IT'S L-LIKE TULIPS GUYS

IT'S L-LIKE TULIPS GUYS

lol my normie step-dad was talking about how people invested in tulips like a hundred years ago, fuck was that all about?

i FUCKING LOVE THIS POST

I looked that up and it was a thing. It sounds so ridiculous. What can you use a tulip for besides a bouquet? I can walk through airport security with 2382023 BTC, or transfer it to Uzbekistan without going through all kinds of bullshit. Comparing BTC to tulips is beyond silly

And yet, the brightest minds of old money keep telling you this.
Just so you know just how ahead of the curve we all are

like this smart cookie

Na, I don't think so. It's fudders that bring up tulips. It's a total strawman and they know it. Unless it's gramps who literally has no understanding at all of what bitcoin is

Seriously, why would you walk through airport security with millions of dollars in Bitcoins? You know that these days there's a lot of random copying of data by security agencies, right? When Obama was president I got detained in the airport for having long hair and the dude copied the entire contents of my phone and asked me a million stupid questions about texts I sent to my aunt. If I had a weird-looking USB dongle you can be damn sure he would have stolen my Bitcoins.

>I'm literally so retarded I can't comprehend what a "general concept" is

it's kinda the same thing as flipping shoes or art

what?

How is this anything like flipping shoes or art besides buying low and selling high?

wanna see my weird looking dongle instead?

You mean a bubble? Talking about bubbles and uses an archaic tulip crash strawman to convince someone else of a bubble. That isn't a general concept. The numerous stock market crashes would be the general concept. Is it that you don't know what strawman means or are you just a nigger

>tulip crash
>stock market crashes
It's the same "general concept" of speculation and markets. See, you're starting to learn something.

Crashes, bubbles, whatever you'd like to call them. There's a huge difference though. Stocks have value, so do cryptocurrencies, so it's a fair comparison to warn someone of a similar crash.

Tulips have very little value, and never should have had much value. Therefore, the comparison is ridiculous.

This is what a strawman is. An unfair comparison meant to make someone or something bad.

I hope you are learning something my friend and have a great weekend!

Thanks for the 12 second graph

>There's a huge difference though
Nope, not in the "general concepts" of speculation and markets. You can overlay the tulip price graph on a stock bubble and there's no clear difference
>Stocks have value, so do cryptocurrencies
>he literally believes a market cap of 100,000,000,000$ is the inherent value of the 300 people that actually use crypto to buy weed online and don't just speculate on it.
lol

How far is it going to go up before they dump again?

This. Crypto only increases in utility as time goes on. Tulips are a fad. These same boomers though the internet was a fad and now there's tech companies worth 500B+.

Thought**

But there is a clear difference. Have you actually even looked at it? Tulips went to zero basically. Stocks and other assets never go to zero or even close to that. There's not only a clear difference, there's no comparison between tulips. It's a strawman, plain and simple.

Believe whatever you want.

>These same boomers though the internet was a fad and now there's tech companies worth 500B+.

yeah and bitcoin is Microsoft.

>Stocks and other assets never go to zero or even close to that
HAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Almost none of the original dotcom companies survived so I think they were right.

Bingo! ma nilla

Companies can fold and their stocks can become worthless and property can be destroyed. Did you actually think I meant no stock ever goes to zero? Jesus christ. Did coke stock go to zero during the 1929 crash? did Intel go to zero during the dotcom bubble?

Will some shitcoin go to zero in a crash? Yep. Will a shit stock go to zero? Yep. Bitcoin is the biggest fish out there, it isn't going to zero like tulips and penny stocks. God damn you are stupid

>Did you actually think I meant no stock ever goes to zero?
so then there's no difference between stocks and tulips then. got it
>unironically believing in too big to fail
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

in stock crashes, some stocks go to zero. in tulip crashes all tulips go to zero.
>same thing
HAHAHAHAHHAHHA good one

>in stock crashes, some stocks go to zero. in tulip crashes all tulips go to zero.
which is exactly the same if those stocks/cryptos are the only ones you're holding
>still believes in too big to fail
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yes!

So the moral of the story is;
tulips are like shitty altcoins. If there's a crash, they'll go to zero. Stay in bitcoin and strong alts to survive crashes.

High five bro, let's call it a thread

>Stay in bitcoin and strong alts to survive crashes
>still believes in too big to fail
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

>babby's first return to normal phase.
Lawl.

There are more people everyday that accept BTC. You're full of shit.

There are more people every day that accept BTC. You're full of shit.

Sure, but there's still not 100,000,000,000$ worth of them retard

Keep telling yourself that, buddy

It's impossible to run a company on bitcoin. You won't find employees, suppliers or clients willing to endure the volatility.

stay poor

You can invest in something even if you're smart enough to realize it's mostly speculation. Your reddit-emotional connection to bitcoin is not an advantage

Altcoins are the dotcom bust comparison.

That's not what too big to fail means you fucking idiot. It is supposed to refer to when the government saves a company from failure because that failure would jeopardize national interests in the short term, enough to warrant propping up a shitty company at least to get through the immediate crisis.

lol did this guy just google it? Because it's also a common phrase in finance used to make fun of people like you.