Do you believe the dollar will die by 2020?

McAfee believes Bitcoin will go to $500K by 2020, mostly because the dollar will be in hyperinflation by then. Entitlement programs and pensions will die, housing prices will plummet, the stock market will be remembered as a racket and boomers will die by the millions, impaled by maniacally happy millennials. It will be the first time millennials are truly happy.

Cliff High foresees the same scenario, but happening as soon as mid-2018. Peter Schiff goes to bed and dreams of a US Gov. default... and of his gold.

Do you believe it? Are you moving your money to crypto or gold because of the impending death of the US dollar?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrodollar_recycling
reddit.com/r/videos/comments/5m033h/clip_from_showtimes_john_mcafee_documentary_he/
didthesystemcollapse.com/
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/T10Y2Y
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/T10Y2YM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

McAfee believes that regularly consuming the feces of prostitutes grants him immortality.

Since when do we care what McAfee believes?

Stop spreading FUD about our one true GOD.

That's the type of change I would personally like to see

>muh hyperinflation

Hasn't happened. Isn't going to happen.

Funny you should say that. China just announced they will begin oil trade in Yuan + Gold. Venezuela to trade oil outside the dollar as announced a few days ago. Arab states have already been in talks with China + Russia on replacing the dollar.

Petrodollar collapse very soon now. With it America will lose its super power status in short time.

>le 2007
>what an idiot shorting real estate.
>hasmt happened, won't happen
>2008: pink wojak spam

If the dollar does start crashing could you invest in oil when it crashes and then sell it for whatever new currency starts trading oil?

> Bitcoin will go to $500K by 2020

Come on you fucks, I'm balls deep into crypto and even I'm not deluded enough to believe that. If I'm lucky, it'll be at at least 12k by 2020, but 500k? get the fuck outta here...

he truly is /ourguy/

Dont ever fucking doubt mcafee.

He is a neet turned GOD

Definitely not. BTC maximalists will carry BTC to their grave.

$500k with hyperinflation is not going to be a lot of money, genius.

combat this FUD

If you buy in dollars you have to sell in dollars, but you wouldn't really lose value as the price of oil cant change much because of current production and output. So that's not a bad option to preserve wealth.

For the best wealth preservation in commodities id go for gold. Im currently invested in some paper and physical gold just as a safety precaution so I don't lose too much of my money since the rest of it is invested in stocks and forex or just sitting in a bank which would be adversely affected by a crashing dollar.

Hope this helps!

a loaf of bread would cost at least 1k, plus 10k transaction fee

That's why my question was whether hyperinflation will happen, not whether we'll be getting lambos.

BTC will easily live for at least 100 years.

Yes it helps but I'm confused. I thought if you bought in dollars, you could sell it in another currency.

Hyperinflation is destined to happen, who knows when. We might get lambos, if crypto gets mainstream adoption

>Do you believe it? Are you moving your money to crypto or gold because of the impending death of the US dollar?

No. I'm in crypto for the long term, but I want to make enough to buy property outright. Even if the system collapses I'll at least have somewhere to live and rent others for something.

How do you know he's wrong about that?

I'm not super well versed, just started investing in the last few years actively. But read a lot about it. As far as I know oil has to be bought and sold in dollars currently no matter where. Other commodities are generally done in dollars as well but other currencies can be used.

There is also forex, currency trading, which can be done with pretty much all currencies. I trade the dollar and peso often against each other.

people have been saying america is turning into zimbabwe every year since 2009

inflation has been lower than we expected (

>oil has to be bought and sold in dollars currently no matter where.
Yes that true en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrodollar_recycling but the thing the other anons are talking about is that more countries are making more bilateral agreements to bypass the USD.

If the dollar goes into hyperinflation, you're gonna see the society collapse around you. Bitcoin isn't gonna save you from that.

Dollar losing its value is the stupidest idea ever...and a shit collapse on everything else too included shitcoins and gold..if the dollar goes everything else goes goof balls

>McAfee Pill
who is this guy and wath he did''''?explain please

yes, this is me hedging my bets. global economies are a cooked book

We didn't get hyperinflation after 2008. Even with the Federal Reserve's massive money printing programs we've only seen very low inflation outside of sectors like housing, stocks, health care, and education

we didn't get hyperinflation, but we did get the reinflation of the housing bubble with housing prices higher now than in 2008. We've seen the stock market reinflate with debt-financed corporate stock buybacks. We got massive inflation in higher education costs. Basically anything debt financed, other than cars, has seen prices skyrocket thanks to all the QE. And other things have gotten cheaper largely due to Amazon and importing absolutely everything from China and Mexico.

The only reason most of you even buy bitcoin is because you expect to flip it for a profit in fiat eventually.

Ohh yes yes, I wrote that in a post earlier in the thread. China was the new one today that announced they will soon start trading oil in yuan + gold. Venezuela likewise the other day.

wait what, gimme a sauce on that

That guy is /b/ not Veeky Forums

reddit.com/r/videos/comments/5m033h/clip_from_showtimes_john_mcafee_documentary_he/

Thanks user

Everything always works its way out in the end. In 10 years we'll be living in another golden age.

We have disguised inflation. Not hyperinflation, yet.

But ffs, the Fed printed trillions. Yellen is the fall chair. How do people not see this? Bernanke fucked us all and will enjoy watching the carnage from his jew mansion

low according to who? The govt even admits the CPI doesn't actually measure inflation, but racks consumer spending patterns that change as prices change. The CPI doesn’t even touch the falling value of money. If it did the CPI would look much differen They can change which goods or how they are weighted on a whim. And the exact system by which they do so is secret.

Trump will be the patsy.

What will happen to the mortgages, then?

Mortgages are not the main concern. Housing will appreciate until the crash.

Equities are where most of the fake money ended up. Bonds aren't giving the yields necessary to maintain themselves, the crash will start with pensions and auto/student loans.

When welfare is rescinded is the tipping point for social order.

didthesystemcollapse.com/

As soon as pensions and student loans become a problem, people will have to sell their houses and sell them fast to stay above water. Pensions might come first, but the housing market is the dynamite that will make everything explode.

Nah, we are occupying North Korea, Iran, or Venezuela before we let the dollar collapse.

>housing prices will plummet
I don't think you know how hyperinflation works

Pay attention to 2y/10y bond yeilds you dirty brainlets, when it goes under 1 that's your first clue that it's party time

not really if the economy collapses exchanges will be the first to go, theres no way to turn bitcoin into fiat unless a idiot buys your bitcoin in fiat

Google "hyperbitcoinization", a term coined around 2012

You don't know what hyperinflation is either.
The FED will never let hyperinflation happen.

>thinking either of those scams are good
look kiddo, buy a good buisness, hold it 4 lyfe,grow with it
this is the only way to get rich and retire no poverty

>2y/10y bond yeilds
Isn't the yield at 0.83? Now what?
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/T10Y2Y

Sorry i misspoke, i meant under 0.

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/T10Y2YM

If the system collapses nobody is gonna recognize your property rights

>trump will be the patsy

This, he is an easy scapegoat with the media bashing on him 24/7

Im holding until bitcoin becomes mainstream and i can spend it everywhere,not cashing out for paper money plus im not paying tax.

how retarded do you have to be not to realize - once shitcoins/shitchain is a threat to global currency the game is over for it

>He thinks you can just "occupy" a country with thermonuclear weapons

Get fucked burgerland.

Are you ready Veeky Forums?

I personally dont believe things will crash for a long time, maybe not even next decade. because when it happens it will be THE crash that awakens everyone to this entire western scam.

The dollar is not dying. I think it will strenghten from here. It has weakened somewhat because of retards in congress blocking a rise of the debt ceiling.

If the dollar died what would investors buy? Probably other FIAT currencies such as Swiss Franc, Kronor, Yen and other first world net exporters