Tfw studied history but can't find a fucking job

>tfw studied history but can't find a fucking job

>Get an internship at a museum and go back for a phd while working.
>become a police officer and mostb likey rise through the ranks since you'll be the only recruit who has a degree.
>join the military as an officer and go into active duty for 4-6 years and get a free education.
>go to law school with more student loans and grants.
>die in a whole 30-40 years from now as a broke wagecuck without anyone who cares.

These are your options.

become a teacher, since they're always in demand
it's a stressful job, with low pay (at least in my country) and you'll have to deal with insufferable retarded kids and parents, but look on the bright side, you might get some little user interested in history

He chose the 5th option. Kek

are you only interested in working as a historian? Because if so then you'll need to go to grad school and then become a professor. If you're just trying to find any work then you aren't looking hard enough.

List all the jobs you applied to in September.

I have an interest in living in the UK for a time. Had a look at museum jobs in the UK and there's plenty of entry level positions available. I assumed with the high population density and large number of old people that have to die paid positions outside of cleaners and security would be supervisory only, but there is plenty

>you'll need to go to grad school and then become a professor
The problem is that universities are already stuffed to the gills with history PhDs. You'll have better luck looking for museum work or teaching at the high school level.

It's a good basis to start at. If you get yourself involved with a museum and explain your ambitions you'll work your way up and learn a lot in the process.
Once you feel comfortable there, start applying to new museums and get the basis of that place. The more experience and longer the resume you have of different museums the better off you are. You'll make it but an internship or two is extremely necessary to get into a museum to start. Hopefully they'll just hire you after but hope is a struggling student's worse advice.

Look into it user. You'll be ok but an undergrad is surely not enough.

>26 y/o
> got PhD in cultural Anthropology one yeah ago
>No job opportunity in European universities
>Only offered shitty internships
>Go to see my banker to sign papers
>"I see you still don't have correct revenues M. user... Maybe it's time to pull your fingers out of your ass somehow..."
>Banker is younger and does not even have a BA.

what about working for a think tank, you've obviously shown you know how to do research and write papers

>become an American-sponsored mercenary in the Ukraine, fighting for blood, money, and gibs.

Nobody wants to hire an anthropologist/sociologist, especially a private company. We're not productive, we only know to be critical

what jobs did you apply for in september

I should have made it clear I'm not OP, just relaying my experience. Currently have natural history museum experience and secured it relatively easily. I'm lucky in that the conditions that allowed me the opportunity existed I suppose, but still. Hoping to get a front of house supervisor of volunteers role at an art gallery off the back of that, failing that a living history museum job. Two years time I plan on being overseas.

I have 52 hrs to teach methodology in a french uni for freshmen students this semester. But as always I'll be paid 6 months later
Applied in a Belgian museum
Applied for the next batch of civil servant exams

I should say however:
Thanks for the advice. With the contractual nature of many of the jobs available here it would be something I would have developed naturally should it be a field I'm interested in, the tropical tourist season is over winter, the southern over summer.

I'm feeling it, nigga. Just finished my degree and am trying to get a job at university nearby that will pay for my doctorate. On the plus side, I've been working in senior care for two years at the company's premier location and I've made a good impression, a masters in public health would guarantee me a great job.

Just remember what the head bad bitch in charge Michelle Obama once said - "Neither pleasure nor pain should enter as motives when one must do what must be done"

>>join the military as an officer and go into active duty for 4-6 years and get a free education.
take this one. I'm a type 1 diabetic so this was never an option, but I really, really wish it was.

This is why I study masscomm at my college, while studying history with myself.

why in the world did you think it was a good idea to study history in the first place? for fucks sake there is no money to be made in the subject. Builders, welders and plumbers make more than fucking doctorates

>die in a whole

A whole what?

You forgot taking a job which requires a degree but it doesn't matter which degree. Most people actually don't get a job related to their degree so it doesn't matter.

No interest in anything else and i have parents who have never came close to university nor has anyone else in my family so they told me to do what i enjoy.

>become a police officer and mostb likey rise through the ranks since you'll be the only recruit who has a degree.

i hate being British. Its so fucking hard to get a job in the police here since everybody wants it and it pays alright. If i was a Yank id probably get a job just by being able to write my name and count

Might be hard to move over here with an entry level Job since the gub'mint recently said it wants all Non-EU citizens earning less than £35k to leave the country which is going to have the effect of pushing mainly Aussies,Yanks and leafs out. They may have compromised on it though not sure

>Not having a second major that can get you a job

I love philosophy man but I'm getting an economics degree and applying for internships at banks so I don't end up scrubbing floors and sucking cocks for rent money

That's annoying. I'll have to see how that affects working holiday and ancestry visas.

If you have indefinite leave to remain through citizenship (British or Irish) or some other way you're fine

£35k?
Christ, I wouldn't even be allowed to stay in America if that were a requirement here.

Seems I'm fine for the moment re the visa I want

Most states require police officers to have a 4 year degree in criminal justice before they can apply. Police in large cities get terrible pay but some towns in the suburbs pay their police more than 100k a year, plus benefits and a pension

if you learned how to use GIS (I got into it on classes on historical cartography and digital history) go into that kinda work, its what I did, its fucking gr8.

That's good news, I've got a useless BA in art history and k need to find a job pretty fucking soon,I need to give that a look.

Where you based senpai?

I'm not really based anywhere atm, I'm currently in Germany doing some volunteering stuff, trying to learn the language in the process

I studied the same shit. Do some refugee/integration work, Bro.

I know someone who does part-time work in museums, she says it's pretty easy to find a job in some capacity

PS. Please don't bother if you're black

>getting a job with an econ bachelors

>want to work at a museum
>there's fucking museum related degrees now

Same shit for libraries. Goddamn it I just want to work like a fucking adult and not a wageslave but every fucking job basically says "Go back to school for 2 years if you want our shitty $20,000 a year job."

I tried that route, went two years learning this shit only to fuck up at the end. Reasons being, I hate being the center of attention, especially in the case of kids as I found out and I can't keep up with planning daily lessons that aren't too hard or too easy.

Honestly being more educated and not finding work hurts more. Like I just have a bachelor's in History and I feel like goddamn shit wageslaving with the fucking morons who couldn't even pass high school and have to either get a GED or pass some online school.

Feel like killing myself sometimes. Only really living because my family gives a shit about me.

>Tfw studying Corporate and Tax law Master Degree

I hope I'm gonna make it

All I wanted was to study history, then again I wasn't stupid about my studies choice.