Are Heritage threads allowed on Veeky Forums?

Are Heritage threads allowed on Veeky Forums?

Post your heritage! r8,h8 discuss history.

For mine its mostly speculating past great grandparents. Everyone who knew has died when i was young or before i was born. The only i could really get was from my Grandmother's who dont really know a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SnOvB9ucgNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

template

I am not sure about the pure spaniard part of the family

Nice mix of europe mane

Forget the text
Thanks, almost all Argentine families are similar

your family has suffered so much, fucking ukrainians

Guess my religion

>Burger-Canadian son of a bunch of traitors from russia and g*ermany who fled to UK. on the other side fake countries in early XX century and fucking Romania.

let me guess, jew?

Anglo-Celtic Masterace.
My tree in this threads template.

Finn?

I can't into MS Paint but all I know is that I've got some rare Central American featherneck mixed with some Spaniard and a whole lot of Basque.

Yes I'm a funny looking beaner

As far as I know.

>Not having your whole ancestry coming from the same country
> /pol/ would be ashamed at the amount of filthy migrants and "racemixers" on this board

Correct

No one is insecure enough to care about race-mixing in Veeky Forums, unless its with Germanics or Pajeets then you are filthy.

90% Irish and the rest is British and in Europe near that region
Mom's side: Farmers, roofers
Dad's side: Engineers, technical trade workers, farmers

broadly british, mostly scottish

I made a tree but it's 1AM and I don't wanna get it off my computer, so here's what I had on my phone

PS "south asia" is meant to be Afghanistan, which is in fact in central asia

similar to you user

Well, I'm 100% American, but, ancestrally, I'm about half old-stock Scottish American, a fourth old-stock English American, and an eighth each of Swede and German.
I haven't had a test, though, so this is based mainly on surnames and old family knowledge.

My family tree explains why diasporic Jews are full of self-hatred and we aren't.

Mine's all Canadian. Been here since the early 1700s; some have been here since the 1600s. And some have been here for thousands of years.

>Member of the Hitler Youth
Official membership was compulsory for 'Aryan' adolescents, but it wasn't really enforced (to actually attend the meetings).

What flag is that on the paternal side?

Gambia

Rate mine:

1st great-grandpa: Italian, from Borgo a Mozzano, near Lucca, Tuscany.

2nd great-grandpa: Northern-Irishman from Belfast.

3rd great-grandpa: Portuguese refugee from World War 1.

4th great-grandpa: son of a Italian-French guy and his wife of Portuguese (maybe also Native) origins.
----

1st great-grandma: daughter of an Italian from Milano and an Italian woman from Calabria.

2nd great-grandma: Jewish, from Morrocan origins.

3rd great-grandma: absolutely no idea. Maybe mixed-race, but I don't know.

4th great-grandma: Portuguese-Italian heritage, and I don't know what else (I only have the name)

Also, up to when did you guys trace your roots?

I searched the Borgo a Mozzano archives on familysearch.org (go there!) and found a lot of stuff, from the birth certificate of my great-grandfather and all of his brothers and sisters to the marriage certificate of his father. In this last document I found the names in his paternal genealogy, up to my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, who probably lived somewhere in the early 1700's or mid to late 1600's.

Why the fuck would you post this on an anonymous imageboard? Congratz i guess, you are a very special and unique individual. Did you get what you wanted now?

>1st great-grandpa: Italian, from Borgo a Mozzano, near Lucca, Tuscany.
9/10
>2nd great-grandpa: Northern-Irishman from Belfast.
1/10
>3rd great-grandpa: Portuguese refugee from World War 1.
2/10
>4th great-grandpa: son of a Italian-French guy and his wife of Portuguese (maybe also Native) origins.
5/10
>----
>1st great-grandma: daughter of an Italian from Milano and an Italian woman from Calabria.
8/10
>2nd great-grandma: Jewish, from Morrocan origins.
9/10
>3rd great-grandma: absolutely no idea. Maybe mixed-race, but I don't know.
0/10
>4th great-grandma: Portuguese-Italian heritage, and I don't know what else (I only have the name)
6/10
9+1+2+5+8+9+0+6=40/8
–––––––––––––––––––––
5/10

Maybe because genealogy is a part of our own personal history and we would want to share it so we can learn a little more about the history of each other?

Why do you hate the Northern-Irishmen and the unknown?

That is not your history.

Your history starts with your birth and ends when you die.

Stop being obsesses with your "heritage" it makes look extremely insecure and impliea a severe lack of culture where you live.

kys

I think it's you who lacks culture here. I am very proud of my Italian, Portuguese and Irish heritage, and so were Dante, Michelangelo, Camões and Yeats of theirs. There's nothing uncultured about historically belonging to a certain group and finding pride in it.

Of course, it can escalate to bigotry, in which case it becomes irrational. However, it's not harmful to a feel special sense of belonging when singing Italian or Irish songs, or studying Italian or Irish history. After all, the people of my great-grandfathers created those songs and that history. In fact, I believe it's impossible not to feel it. All you have to do is to make contact with other cultures. Have you ever gone out of your house? I live in Brazil and am forced to talk to people who are completely alien to Western culture, and this only makes me happier and happier about having been born in a Western household, cultivating Western ideals and listening to Italian songs in my dad's old radio.

Thx for proving me right insecure retards.

A mentally stable adult has stuff to be proud of in his own life you guys have nothing thats why you act in this pathetic way.

You claim to be part of a culture that you have never been a part of talk with accents to pretend you are part of a language group while not speaking the language and now the worst part you claim to be part of other people's history and their achievements are yours.

Nobody who actually lives a decent life or is surrounded by a culture would ever dream of doing such a thing.

You guys either live in culture hell-> north america or in a shithole-> africa balkans south america.

>I am very proud of my Italian, Portuguese and Irish heritage, and so were Dante, Michelangelo, Camões and Yeats of theirs. There's nothing uncultured about historically belonging to a certain group and finding pride in it.

You do not belong to these people you are brazilian, you don't know these countries their culture or their language you are larping that's about it.

All that is done in this thread is posting one's families origins and maybe occupations. No one here claimed that's their achievement. You're overreacting.

Those people worked for me. My great-grandfather made inventions and traveled through unexplored waters in the Amazon so his son (my grandfather) could live, and his son lived for my father, who lives for me.

>talk with accents to pretend you are part of a language group while not speaking the language

Typical Anglo who believes learning another language is impossible. As a matter of fact, I do speak Portuguese, English, as well as Italian. I use my natural accent. You can fuck off.

>Nobody who actually lives a decent life or is surrounded by a culture would ever dream of doing such a thing.

This is factually incorrect. Read Dante to see how proud he was of being Italian. Read Petrarca, who basically supported the Mussolini of his day. Read Camões. Read anyone born before Marx and you will see that being proud of one's heritage is completely normal. Oh, I forgot: all of those people were born in uncultured places, because, of course, the only cultured places in the history of the planet are Yale and Berkeley, right?

Read the posts you are larping.

Family history is nothing but a few people that fucked and now you are here.

There is no deeper meaning to it, it absolutely doesn't matter if you are from the usa andyour granddad is from italy when you never been to italy or speak the language or know rhe culture.

It is an insult to every italian if you call yourseld italian just because your granddad was.

Do you fucking get it now?

I sweare to god you heritage faggots are 10000x worse than stormfags and tankies combined.

Yes, I do know those countries, their culture and their language. What language do you think the Irish speak? Norwegian? What language am I speaking now? Hungarian?

I might not know the little details because I haven't lived there, but I know the things that matter. I've read Flann O'Brian, Joyce, Yeats, and memorized Heaney. I've read Dante, Petrarca, Leopardi, and memorized Quasimodo. I watch Fellini and Rosselini. I listen to Palestrina, Monteverdi, Vivaldi, Verdi, and Irish folk music. A Muslim immigrant might know all about greetings and slangs in South East London, but, if he doesn't read Shakespeare, if he doesn't understand British humour, if he doesn't have a sense of British history... Then he is not a Briton.

But then again, neither am I an Irishman. I only claim to be someone who shares the Irish heritage, which I do. However, I do claim to be Italian, but that's because I have an actual, judicial right to Italian citizenship.

Not an anglo actually speaking 6 languages and I am pretty sure you don't speak italian.

Who cares what Dante said? He was a great writer but the fact that he loved his heritage has no bearing on this subject.

The difference between you and dant is that he was italian lived in italy and contributed to this culture.

You are a south american nigger larping as an italian/portugese.

Fix your coubtry and build up a own culture that you can be proud of other than gangs and corruption.

Bye wasted enough time with you.

alright, the "rate my heritage" and stuff is retarded, but what's wrong with just posting your family tree and telling others about your ancestors?

You have never been to or lived in Ireland and you claim to know this culture and be a part of it?

Don't you see yourself how ridiculous that sounds?

You are not Irish you do not know their culture by reading a few books and you are not part of the Irish culture.

Please fly over to Ireland go to a pub an scream "hello my irish brothers I am from the green island myself".

"Canadian tourist murdered after insulting every irish person by claiming his canadian ass has anything to do with us"

You are nothing but a larper sorry mate.

Come puoi avere tanta certezza che io non parlo l'italiano quando nemmeno tu sai chi sono?

Perchè ti faccio arrabiare così quando parlo che sono fiero delle mie origine? Non hai tu anche le tue?

E io non sto nemmeno dicendo che sono Portoghese, soltanto italo-brasiliano... E lo sono!

There is nothing wrong witg that.

Claiming to be part of or knowing the culture is just pathetic and insulting.

Lookt at the Dante larping faggot from brazil that has never been to italy and claiming to be a part of italian culture.

That's a fucking insult.

>You are not Irish you do not know their culture by reading a few books and you are not part of the Irish culture.

Of course I am not Irish, but I am familiar with their culture, and more so than the stupider Irishmen are. Culture is different from manners. A 17th century Irishman and a 23rd century one will find my company more pleasurable than that of your average football fan, for the simple reason that I am familiar with actual culture, which is built to last, and not with manners, which pass by very rapidly.

All I said was:

>Of course, it can escalate to bigotry, in which case it becomes irrational. However, it's not harmful to a feel special sense of belonging when singing Italian or Irish songs, or studying Italian or Irish history. After all, the people of my great-grandfathers created those songs and that history. In fact, I believe it's impossible not to feel it.
>a special sense of belonging

As you can see, it nothing to do with actually being an Irishman. It's merely a sense of having something in me that is Irish, which I do, starting with my surname... When I read about the atrocities in the Congo, I don't feel anything personal at all, although I understand how evil it was. When I read about the Irish famines, I know very well that my ancestors were there and probably suffered many hardships.

Notice how I was careful not to say I had a part on that, writing instead that: ''the people of my great-grandfathers created those songs and that history''.

>personal history
Unfortunately, not everyone is interested in Anons personal history, just like they are not interested about your schooling history, or employment history, or relationship history. This is not the board for any of that. This thread would have been appropriate for this board if you posted information about the personal life of your ancestors, not just where they came from, but you did not. These threads are entirely centred on Anons as individuals, and this cunt even asked to get a rating.

This is the history board of an anonymous imageboard. What can this thread possibly teach us, other than the fact that some anons Cuban great-great grandfather moved to america and married a preschool teacher from Prussia? would be more suited for stuff like this.

Whow you are a real italian I mean you speak the language that means you are part of their culture right?

I had latin in school gee I must be gallius julius.

Why do you bump it while pretending to SAGE if the thread is such shit?

First you said I didn't know the language, now you're already backing from that statement... Hm!

How about you go suck a big dick and stop bumping this thread if it makes you so mad?

It's sad, because I have some really interesting things to say about my ancestors which could give a nice feeling about life in a small city in the Amazon back in the 1920's, with pictures included, but I won't do it because your rudeness showed up before your curiosity, so fuck off.

By the way: I know it's not common on the reddit where you come from, but asking for ratings is nothing but a meme. It's basically means 'What do you think?'. I didn't literally want someone to give it an actual x/10 rating.

Most Afghans are mixed anyway so you probably have more South Asian blood than you think.

Why would anyone leave Europe for Argenfuckingtina

>First you said I didn't know the language, now you're already backing from that statement... Hm!How about you go suck a big dick and stop bumping this thread if it makes you so mad?

Language is one part, btw posting italian online doesnt prove anything.

You have never been to or lived in italy so you clearly have no idea what italian culture is and you are not a part of it.

I keep posting because I love trigger insecure faggots like you withe truth.

I was right from the beginning you live in a desperate shithole and that's why you daydream about being Dante or a venician merchant in the 16th century.

Why don't you invest your larping/daydreaming energy into making brazil a better place so you can be proud of it?

But damn dude you got triggered pretty hard by tbe truth that you are insecure and hate your shithole country.

Finally a question!

I am not Argentinian, but I can tell you why some of my ancestors came to Brazil:

1. my Tuscan and Venetian ancestors came to do business here. In the case of the Tuscan, there was also the war factor. He came in 1911, before the war, but apparently things were already getting somewhat heated and he wanted to do business in peace. At first, he and his brothers established a small business in the state of São Paulo. Then he came to the Amazon, where he was the first person to produce a certain fruit in industrial scale, after inventing the necessary equipment, he was also an architect and the first to explore and name many rivers. The Venetian ancestor opened a small business, also in the Amazon region, and went back to Italy, but some of his children stayed.

2. my Northern-Irish great-grandfather came here as a Baptist missionary in the 1920's. He married a Jewish woman, which I think is curious for showing how more tolerant things were around these parts. Of course there was prejudice, but there was never something in Brazil akin to European or American antisemitism, even though the country was very catholic by then. He always wanted to go back to N-Ireland, taking his wife and kids with him, and he saved some money, but then his mother died back in Belfast in he ended up giving the money to help pay for her burial. He was a physician, the only one in town, just like my other great-grandfather was one of the only architects.

3. My Calabrian ancestor came here with a family member who was a priest. This was very common back then. The country was Catholic, the masses was in Latin, and a significant percentage of the priests were Italian. Some of the bishops still are. My great-great-grandma was from a poor peasant family, and her parents died, so she came here with the priest in question. She spoke no Italian, but rather the local dialect from her region. I do not know which city she was from.

>By the way: I know it's not common on the reddit where you come from

Oh the good old "I get destroyed by you, you have to be from reddit" fallacy

You are really desperate at this point, good to see.

who /meme/ here

>my Northern-Irish great-grandfather came here as a Baptist missionary in the 1920's. He married a Jewish woman
ah yes

?????
It used to be one of the wealthiest countries in the world, as wealthy as the USA. And still today it's relatively wealthy and not a bad place to live.

What a brainlet question.

youtu.be/SnOvB9ucgNM

I put in what I remember off the top of my head. I can go back quite a bit more patrilineally, but i really should look up my matrilineal ancestry too.

DELET

That's completely false

Whoa very cool. I was hoping to find some neat stuff but found pretty much exactly what I expected

Are you implying the more Southern ones wouldn't have any admixture despite living near each other for thousands of years?
>no my ancestors are 100% pure!
All people in Central and South Asia are mongrels of some sort.

Thats really cool user

nice

Mixed is a subjective term, not all genes are the same, unless you go to the first two human beings everyone is mixed according to my definition. You base yours around physical characteristics.
>pure
>mongrels

>everyone is mixed according to my definition.
I'm a native German and I can say I'm at most mixed with only other Germanic people (Western German here). Funny how you call me racist while denying your own ancestry.

>I'm at most mixed with only other Germanic people (Western German here).
Don't forget the Celts, and Gauls, and Mediterraneans, and for your Eastern Countrymen, and Slavs

Don't reproduce.

You have to go back.

What is that flag?

Venice.

How do you spend enough time here to be a known tripfag yet not to recognize one of the most talked about polities on the board?

ayyyy lmao

Post boobies

>best engineering ancestry*

>Having mixed heritage

Mongrels pls go

Literally me but with German. Aryan master race *High five*

I havent read post germanic italy history, it make sad

Lol, mongoloid

Only things I really do know is that I do have historical ancestors who have lived around denmark / sweden canal 300-100 years ago, some have lived in the eastern region of finland / karjala and my dad's dad has minimal heritage from scotland, but that is pretty much all I know.
(And care about).

I honestly can't go any further. both sides of my family were nothing but farmers who weren't literate until 2 generations ago.

you have to go back

Why? Every human being on this planet can become an American.

Agnostic

>Every human being on this planet can become an American.
i'm the guy he replied to and even I don't believe that

I remember watching ROME, and i never related more with what a character on a TV show said than when the horse jew's brother told him this.

"you breathe this fetid air of Rome, but you are not Roman. You walk her beshitted streets, you speak her mongrel language, but you're not Roman.,you're a Jew. you may forget that, they never will"

that last line really stuck with me.

>spic, frog, guido and argie

I'm so sorry.

>doesn't post his own

Typical.

I consider myself as russian with a russian mentality and part of ukranian blood

ok...

you are part sogdian, that's really cool

>I consider myself as russian with a russian mentality
Did the tajik branch of your family move there during the Great Game? Because otherwise I don't see how you could consider yourself russian over tajik or ukrainian.

To where? I didn't ask to be born.