity that XRP would bring.

That's because you don't understand the problem, therefor you can't see the demand.

The problem is banks want to pay less money. Ripple lets them pay less money.

The problem isn't instant payment. It's already a solved problem by Ripple's admission.
>The UK has real-time payments. Mexico does, too.
ripple.com/insights/the-real-reason-we-dont-have-real-time-payments-in-the-us/

I want to buy 70 XRP using ETH (probably just through changelly for simplicity) before it blows up. What wallet/exchange should I use?

i just made 5 trades on bittrex. UI is decent, its been around for years and is trusted.
fees are low too.

Is gatehub OK for trading too?

>70 xrp

So $12? Why so little? With transfer fees, commission, and order spread you'll need it to go up like 35% to break even.

Looks like the minimum ETH deposit is 0.1. That's alright I guess, guess I'll be buying even more Ripple assuming there aren't any insane hidden fees on deposits... hoping the complaints people had about that from a quick google search were just network fees

I'm putting in double what I was going to, probably should have done more research before making the transfer to bittrex though. Still, the only money I have to invest is from a measly single graphics card mining Ether (a GPU I had already for gaming, figured it'd be worth putting it to work since I don't have electricity to pay in my dorm). Given the support Ripple seems like it'll get though, I figure it'll probably grow more than 35%.

QUIT BUYING XRP IT WAS ALMOST TO 14 CENTS AND YOU NERDS PUMPED IT.

I hope you know that XRP is deflationary and each wallet you deposit to for the first time is going to burn 20 XRP

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

I didn't even have to work for this money really. I don't mind throwing $20 of mined memebucks at it even if I lose it.

Got 26k XRPs... am i going to make it lads?

You will have a decent amount of cash by the end of 2018.

I margin longed some xrp at 0.00005. Im not sure when to take profit. If it goes to 0.00005 I might long more. I'm hoping this conference in October will create more bullish momentum.

Disregard the shills!

Ripple is going through a very messy lawsuit with R3. If anything, wait for the fundamental factors to play out.

How is this negative. It shows that R3 values XRP and even if they won the lawsuit and wanted to dump the billion worth of XRP they can only sell a certain amount each day. Also even if they won why would they sell at 0.00005 when ath was 0.0002?

So did it start

The scandal will drive the value lower, and the case ruling will determine the trend for many months ahead.

ok i just bought 6 different meme coins i didn't know existed this morning

You're a fucking idiot. R3 is trying to cash in on XRPs price surge claiming options it has no rights to. Big old nothing burger.

Meanwhile XRP holds strong while everything else eats shit. Its fallen the least of all coins so far.
Its the only coin to increase in value against BTC at the moment and its suffered the least amount in USD terms falling on 10-12%

Right now XRP is further proving itself to be the coin most independent of BTC than anything else on the market and people are starting to realise it.

I unironically think ZCash could replace it.

It just keeps rising, for no reason.
Last time BTC crashed it crashed to 3.5k and now it's doing the opposite.
Fucking trickster coin.

Getting emotional?

Why would the issuer of a heavily centralized asset drive the price up in a wake of potential fines?

The fuck are you even talking about? When R3 and Ripple made the options deal XRP was $0.007
This lawsuit is a hail mary play from R3 because the potential payoff now that XRP has exploded 4000% since then is huge.
It's also futile because XRP (and R3) know damn well that R3 didn't live up to their side of the options contract. It just R3 seeing a potential multi-billion dollar payday at the cost of no more than legal fees so why not have a crack.

I don't know who is right or wrong in this case, but a billion dollar fine is a proper enough FUD for me.

Especially, when the price action is dictated by a very few super whales.

And to be fair, those same whales seem to be going for a price break-out currently.

XRP is literally the last coin im holding. Sold everything this morning to avoid losing my initial invest.
>just hodl
My hands can only be so strong.

Globalist coin yes but a smart man bets on both sides. I'd buy a bag or two if I were you