Save me

Convince me that I'm going down the wrong path

I'm taking a huge liking to imperial Germany, tell me why they were evil.

I know that Germany was a disunified shithole that kept ruining Europe over and over again, and kraut nature is solely to destroy.

Imperial Germany is far too aesthetic though. The colorized photos, the borders, the weaponry (I'm buying a commission rifle soon).

I wouldn't call myself a ouiaboo but I do like french history somewhat, and clearly the two are incompatible. Who do I cheer for? Besides WWI and Willy's other fuck ups, what evils did imperial Germany do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_of_Belgium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_of_Belgium

Imperial Germany wasn't any more or less evil than Britain or France. It simply bought into the idea of ruthlessly idealistic nationalism, and had the industrial capacity to make that a highly destructive belief.

>unrestricted U-Boat activity
>first to use chemical weapons

Muh anglos and frogs were just as bad.

>unrestricted U-Boat activity
>first to use chemical weapons

All products of scientific zeal that pervaded the Western World in the 20th century, it's just that the Germans had the most scientific zeal at that time, so they made the biggest strides. You might as well demonize them for using machineguns.

That doesn't give them the fucking right to sink stuff like the Lusitania

stop being a Kraut apologist, they were horrible during WW1

>Convince me that I'm going down the wrong path
Why? Imperial Germany was the apex of German civilization.

>The two are incompatible

I'm French and obviously massively proud of my country, it's culture and history, but I'm also a big Deutschlandboo especially the 2nd Reich.
I'm now living in Germany and there never been any incompatibility between the two.

t. Nazi rape baby

The Lusitania was smuggling weapons to Britain. If anything, the immoral action was giving people cheap tickets for a ticking time bomb and using their deaths as a casus belli.

Even if it was smuggling weapons it still had thousands of CIVILIANS on it

That's a bigger fault of the Brits and Americans than it is of the Germans. They deliberately put weapons on a civilian ship to increase the likelihood of them making it to the war front. It's like taking a hostage as a human shield.

Very unlikely, I'm also half English but British history disgust me a bit

If you need to believe something is evil to not be an ideologue devoted to it youre already an ideologue devoted to something else

>inb4 radical centrism

My point is that there's no "neutral" ground so by all means stand by your opinions but surrender to moralism and deny nuance, the world is complicated af and youre lying to yourself to say otherwise

And the Brits decided to use those civilians as meat shields. They are the fucked up ones.

>thousands of CIVILIANS on it
That only make USA/UK role even worse user, its like if germany put childrens in the trenchs and them scream MHU CIVILIANS DEATHS when the entente uses heavy artillery

What if imperial Germany annexed Austria?

there is even an anime about it

It was narrated that Sa’eed ibn Jubayr said: Ibn ‘Abbaas said to me: “Have you gotten married?”

I said: “No.”

He said: “Get married, for the best of this ummah are the ones with the most wives.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5069).

>german
>civilization
Here we go...

The duck is the best girl.

>I wouldn't call myself a ouiaboo but I do like french history somewhat, and clearly the two are incompatible. Who do I cheer for?

>Who do I cheer for?

Why are you picking sides? Do you not want to know all you can about France and Germany? Studying history is about impartiality, you can have your preferences sure, but why argue with yourself about which dead empire is better?

They did some pretty awful stuff in Africa. Yeah, yeah, I know thats the pot calling the kettle black, but Mengele basically used the African colonies as a dry run for the camps.

Wasn't German East Africa run pretty well? Like the guys they sent there actually thought the white man's burden was legit. Their West & South African colonies were pretty shit, tho.

Imperial Germany wasn't evil, just ill-managed. Bismarck, imo, is the guy who really fucks it all up; man designed a system that could only work with his old ass in charge, then he never makes an exit plan. No protege, no plan for a group of people to carry his vision forward, no longterm planning re: allies and enemies. Freezing out France forever was never going to last.

As far as the conflict between French & German histories, just think of them as being part of the same whole, because they are. Ultimately, the history of French expansion is at the economic and geographical loss of the Germans, and German unification was all about stopping the French & Russians from controlling the statelets of Western & Central Germany.

>but Mengele basically used the African colonies as a dry run for the camps.
>Mengele
>born in 1911
>was 7 when Germany lost all her colonies

>Wasn't German East Africa run pretty well? Like the guys they sent there actually thought the white man's burden was legit. Their West & South African colonies were pretty shit, tho.
Guy who made the German Colonialism infopic here to chime in. German East Africa was run decently compared to other colonies in the region and was often called Germany's India but the conditions in the colony were fucking atrocious. Slavery was heavily prevalent as well as "indentured servitude" (in parentheses for the simple fact that until 1907 they were just slaves by a different name)
thanks to the Arab Revolt halting any real chance of Germany ending the practice in a timely manner, but they were slated to be fully phased out by 1918 before the war messed up the time table. Logistically, the colony was a fucking mess, no matter what Schnee had to say about it. They had serious advances in forestry and game management which the region wouldn't see again until almost the 2000s. Education was also a high priority in the colony in order to cut down on Muslim infiltration in the colony as well as boost agricultural output. Having such educated local ministers surprised the British when they moved in. Kamerun was basically a military outpost designed to delay French and British colonial troops from entering Europe if it came down to it, which it did, and it did it's job superbly despite being vastly outnumbered. You can read more about that in Strachan's book on WWI in Africa. German Togoland was their best run colony and that was mostly predicated on the locals being willing to work with the German administration as well as the necessary logistics already being mostly in place. Southwest Africa was a shit show from start to finish.
1/2

All things considered, Germany's colonies differed so wildly it's difficult to say whether or not they were run well overall or not and I'm leaning towards the latter due to the sheer fact there was no real organization until far too late in their ventures. Knoll and Hiery, people far more qualified than me, seem to think they were the lesser evil in Africa and I don't disagree with that considering the good things they did, despite the very fucked up ways they did e.g. sleeping sickness cures.

2/2

thats just a meme

Imperial Germany wasn't any more evil than any other colonial power.

Von Trotha losing the fucking plot in Namibia sort of undoes a lot of the good they achieved elsewhere

>the borders
The borders are absolute fucking trash, though. Especially the internal ones.