Franco's Spain

Was Spain better off under Franco and the Falangists?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_largest_historical_GDP
photius.com/rankings/human_developement_index_1975-2005.html
countryeconomy.com/gdp/spain
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A better question is, would Spain have been able to enter the EU under a direct continuation of Franco?
Wouldn't Spain have had the same problems Turkey is facing today?

No. It was only once Franco already started going delusional because of old age that he was lied into freeing the markets and creating an economic boom by the younger neocons in the party.
During most of his dictatorship Spain lived under Autarky. Women literally dedicated themselves to crossing the border to France and coming back with bread, because everybody was starving.
That's the reason why my grandparents are 30 cm shorter than me or the people in my generation, they suffered from malnutrition because of this retarded faggot who had the voice of a 12 year old and a god complex.

>neocons
Stop misusing words, faggot.

The younger members of the fascist government who reformed the economy are the same neocons who created the "popular party" that rules today in Spain.

franco

>t. foreigner

Spain did not have the 8th highest GDP nor the "2nd highest world development rate" under Franco.

Stop getting your knowledge from /pol/ bullshit infographics retard.

Pic: 10 largest world economies in 1970, shortly before Franco's death.

Neocons didn't exist before 1970s America.

This must have been horrible to experience

Spain during late Francoism sounds like an awesome place.

It wouldn't have been able to enter.

Just like Turkey won't be able to enter.

You gotta be a liberal democracy, with separated powers, under the European Court of Justice.

And you can't both have free trade and autarky as ideals.

Damn. Only the 10th highest GDP instead of hte 8th? What a shithole. Unlike now, I'm sure ;)

Spain had the 13th highest HDI in the world in 1975, the earliest date available.

Women were crossing the border to steal bread in a country that was more developed than half of Europe? It was only two spots below France, and only one spot below the US.

It's was not the 10th highest, stormfag

> Spain's national flag is "A FUCKING WHEEL".

Spain's GDP was 13th in 1970, today it's 14th nominal and 16th PPP.

>Franco
>Falangist
DELET THIS

>Franco and the Falangists

Franco wasn't a Falangist. He wasn't even a fascist. He was a traditional Conservative. As soon as it was clear the Nazis were losing Franco dropped the Falangtism wing of his government instantly.

Over fucking Communists? Obviously.

Of course

In 1975, Spain had the 10th highest GDP in the world. In 1970, it was only 13th because it was in the midst of an economic boom.

No, the article I linked you has statistics for 1975 from three different sources and none place Spain in the top 10.

Stop taking your information from /pol/ infographics you fucking retard.

>Estimates range from 8 to 13
>Now it's 30
>But bruh fuck fascism though
This is why prols don't deserve to own the means of production

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Maddison_statistics_of_the_ten_largest_economies_by_GDP_(PPP)

In 1960, the peak of Franco's fascistic autarky economic policies Spain wasn't even in the top 15. It only managed to rebound to 13th place due to economic liberalization.

If the OP bullshit infographic is supposed to mount a defense of fascist policies then it's a deceptive one. When Spain followed fascist economics it wasn't even in the top 15, when it changed course it managed to rebound somewhat to 13th place but nowhere near what is claimed on the pic.

No, the only post-war appearance of Spain in the top 10 happens in the 1990s stop lying you fucking scumbag.

>obviously the decline is due to the proles fucking everythin up instead of Chinese and Japanese instituting turbo capitalism to catch up to the west.

Spain was booming with around 11-12% growth rate by 1960. In fact the growth rate actually declined when Spain started economic liberalization, although this was probably due to industrialization already being finalized.

The reason Spain's economy boomed is because the West stopped its sanctions on the country. That's it. It had nothing to do with Spain being economically liberalized.

countryeconomy.com/gdp/spain
>Spain under the fascists had constant growth
>Spain under quasi leftist socdem rule begins to decline
I'm only reporting facts. Fascist Spain was better than the current spain. It was the best.

None of what you are saying is sourced and contradicts the information posted here. Spain dropped from 15th world economy in 1950 to 16th-17th (doesn't even appear on the list) in 1960, so much for autarky "growth".

Literally everything you have posted ITT so far is either a lie or a statement that contradicts the evidence.

Economic growth only begun with economic liberalization in the 1960s.

>All these /pol/fags and their francoist nostalgia
is this site getting dumber or am I getting too old for this shit?

I like how you're purposefully using global rankings instead of GDP growth because you know GDP growth proves you wrong. Of course a post-war Europe is going to have a lot of GDPs rebounding and is going to displace Spain. That's why we use growth you moron.

Growth DECLINED after 1960, which is the height of autarky you yourself identified. I'm willing to admit that industrialization being completed played more of a role in the decline than liberalization itself, but to say autarky was objectively bad is silly.

Fascist Spain grew through a period when the entire Western world was growing rapidly, when it was going through a period of catch up reaching the economic level of other European countries. It then collapsed and democratic Spain has been through a period when economic growths across the entire world have been lower, and when it has roughly caught up to the other Western European countries and hence has much less room for easy productivity growth. The rest of Western Europe, which didn't have dramatic changes in their government, experienced the same thing where their economic growth rates were dramatically lower afterwards than before.

1950s was the autarky
1960s were the reforms

>Using a Falangist symbol as if Franco supported it
How fucking dare you

I'm afraid probably both./pol/ is ascendant, their influence won't recede for a few years.

Depends, do you like the idea of being beaten half to death for insulting the state?