Dude

Dude..

Dude, what if...

Just think, dude, what if...

Now hear me out, dude

What if mankind has repeatedly invented nuclear weapons and then destroyed itself before rebuilding?

We would have evidence of high level radiation of nuclear material.

You couldn't get a society much more complex than early modern get wiped out without a trace.

Well, I've been hearing stories about some fringe poo in loo anthropologist claims there is evidence of a nuclear war in northern India dating back to 5000 BC for a while now.

it's because there's a story of a war in Hindu mythology that states that there was a great war between the Gods, that involved massive explosions

I think we might be on to something

I think it's because there's this ruins with traces of radiation

what story and who is the anthropologist?

Then wouldn't we have stuff like fossilized TVs and fossilized jets and tanks from the before-times?

Unlikely, nuclear weapons are actually good for maintaining global peace and order due to fears of said mass destruction.

Maybe they were more suicidal than we are.

Enough History Channel for you today Timmy!

The only reason that you can say that with a straight face is because we were incredibly lucky during the cold war and both sides were content to just spy on the other side and occasionally poke each other in proxy wars. It could have very, very easily gone down differently.

>"Radiation evidence suggesting pre-historic nuclear technology" - P. U. Indaloo

Description of destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and effects are similar to a nuke.

No. Everything that wasn't blown up would erode.

Or you know, a meteor

It doesn't matter if they're good for that. What if they were actually used?

Dinosaurs didn't erode though. And neither did giant sloths and backwards tusk elephants and shit from before the ice age. That stuff is way softer and more easy to decompose than a TV or a microwave oven.

>Well, I've been hearing stories about some fringe poo in loo anthropologist claims there is evidence of a nuclear war in northern India dating back to 5000 BC for a while now.
Well I've heard about an eastern euro pseud calling concretions worked stone and hills pyramids, doesn't mean that the con artist/mental case is correct

If this happened a long time ago wouldn't (((they))) hide it from us?

I too have read von Däniken, while his theories are amusing you should not take them as anything other than works of fiction.

The hyperwar

if not him someone else was going to say it.

There are certain isotopes (caesium-137 and strontium-90) that didn't exist on Earth (at least not at detectable levels) until after the first nuclear bomb tests.

One method of identifying counterfeit art and wine from certain time periods is by testing for the presence of these isotopes.

There were a few times in history where orders were given to launch nuclear attacks, user. We came REALLY fucking close to annihilation those times, and if it weren't for the people who disobeyed those orders you wouldn't be singing that tune. The fact is that nuclear weapons are incredibly dangerous and we're very lucky that they weren't used.

>There were a few times in history where orders were given to launch nuclear attacks, user.

Really? I'm not agreeing with the user you replied to but I don't think that is true. Please could you list these few times.

Wasn't there also a Soviet auto-launch system that detected what it thought was an enemy attack but malfunctioned on deploying the counterattack?

What if nukes really are one of the main Great Filters/answers to the Fermi Paradox, and we're just really, stupidly, insanely lucky?

>amerishits

Evidence of the Colony of Intia Campaign of the Hyper War.

But dude, ancient astronauts n' shit

I think they are just made up stories for making the other side believe you actually mean it.

Don't get me wrong, I think nukes could do a lot of damage but still, we had Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Tsar Bomba, Chernobyl & Fukushima, and we still live to tell the tale, no?

MAD has always reminded me of someone jumping off of a tall building and on the way down saying "so far so good!"

it's from 'La Haine" amirite, user?

>P. U. Indaloo
almost convincing