Why did God harden the pharoah's heart?

Why did God harden the pharoah's heart?

there wouldn't be much of a story otherwise

Burgers did that before God. Remember, the Pharaoh was black, so he ate lots of fast food and had a declining health at this point.

>Yfw you realize that the pharaoh's heart was literally hardened, and he was acting like a dick because of high blood pressure.

It's a Jewish expression meaning that one is stubborn for no reason, it doesn't actually mean G-d influenced pharoah's decisions.

>yfw when the Jews bullied a man with heart issues

It literally says "god hardened his heart", which implies god changed his thinking, unless the translation is wrong.

The translation is right but the meaning is somewhat lost. "God hardened his heart" more or less just means "His heart was hardened", but in ancient Hebrew acts were often attributed to God even if they didn't imply direct intervention. It's sort of like how in modern Arabic they say "God willing", "If God wills it", etc. A similar translation issue is how the number 40 in Hebrew is shorthand for "A lot, many", and the meaning is totally lost through direct translation.

God works in mysterious ways.

God was playing 5d blackgammon in order for him to prosecute Jews and thus guaranteeing their return to the promised land.
Also God literally rained frogs and locusts on his kingdom so he was probably mad about that, not to mention the death of his son.

I heard an Egyptologist say that Egyptians thought that people thought with their hearts. So it's like God hardened his mind

Well, they did consider the brain to be useless, that's why they removed it when they mummified the rest of the organs.

>It's like how in Arabic they say "God Willing"

You mean actively invoking the deity? You mean like how it is evoked directly in the text of the Bible?

You fucking mong

To make a point

>Saying "If God allows it to pass" is the same as saying "Hey God I want this to happen"
Says the fucking mong.

>which implies god changed his thinking,
You think with your brain not your heart

Dumbass

The people who wrote the bible didn't know that

God wrote the Bible you illiterate piece of shit.

Go would know the earth wasn't created in six days

Yes because he created it himself.

>you shouldn't listen to treehugging Nordic hippie from the 21st century, you should listen to a 1st century Jewish ascetic sperg instead
No.

I seriously doubt a Nordic hippie from the 21st century can resurrect, user.

>create the earth in sex days
>create it with the appearance of age
>have people's afterlife depend on believing it literally

Neither could Jesus.

I am not sure modern Jewish expressions or understanding of the passage have much to do with what the original scribe intended.

at least Varg exists

>God wrote the Bible
You're thinking of the Quran

The bible was written by committee hundreds of years after Jesus' death

He didn't you fucking idiot, that's the devil making us doubt our Lord. Read the fucking Bible for once before spouting uneducated nonsense, this ain't /pol/.

The historical existence of Jesus has been proved several times. Stop watching History Channel pawn shows and grab a book.

The mere fact that you exist is a proof of the greatness and allmightness of Christ. You're an ungrateful shit.

Islam came after christianity. I recommend books instead of infograms to learn about history.

>Jesus existing means Jesus rose from the dead
Brainlet spotted.

Islam was created by Abraham, Christianity by Constantine.
Get your facts straight

>fucking Bible
You can't even LARP properly you ingrate.

Pharoah hardened his own heart first when he heard the man of God speaking (Moses) and rejected his message
If you read Exodus, you will see that it says Pharaoh hardened his heart over and over, and after that it says that God hardened Pharaoh's heart
Read Romans Chapter 1 and it will show you that God gives people over to a reprobate mind after they reject God's Word over and over

Why did the pharoah harden his own heart 7 times?

Islam was created by Mohammad, Catholicism by Constantine.

Get yourself sorted out.

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on why Jesus is the most famous person on earth, if He did not rise from the dead, as all of his followers said. And say.

Tell me, user, in your own words, why are we talking about a failed homeless rabbi from 2000 years ago, again?

The bible spans 3500 years ago to 2000 years ago, and was inspired by the Holy Spirit of God.

The quran was written by Uthman under the inspiration of the devil himself.

God wouldn't know how long it took Him to create the universe?

Are you on many conflicting forms of prescription medications?

Holy shit blown the fuck out.

The people who wrote the bible did so under the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the perfect muse.

So yes, they did know that.

mfw literally the only real response in the whole thread gets steamrolled by dumbshit like

>Sending your hope to God so something will happen is different than asking God to make something happen

Because the Roman empire adopted Christianity.

>if He did not rise from the dead, as all of his followers said. And say.

Roughly a half of his followers say he did not die on the cross and thus never rose from the dead simply because he was God and God can't die.

That's about as far from "all followers" as you can get without getting branded an imbecile fit for a lifelong stay at the hospital.

ONCE I CALLED YOU BROTHER

>Islam came after christianity
How does this contradict what I said in any way you brainlet

>and was inspired by the Holy Spirit of God.
But was actually put to paper by a committee of fallible humans hundreds of years after Jesus died. What I said is true.

>The quran was written by Uthman under the inspiration of the devil himself.
Hey man I was just telling you what Muslims believe; that their scripture is the exact word of God which Muhammad didn't write but instead was given to him. AFAIK there's nowhere in the Christian canon which claims the bible was the direct word of God.

I'm not a muslim or a christian btw.

The Lord, by Moses, to Pharaoh said: Oh! let my people go
If not, I'll smite your first-born dead—Oh! let my people go
Oh! go down, Moses
Away down to Egypt's land
And tell King Pharaoh
To let my people go

ONCE I THOUGHT THE CHANCE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH, WAS ALL I EVER WANTED

God hardened his penis too

None of his followers say that.

Fucking muslims say that. And muslims are the farthest things from god worshiping people that exist.

>But was actually put to paper by a committee of fallible humans hundreds of years after Jesus died. What I said is true.

Nothing you said was true; the bible was finished @ 95 AD, 63 years after Jesus died. Most of it was finished by 68 AD, 36 years after Jesus died.

And well within the lifetimes of eyewitnesses, none of whom every wrote anything to the contrary.

>Muhammad didn't write but instead was given to him.

Mohammad couldn't write jack shit; he was illiterate.

The quran is passed down and eternal is BTFO by its own abrogated suras and satanic verses.

ffs, learn something before you offer your worthless opinion.

AND EVEN NOW, I WISH THAT GOD HAD CHOSE ANOTHER, SERVING AS YOUR FOE ON HIS BEHALF

So God could kill more Egyptians, duh.

IS THE LAST THING THAT I WANTED

>g-d
What is an orthodox jew doing on Veeky Forums?

LET MY PEOPLE GOOOOOO

WRONG

>Fucking muslims say that.

And they worship both God and are devout followers of Jesus Christ, to the point Jesus is like the third most common male name in their places, with Marry being one of the most famous female ones, period.

Because he wanted to prove a point.
When ath*ists go
>g-God is a dick haha gottem
They're right. Old Testement God was not someone you wanted to fuck around with. There's a reason they used to call religious people 'God-fearing'.

Why didn't God just teleport all people to israel?

more importantly, how does he have room in that head for a brain?

Why would jews give a fuck about what egyptians think?

>Catholicism by germanics*.

>The historical existence of Jesus has been proved several times.

No, it hasn't