Why is rome so influential still?

Why does rome seem to still have so much influence in our societies if it fell about 1500 years ago? Why don't more recent empires have the same effect?

Because the people that raped/destroyed rome learned from them and took their civ, germanic civ (western civ for brainlets) its roman/greek civ, that is why rome influence is never going to die

Because thier eastern counterpart got Allah-Akbar'd

it never fell.

kings are just magister militums

>Why don't more recent empires have the same effect?

>Why does rome seem to still have so much influence in our societies if it fell about 1500 years ago?

Because its basic activities and cities were permanent and there was no need to replace the Roman method.

>Why don't more recent empires have the same effect?

They do. Population transfer and ethnic cleansing just muddles it more.

>The world speaks English because of the British Empire
No, honey.

I guess ultimately, if you consider America's influence an extension of the British Empire.

>if it fell about 1500 years ago

the western roman empire fell, not rome (even if it was attacked). By then, Rome was already the seat of christian faith and political power, which gave it its influence in the following centuries, more than being the ex-capital of a fallen empire

You understand what I meant

French was still the lingua franca of the world prior to America's ascension to superpower status.

Because you're westerners, probably Americans, so naturally you think they have so much influence in your society.

In europe sure, but not globally.

They were the closest people to the snowniggers to have empired

I'm not even memeing when I say literally every western country inherited much of its culture from Rome. It is the single common denominator for pretty much all of western civilization.

What are you talking about?

Rome has almost no impact on europe/the west neither culturally nor economically.

I think you are talking about the vatican but since you are an american you just don't know wtf you are talking about right?

Globally too thanks to colonization. English was only relevant in the British Empire and America pre-WWII.

We recycled some of their structures and memes.