sourcebooks.fordham.edu/basis/stgall-charlemagne.asp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayeux_Tapestry#Origins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Frisian_language
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HURRRRRRRRRRR ME CIVILIZED

>the french
kek

They only ruled for 90 years, I don't see what changed

The Normans were not french, they were Norman.

Being in denial will not change the fact that French conquered you and turned your language into a mutt language ?

They viewed themselves as Normans, kinda how a New Yorker thinks of himself as way different from a Jersey nigger

>tfw the Anglo-Saxons destroyed Romano-British civilization

They viewved themselves as French and the Angevins that conquered you after them also were also French btw

I see you're being purposefully retarded

Being in denial will not change anything.

It's not like you are Anglo-Saxon anyway, you're mostly Britons LARPing as Germans.

>OUI WUZ CONQUEREURS ET SHIT

What the fuck are the "French" anyway. Are they Gauls, Romans or Franks?

Mostly franks but they claim gaul heritage because they are ashamed as germanics were savage
Lol, WE WUZ CELTIC and shit

Look at that, germanics raped/killed the shit out them and in the future they claim being celtic

Good

>tfw you can't find a wojak face for celtic/pict/briton peoples.

>romans destroyed celtic civilization

We're the trash of the continent, the dead end of every miserable destiny, we're made up of the worst scum that decided to leave its civilization.
AMA

False we aren't ashamed by our Celtic ancestry unlike Anglos

Franks were just one Gaulish tribe by the way, calling us so is like calling all French "Parisians".

When Julian,whom God hated, was slain in the Persian war by a blow from heaven, not only did the transmarine provinces fall away from the Roman Empire, but also the neighbouring provinces of Pannonia, Noricum, Rhætia, OR IN OTHER WORDS THE GERMANS AND THE FRANKS OR GAULS .

THE KINGS OF THE FRANKS (OR GAULS) began to decay in power because they had slain Saint Didier, Bishop of Vienna, and had expelled those most holy visitors, Columban and Gall.

WHEREUPON A RACE OF THE HUNS, WHO HAD ALREADY OFTEN RAVAGED FRANCIA AND AQUITANIA(THAT IS TO SAY THE GAULS AND THE SPAINS), now poured out with all their forces, devastated the whole land like a wide-sweeping conflagration, and then carried off all their spoils to a very safe hiding-place.

sourcebooks.fordham.edu/basis/stgall-charlemagne.asp

Wow, this is another lever of we wuzzing

there are records that a group of germanics tribes called Franks invaded and settled in gaul

I dont know why you are so in denial about this

>romano-britons continue living a civilised, christianised, urban lifestyle whilst speaking latin
>what the fuck do these blond pagans we hired think they're doing?
>civilisation in britain is set back centuries and you have to start all over again
>baths, aqueducts, theatres, etc go to ruin
fuck man

based on the descriptions of how gauls looked. I'm gonna say most of the mediterannean looking french are roman. The more western or northern european looking ones gauls. Franks probably not many of them

>tfw English and Dutch would be mutually intelligible today if it weren't for the N*rmans

Romano-British civilization never existed. As soon as Rome left, everything collapsed. Nothing to do with the Saxons

no they wouldn't

>christianity maintained
>latin continues to be spoken and literacy is common
>imports of luxury goods from the mediterranean continues
>bathhouses, aqueducts, etc maintained and repaired
yes it did

>speaking French is the only requirement for being French
hardly, they were culturally and ethnically distinct from the French despite speaking the same language, they did not conider themselves Franks.

>Being in denial will not change the fact that French conquered you
I'm not English and I don't care about that, this is a history board so I'm insisting on factual accuracy

This is your brain on Hebrew Mythology.

The dark ages were brutal~

Sauce? I'm not doubting your claim, just want to read about Roman Britons.

>The Welsh arent British, they're Welsh
>The Texans arent American, they're Texans

>I'm not English and I don't care about that,
>proceed to make several posts to "prove" that the French din't conquer England

Go ahead Nigel explain me why the French that conquered you called themselves French and not Normand ?

>HIC EST WILLEL[MUS] DUX
>Here is Duke William
>E[USTA]TIUS
>Eustace
>HIC FRANCI PUGNANT ET CECIDERUNT QUI ERANT CUM HAROLDO
>Here the French are fighting and have killed those who were with Harold
>HIC HAROLD REX INTERFECTUS EST
>Here King Harold is slain
>ET FUGA VERTERUNT ANGLI
>and the English have turned in flight

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayeux_Tapestry_tituli

That's Anglo-Saxons calling the Normans French

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayeux_Tapestry#Origins

Normans call themselves Norman in their own sources, and the French call them Normans too

Honestly I think we got the better end of the deal. Imagine if english never got the french influence and we were stuck with germanic linguistic conventions
>every fucking substance named "___stuff"
>every animal named "___pig"
>unchecked agglutination everywhere

>The earliest known written reference to the tapestry is a 1476 inventory of Bayeux Cathedral,[7] but its origins have been the subject of much speculation and controversy.

>Found in Bayeux Normandy
>I-it was totally done by us Anglo !!!!!!!

You're starting to sounds like a nigger

>Normans call themselves Norman in their own sources

Source : your ass

>and the French call them Normans too
We call our French brothers inhabiting Normandie "Normands" that's true, like you call Northumbrians "English" or like Germans call Bavarians "Germans"

Anyway you shoul give up, even in your own country it is aknowledged that we conquered your country

THIS

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Frisian_language

"As late as 1599, the London dramatist Thomas Dekker could introduce whole scenes in the mixed Frisian-Dutch argot of the coast in The Shoemaker's Holiday, in confidence that his English-speaking audience could follow it.[1]"

>When Julian,whom God hated, was slain in the Persian war by a blow from heaven
divine intervention is not real

>culturally distinct from the French
>Normans
No they weren't.
>ethnically distinct
Not really either.