Veeky Forums photos thread

Preferably colorized and high resolution.
Old thread: >Street photographer in Warsaw, 1946

Other urls found in this thread:

twistedsifter.com/2015/04/rare-color-photos-of-the-russian-empire-from-100-years-ago/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Girl in traditional Black Forest costume, ~1900

Mata Hari, a Dutch exotic dancer and courtesan who was convicted of being a spy for Germany during World War I and executed by firing squad in France

Russian Empire in color - A group of Jewish children with a teacher in Samarkand, (in modern Uzbekistan), ca. 1910

Japanese Archers c. 1860-1900

Synagogue in Nuremberg, demolished by the Nazis in 1938

Russian Empire in color - Emir Seyyid Mir Mohammed Alim Khan, the Emir of Bukhara, seated holding a sword in Bukhara, (present-day Uzbekistan), ca. 1910

A street in Vienna in 1900

A traditional carnival costume from Rottweil, Germany, 1900

The city of Rottweil in 1900

Russian Empire in color - A general view of Sukhumi, Abkhazia and its bay, seen sometime around 1910 from Cherniavskii Mountain

Castle in Schwerin, 1900

Flower Street Vendor, Paris, 1914

Russian Empire in color - Isfandiyar Jurji Bahadur, Khan of the Russian protectorate of Khorezm (Khiva, now a part of modern Uzbekistan), full-length portrait, seated outdoors, ca. 1910

OH. THIS IS THAT PHOTO EXPEDITION THAT WAS COMMISSIONED BY THE TSAR? I forgot the guy's name, but I know he invented a technique to color his photos.

Sergey Mikhaylovich Prokudin-Gorsky
twistedsifter.com/2015/04/rare-color-photos-of-the-russian-empire-from-100-years-ago/

Marie Curie in her laboratory

Prokudin-Gorsky.

What's with the medals?
Pic is Dagestani Sunni.

Mostly Dalmatia and Herzegovina. These were painted over with the color in the old tehnique.

Dalmatia and Herzegovina 2

Dalmatia and Herceg. 3

Dalmatia and Herceg 4

Dalmatia and Herceg 5

Dalmatia n' Herceg 6

Dalmatia and Hercegovina 7

Dalmatia n' Herszek 8

Dalmazia e Hersegovina 9

DnH 10

Dalmacia ve Hercegov'na 11

Thats about that that I have. These were taken either just prior to ww1 or just after.

someone posted most of the pics I usually post in the last thread so im out again.

Walt Whitman

Louis Armstrong playing his trumpet at the Sphinx.

The White Death himself. That wound never healed right.

1938, women boxing on the roof

Probably one of the most famous holocaust images

Those are some feminine hips

Dude, that guy doesn't look too shabby for someone who's been through the wringer.

If you ignore that he is clearly starving, yeah.