Get off the Exchange

This is a reminder that you should take some of the previous exchange threats seriously and not have crypto on your exchange wallets. You shouldn't be doing it anyway but i know a lot of people tend to keep their shitcoins on exchanges.
With the recent amount of happenings, The likely hood of failures, bans, and other things are higher than ever. Even if you explicitly trust the exchange you are using, Some things are out of their control. So remember, If you aren't actively trading it (which most of you aren't right now because of the crash) deposit it into a wallet. Most fees aren't that bad, especially when it comes to shitcoins.
I'm only looking out for the best interest of my fellow Veeky Forumsnessmen and newfag Stacys. Your /ourpeople/ too.

Other urls found in this thread:

myetherwallet.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good post

Leaving for vacation tomorrow. Good post has reminded me to move everything over to my ledger before I leave.

bittrex is safe right?

I feel like if I move all my shit into myetherwallet the chances of it getting fucked up or hacked are greater than it getting hacked on bittrex but I might be a retard

Nothing is "safe". Some things are just better than others at not losing all your money. It's better to be cautious than lazy. But it's like i said, Even if you trust your exchange it doesn't mean much because shit happens. I've always enjoyed trex though.

+1 from someone that saw normies get fucking slaughtered by mtgox

What could happen to an exchange lol

They are making so much money, they cant go insolvent

You're retarded, But that's ok. I'm going to un retard you. If you feel especially paranoid you can make a separate wallet for each ERC20 coin using what ever preferred platform you like that supports them. write down private keys, make sure they work, On paper, if you're paranoid or want backups or just want extra security, Or in an encrypted password protected folder if you want to keep it on your computer (which isn't really advisable but I always enjoyed the feel of extra protection.) You also have multiple hardware options. As long as you don't lose or give away your private key, 1 address is safe too.

Myethwallet is pretty gud. Just make sure your computer is not full of malware(windows). Recommend for great security Qubes Distro,

Oh and to add on, If you think you have enough backups, make 2 more anyway.

MtGox was "safe".

Trust no one. The whole point of bitcoin/cryptocurrencies is that you can hold it directly without having to rely on a 3rd party. Take advantage of that.

my thoughts exactly

NOONE CAN EVER BREAK INTO BUTTREX
MARK MY WORDS IT IS IMPENETRABLE

I WILL PAY 10BTC TO WHOEVER BRINGS BITTREX DOWN

>>this

Bump cus important

Thanks user, i did all that stuff and just haven't bothered to move it because I'm lazy and paranoid I have some virus or keylogger or something and that bittrex is safer with Google Authenticator and my ip whitelisted for withdrawals but then again if they get hacked that won't matter but then again if they get hacked my shitcoins will probably be worthless anyway.

Buy a Ledger Nano. You use it with MEW.

I was thinking about this but then I was thinking I'll probably move out of my apartment and forget one and one day someone will steal all my shit

You will never do that, though. First thing your always going to think about is the safety of your private keys. You will probably secure those before you secure your cat.

ARE THERE ANY LIGHT ETHEREUM CLIENTS where you don't have to download the whole block chain? My laptop is really old so mist isn't really an option, currently got a load of my ether in metamask and I don't trust my computer is clean for using that or MEW

Nice try cia

myetherwallet.com/
Simple and safe way of making a wallet. Make sure to bookmark the legit site and don't click on scammy links in google.

Yeah yeah I just mean at the amount they're worth right now I feel like the percentage chance of me fucking it up is higher than the chance of a bittrex hack. When I rebuy in I'll put a paper wallet in a bank safe deposit or get a nano

gox and btc-e users felt that way too and look how that turned out. Luckily it seems BTC-e users got most of their stuff back.

this

I got baited into a site call 'myetherwalwet'
Be careful and always check URL and certificate when using etherwallet