*conquers your empire*

*conquers your empire*

*ends your empire*

So why germanics believe this man was blonde and light eyed?

Can you show a source for that claim? Alexander has been portrayed as having brown hair and eyes since antiquity.

The Greek biographer Plutarch (ca. 45–120 AD) who described Alexander as blond and blue-eyed :

>"Alexander had light skin, blond hair, and melting blue eyes. A sweet natural fragrance came from his body, so strong that it perfumed his clothes."
This was somehow corroborated by the Greek historian Lucius Flavius Arrianus 'Xenophon' (ca. 86 - 160), who described Alexander as:
>"The strong, handsome commander with one eye dark as the night and one blue as the sky".

It is therefore possible that Alexander had one brown eye and one blue eye.

>sweet natural fragrance came from his body, so strong that it perfumed his clothes."
So you believe this too?
Explain OP image then
That image is worth more than a description that can be edited

>Alexander had light skin, blond hair, and melting blue eyes.

I don't see any source for this.

He probably had one light eye and one dark, and was likely relatively fair-skinned, but there is nothing to suggest he had blond hair and two blue eyes.

Nice

Explain what? Greeks can't be blonde?

I don't think there are any primary sources about his appearance at all.

Of course not. Don't you know that only and only nords can have light features.
Everyone else is sub saharan África

He had heterochromia (one blue eye, one brown eye) you fucking brainlets.

*poisons your wine*

He was an ethnic Macedonian. Ancient Macedonians were considered semi-barbarian and not fully accepted by the other Greek city states as one of them. Even back then, the issue of whether or not they were considered Greek was a debated and contentious issue.

Well their ancient portraits show they werent pale with blonde hair
What about OP pic?
They were closer to greeks in look, modern europeans believe they were pale with light features just claim their history and feel better about themselves

I don't know, I feel like they probably had a slightly higher rate of light hair than Greeks going by mosaics. Probably just due to geography seeing as they are more Northern

The only way we will know for sure is if we can sequence DNA from some Ancient Macedonian remains and compare it to modern populations. I don't think that's been done

Modern macedonians are in no way related to ancient macedonians, they are just slavs
OP pic alexander is not pale with light hair

>It's another "Dominican mulatto LARPS as a Greek because muh Mediterranian heritage" episode

Yeah modern Macedonians are slav larpers but it would be interesting to see who it is that the ancient Macedonians would cluster with

Are you aware of how many years there were between Alexander living and that mosaic being made? It isn't the be-all and end-all representation of what he looked like.

The same can be said for these descriptions of him, hundreds of years after the fact

I'm pretty sure the mosaic is contemporary .

>This is what Medshits actually believe

It isn't

Oh ya it's only like 20-something years after his death. That's not bad

Underfucking rated
Alexander was a swede, and a proud lutheran at that

The mosaic is from 100 BC, Alexander died in 323 BC

So if greeks/ roman were pale skinned with blonde hair as you most modern europeans believe , why would they portrait alexander like that?

Where exactly did I say that all Romans and Greeks were blonde? Or do you think you can read my mind?

As for the second part of your post, they would have portrayed him with dark hair because dark hair was more prevalent. But that's not to say he wasn't fair, because fair greeks do and did exist.

>do you think you can read my mind?
I said most modern europeans believe that, not you
>they would have portrayed him with dark hair because dark hair was more prevalent
Doesnt make sense
>because fair greeks do and did exist
Ancient greek portraits show there wasnt any pale/blonde greek

The light people on greece you see today are slav/germanic that have migrated there

>I said most modern europeans believe that, not you
Well you did say "as you most modern europeans believe"
>Doesnt make sense
Except it does. If you wished to make a mosaic of a historical Swedish figure with no contemporary physical description available, it would be fair to portray him with fair hair, no? Likewise it would make sense to portray Alexander with dark hair based on the fact that dark hair is more prevalent among Greeks.

>Ancient greek portraits show there wasnt any pale/blonde greek
>The light people on greece you see today are slav/germanic that have migrated there
Wait, so you actually believe that there were zero fair-haired Greeks until the Migration Period? Oh kek.

The mosaic is not contemporary. The painting it was based off of is.

Source: Andrew Stuart: Faces of Power

>actually believe that there were zero fair-haired Greeks
Ancient greek portraits

There wasnt any light people in greece or rome, deal with it, you fucking germanics just want to claim their civ and claim they were white

Pathetic

>ywn get a whiff of his majestic macedonian musk
Υ λιυε

Not him but that mosaic is based on a fresco made shortly after Alexander's death.

You realize that you don't have to be Nordic to have blond hair or blue eyes right?