Serious Crypto Advice

First post here, so I'm ready to disappoint you all. I'm looking for some advice on three questions:

>Is Bitcoin worth investing in right now, or should I see how the weekend goes?
>What cryptocurrency is worth a shot the most right now?
>How do you distinguish the relative value of different cryptocurrencies? Is it all conjurer's tricks, or are there actual, quantifiable differences? If so, which qualities are positive?

Are there any actual, legitimately informative resources on cryptocurrencies available that aren't trying to sell you something?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadcoins.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NO ONE FUCKIN KNOWS

>asking Veeky Forums for advice
You aren't going to make it.

source?

Not asking and going nowhere is definitely not going to help me improve myself. Asking somewhere anonymous where there's at least a chance of honesty is actually better than nothing.

Buy and hodl man its pretty simple don't try and be a fancy super slick day trader extraordinaire

It's my impression that it's going to go up in the long term. I don't know much about trading, so I'm just trying to experiment and get my foot in the door.

Is there a particular two coins you would recommend? Bit and XRP?

1. The earlier you get into bitcoin the better. Obviously, there's going to be periods like the one we're in right now that has more favorable prices, but dont think that bitcoin will drop back to 2k ever again.
2. Anything connected with any major players (Google, VISA etc.) that has an active dev and an idea that isn't complete shit
3. In order for you to figure that out, learn how to read fucking whitepages, they'll take you farther than Veeky Forums ever will.

I'm only in BTC, LTC and ETH. Own a small amount of BNB. XRP is probably a good choice but i don't know much about it

>whitepages
Y-You're using lingo. I rarely roam, so I don't know this stuff. What are those? Any chance of a quick helpful link/source? I am trying to get more knowledge.

And thanks for my advice. That was my pleb assessment, as well.

Okay. I'll look into them!

Dear /pol/, please do five minutes of lurking at least. coinmarketcap.com for your shitcoin abbreviations and market cap.

Come back after you've memorized them.
you can buy btc ltc and eth on coinbase
you need to learn about wallets
and exchanges
and security
and not being a faggot

I've done some research on most of those. And it's /r9k/, tyvm. I'll try to improve.

whitepages are essentially what the developers of the coins release to outline there tech and goals.

www.
google.
com

>WIN BIG QUICK WITH THESE 5 EASY TIPS

That's the sort of result. Better to come to somewhere anonymous, where people can either talk shit or help at their own accord.

I'll look into it. Generally nothing too ambitious and security is key?

>>Is Bitcoin worth investing in right now
fuck yeah nigga what the fuck are we always talking about in here?

*whitepapers sorry its almost 3am over here. Basically its a proposal/plan that blockchain companies create that explain what they're trying to do with the coin and whatnot. If a company has an active dev team and an idea that isn't shit, then it's usually a good investment. Just look up the whitepaper of any coin you're interested in and read the entire thing from start to finish. It's a shit job but it's helped me not invest in bullshit coins like tokencard or legends

Buy btc Ltc sprinkle a little bit of eth in and then do research on other coins. Try not to buy when you're feeling fomo on an alt because there is a good chance you'll get burned.

* There are over 1000 cryptocurrencies and crypto assets.
* There is over $127 billion dollars poured into them.
* Most of their developer teams haven't created a working product.
* deadcoins.com/ shows a list of over 600 dead cryptocurrencies, many of which seemed promising at first.

You're gonna want to buy some bitcoin off a website like coinbase. After this send it to a wallet. I use Electrum for bitcoin and Exodus for ETH, OMG. You can find wallets for specific coins often from the company's website. Myetherwallet.com is a popular online wallet that can be used for many altcoins. You can then send your bitcoin from your wallet to exchanges, Bittrex for example. Here you can trade your BTC for whatever coins you think will moon.

Good luck.

Thanks for the great advice! I've created a BTC wallet on my PC (not doing an online BTC wallet). Do other coins offer wallets hosted by the devs? Are online wallets for other coins worthwhile, and only keep BTC offline (preferably on a PC that's not online)?

I'm trying to decipher what you said, but you're basically saying buy those three and done trade hot-headed and on a whim?

This. Especially on normie base, when i started that's what i did and i just threw 30% away.

Get onto gdax, put some buy orders in at some small dip and just sit on it. Maybe buy some smaller coins for small steady gains: BAT, monero etc.

This. Or else you end up being like the pink wojacks from a few days ago, panic selling and losing thousands. Speculation on small market cap coins should be at maximum 10% of your portfolio.

Basically your question amounts to "Is there a collection of information telling me exactly how to invest my money in cryptocurrencies for the most profit"

If this existed, do you know what would happen? Everyone would follow it, and then it would stop existing. Let's call this the "crowd effect"

This is the nature of financial markets, especially brand new ones like this

The true answer is: there is no answer, nobody has the answers. We just have to wait and find out.

The only real answer which is impervious to the crowd effect is blind market cap weighted indexing with a short rebalancing interval

>had finger on buy button at 3k
>was convinced not to because it would likely drop closer to 2k

please Veeky Forums tell me it will dip again soon

>The only real answer which is impervious to the crowd effect is blind market cap weighted indexing with a short rebalancing interval
Note: and even then, crypto may fail against traditional financial markets. It's a real possibility still let's not be naive here, even though the blockchain is amazing this might not end up being that big. Normies might not go for it, and normies are the rulers since most people are normies and that's where most of the money is

tl;dr
50% total stock market index funds
25% total bond market index funds
25% total crypto market index funds

If you don't want to do a total crypto market index fund (since they don't exist and you'd have to implement it yourself crudely) just invest in BTC, it's the real deal. ALL other cryptos are tied to BTC, it's the girth of the ocean that lifts up the rest of the boats

>Crypto index fund.
I want this stupid shit so bad.

is copay a good wallet?