XMR

What is Veeky Forumss thought on holding XMR for long term?

Other urls found in this thread:

bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-CLOAK
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

maybe good maybe bad

It's the only legit cryptocurrency, so it's the only legit long term hold.

its actually used. its somewhat trusted. i use it to hedge.

probably pretty decent

yes

I have three coins that I'm hodling, and it's BTC, ETH, and XMR.

BTC because muh king.
ETH because ICOs and whatnot dependent upon it.
XMR because better privacy (also closer to the original idea of bitcoin than bitcoin itself).

Yet to find any justification to hodl any other coin.

I'm also dabbling in TNT and Chainlink because they seem promising.

Thanks guys, I've been looking at this coin for way too long, missed many good entry points to buy too, but just decided to shift 15% of my portfolio into it.

Shift at least 90%. Ditch your shitcoins.

This. I had 70% losses gambling on shitcoins. It's just not worth it and you really are trying to time the market which is horribly fucking risky.

Monero is the safe, logical choice to buy right now and just hold for it's non-meme, real world usage which will be drug dealers. I mean imagine what the price would be if even 1% of the drug transactions in the world were done through Monero.

have fun with your slow gains, poorfag.

Buy Ark, OMG, and NEO. Some walton.

>be rich.
>get in here anons

The only really privacy coin at the moment. It's a good hold.

If there's one currency that will be there in 5 years, this is it, MONERO.

Same here, though my eth will soon be converted into LINK.
Dumped all my free bch into xmr, pretty comfy desu.

Well I'm into OMG (70%), XMR (15%) and Eth (15%) now.
How long until i want to kill myself?

if i had startup money i'd go all in

you should look into CLOAK if you want the next XMR.

its mooning hard but its not done yet.

bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-CLOAK

Best privacy coin at the moment, could be surpassed by a better privacy coin in the future. Who can really say for sure, it seems like a decent longish-term hold for now at least.

quick rundown?

This comes down to one word user.

>Fungibility
Fungibility is the property of a good or a commodity whose individual units are capable of mutual substitution. That is, it is the property of essences or goods which are "capable of being substituted in place of one another."

For example, since one ounce of pure gold is equivalent to any other ounce of pure gold, gold is fungible.

let's compare bitcoin to monero: In this case the transaction history is very important. Bitcoin is not fungible because one can always trace where the coins come from (the public ledger is clear for everyone to see). So let's assume that a bitcoin was used in a shady transaction (drugs, stolen goods, ...). When that coin lands in your wallet, it would be possible to look into the transaction history of that coin and detect that said shady transaction was carried out, so the bitcoin that landed in your wallet is not equal anymore to a 'fresh' bitcoin without transaction history. So that bitcoin is now tainted... Now that bitcoin/address could be blacklisted so it can't be used anymore. Monero on the other hand has an opaque blockchain, aka the coins' transaction history can't be looked up, so one xmr will always be one xmr, no matter in which transactions it would have been used before. In a way one could compare it to cash vs digital money. Monero would be cash (untraceable) and bitcoin would be digital money (traceable), though there are still subtle differences.

No other crypto”currency” has this solved quite like monerobbecause monero is private on the protocol level with the option to be transparent, the other coins are public by default, with the option to be private (Dash, Zcash, ...). In the latter case it means that coins must 'leave' the public blockchain to make them private (via mixing service or other mechanism), this already means that those coins are 'different' (aka not fungible) from the ones that are always on the pubic blockchain.

You never hodl anything, idiot. Go all in on the dips and sell the second you see a profit.

seems like a complete scamcoin from a brief browse of their twitter page.
>closed source
into the bin it goes

well im certainly not making the mistake of selling it again for a long time

sold at 50, fomo bought back in at like 140

>Now that bitcoin/address could be blacklisted so it can't be used anymore

Yes, they're going to do a hardfork of BTC to blacklist your wallet. That makes sense. Good luck getting 100% of miners on board upgrading all their farms for that.

As soon as a given bitcoin hits an exchange, it's essentially lost in the pool. Or are you going to blacklist the exchange wallet?

Exactly. It's the only currency that actually offers an advantage that can only be achieved through being a cryptocurrency.

Interesting strategy. Instead of selling as soon as you see a profit, why not wait until it starts dipping again? I fell like you're leaving some money on the table there.

The bitcoins being blacklisted means by definition that they are NOT accepted at the exchange in the first place, genius.

the blacklist is essentially a trail of tainted bitcoin that would be unwise to use.

“When that coin lands in your wallet, it would be possible to look into the transaction history of that coin and detect that said shady transaction was carried out, so the bitcoin that landed in your wallet is not equal anymore to a 'fresh' bitcoin without transaction history. So that bitcoin is now tainted... ”

learn some reading comprehension.

I was talking about hodling. I still do some shorter term dabbling.

privacy coins aren't for hodling long term

they're for buying to make purchases when you need it