Thread about any period or event in U.S history

>Thread about any period or event in U.S history.
>Invariably devolves into a shit sling fest about the Vietnam War.

Let's all have a U.S history general and see where this goes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>see where it goes
>loses a war to rice farmers

>Philippine American War
>Guerrilla war in a jungle shithole
>Crushing victory
>Never talked about like it's a great shame

>Vietnam War
>Also a guerrilla war in a jungle shithole
>Humiliating defeat
>Americans won't ever fucking shut up about it

if you kill the enemy they win

>American """""history""""""

>American exceptionalism

>mfw America becomes exceptional because it's the only remaining country with white Christians after the Second Civil War purges the south and the Great Jihad conquers Europe

Who would win in a dick spinning contest?
Macarthur or Patton

MacArthur would rebuild dicks the world over in America's image, while Patton would ram his dick through anything in it's path without condoms on the flanks. Both have their uses.

>mfw America becomes exceptional because it's the only remaining country with white Christians after the Second Civil War purges the south and the Great Jihad conquers Europe

t. assblasted Slav

American "Christianity" isn't really Christianity. And their white people aren't really white either.

America is the evil empire.

Lol you lost vietnam, hahaha

You the same Mexican guy that posts this on /int/?
>humiliating defeat
Except we don't paint it that way. I personally don't mind since it lead to a mass-reorganization of our military and allowed us to use the experience to
>develop the F-15, F-14, F-16, and F-18
>completely revamp how we trained our pilots and develop aggressor training for fighter pilots
>develop PASGT body armor
>establish new doctrine on the use of heliborne infantry
>trial by fire of our fledgling special forces
>end conscription and establish a professional military
In the end it was a humbling that we needed. If it wasn't for Vietnam, we would never have done so well in Grenada/Panama/Gulf War/1st half of Iraq/Afghanistan. You just have to look at the positives.

>latin american communists this assblasted

>tfw you're the unipolar world power hegemon
>tfw the decades under your complete dominance have been the most peaceful, stable, and prosperous overall in world history
>tfw this is so obviously true even considering all many, very real bad things you've done that only teenagers and could doubt it
>tfw they are doubting it and it's undermining you
>tfw you will inevitably decline eventually
>tfw your miraculous combination of strong population base, industrial capacity, massive natural resources, and ability to project power in both major oceans can never be replicated
>tfw your decline will mean the end of the golden age
>tfw authoritarian countries or multipolar bloodshed will fill the power vacuum
>tfw no one will appreciate you until you're gone
>tfw it will happen inevitably anyways

When America falls, so falls the world

Gettysburg in a nutshell
>Confederate army comes in, some say looking for shoes
>Runs into a Calvary Div
>In comes Army of the Potomac
>Union is forced to the high ground
>Hook Formation
>Pickett's Charge
>Battle of Little Round Top
>Confederates Routed

JEB loses not only the republican nomination but Gettysburg as well
It's a cursed name

>protties trying to discern themselves as if they aren't both shit

I remember when they devolved into shit-slinging fests about the Civil War.

Soooo many Southern revisionists.

>Shoes
Bad post war meme.
>Pickett's charge before Little Round Top
>Confederates routed
More like after Pickett's charge they waited for Meade to attack and when he did not they just made an orderly retreat.

>JEB lost Gettysburg
Not really, it was pretty bad that he was not there the first day but the defeat lies first on Ewell for not deeming that taking Cemetery Hill would be practicable and then on Lee for continuing to attack the Union on the second and third day and then finally on Longstreet, for seemingly delaying orders for as long as possible because he disagreed with them. He was right in trying to get Lee to not attack Meade but his actions in carrying out orders once he had to do them was not good.

america won vietnam, lost korea.

>we dindhu nuffin guys! We wuz just trying to be aristocracy n shit, european n sheit, fuck america, and fuck freedom!

the world would be a better place if the confederacy won and since the american revolution was completely fucking pointless anyway and only made the world a much darker place to live in.

that's good, I can't wait for america to be gone because nothing good ever came out of it, ever.

but i'm sure the internet would still live on as it is now since china or russia can easily create new dns root servers and maintain the internet just like it ran before. Internet 2.0 would also be much safer since there wouldn't be any NSA to intrude on user privacy.

once those fatass burgers are out of the picture we'll probably have a renaissance of scientific and technological progress around the world.

the only reason we have war at all, from anyone is because america's mere existence lowers the global IQ by a digit, and therefore makes all of us too stupid to realize war is bad.

hell, once those fatass burgers are gone we'll have world peace, universal healthcare for everyone, and flying cars.

/sarcasm off

Think of all the people that wish they could live in America, now imagine all the people that wished they could have lived in the times we live in.

something interesting I found was the capital of various manufactures. Shows how hard liquor was actually hit in a 5 year span, capital and wages literally being cut by 50%, value of products dropping hard, not the greatest days to be in the Liquor industry. Also some funky stuff like Matches seeing a sudden rise and Lapidary works, cool stuff.

My liberal cuck history teacher thinks the civil war had everything to do with slavery, and says that the South claiming it was about states' rights being historical dinduism. What was the civil war really about?

My history teacher was a bible thumping Christian conservative who taught the same thing, which is the consensus of professional historians. Everything else is southerfats rationalizing a lost cause and a society which champions welfare queens

youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4

t. Commie

>back then
>MUH RIGHTS allow me to own niggers!

>current year
>MUH ANCESTORS dindhu nuffin! they wuz good boys oppressed by that nigger lover lincoln

dixie krauts haven't changed a whole lot.

bump for actual history

wtf why is this bumplocked???

Guess what faggot, fossil fuels is the new slavery.
You don't get to use gasoline anymore, starting tomorrow. And Berkeley students are coming to your house with tear gas and knives to make sure you don't leave.
>hurr durr MUH RIGHTS allow me to destroy nature

Get fucked nazi

>What was the civil war really about?
Autism

"STAHP!"
This man stops you in the street
"The age of American man is over. The time of the Chinese man has come."
What do you tell him?

t. whore of Babylon.

Religion is a business.
American protestants just made it into production line.

t. would give his wife to the United Fruit's company CEO.

general threads are expressly forbidden by the sticky

Canadian here

My question about America is how did they do it so right in their revolution? All their leaders were well educated and of good character and they coordinated the revolution so well

So my question is how did they do it?
Was it because the number of combatants was so small? Was it a shortcoming of the British force projection?

Because it wasn't really a revolution, it was a war of independence. We already had all of our governmental institutions in place, and the people who were already in power, those who went to war, and those who took power afterwards, were all the same group, generally.
Plus, they were all respectable Anglos.

we have better history than "america"

Mostly because the English system of government was already the world's best system of government up to that point, and the colonists started out from that base.

fuck off, this poster is a imposter

get lost, i am the real dominican

What's the historical reason for the "temporarily wmbarrassed millionnaire synsrome" every Americqn suffers from? What's the historical reason for the fact that their government is a safe guard of giant corporations' interests and why do they allow it to continue?

We murdered most of our leaders by ourselves though. I mean we'd have lost anyway but still not even Americans are as good as killing national heroes as we are.

Nobody supports free market economics because they think working fast food is going to make them a millionaire. That term "temporarily embarrassed millionaire" was coined to describe the attitude of factory workers in early industrial era when the difference between a factory owner and a factory worker was extremely small, and everybody involved on an industry floor had a relatively even skill level and could dream that they would come up with the next big invention that would make them hit it big. Once industrial capitalism got into full swing where the owners were more absentee landlords and the workers were low skilled and paid by the hour people stopped thinking in that way. Using the term after the mid 19th century is essentially digging up a dead strawman.

It's just a defense mechanism that lets them pretend that they're the stud while they're mastrubating to their wife getting fucked. It's the dream part of "the american dream".

What about the other question?

that's the beauty of wars like Vietnam
if you win then it's just a typical case of "big country eats little country"
but if you lose it's the most humiliating shit ever

either way someone who wants to find glory is such wars are retarded.

>Invariably devolves into a shit sling fest about the Vietnam War.
>not the Civil war

DON'T

TREAD

ON

Lol what a delusional faggot

Imagine being this assblasted at all times

ME

Are you literally a white male by chance?

There's no such thing. You just see millionaires everywhere because you're in love with the idea.

Slavery according to the states that seceeded themselves. Look up "confederate reasons for secession"