Financial Advice

Hey Veeky Forums
Here's my current situation.

I'm 19 years old and currently working at Best Buy on the east coast of America. I'm making 12.25 an hour and taking 19 credits at school currently. I've taken out $10,000 in loans this year alone, and it all went towards tuition. I'm currently living in an elderly ladies house that I found on Craigslist for $500/mo. I only make about $900 a month, so I try to save what I can. Due to the situation, I can be evicted at any time (the lease is month to month). I'm not allowed to use her fridge, but I can store some food under my bed. That $500 a month includes all utilities, too. The issue I'm having is that I'm not allowed to use her fridge, so it's really hard for me to make any sort of food. When I do eat it's usually eating fast food, which makes it really hard to save any money on food costs.

I can't take out any more loans this year. My mom and dad are out of the question as far as finances, they both live in different states than me and are divorced.

I feel like I'm beginning to panic! Have any of you been in a similar situation before? I might try to get on some sort of welfare, but I would have to list this ladies address as my own, and it's not. Do colleges typically help with this sort of thing? I'm starting to feel like my only option is to drop out and begin working full time? I currently work about 25 hours a week in between classes.

Any advice would be wonderful. Any life hacks for cheaper rent? I don't really have any friends because most of them want to drink, or smoke, or generally hang out but the house I am living at is miles away from campus and I'm not allowed to have guests over anyway.

Any advice would be great, if there are programs you've heard of for young students such as myself to receive aid?

Yo I didn't read it all but buy some bitbean if you need money

Hahaha :P well, if you read until the end you'd realize that investing into crypto isn't currently in my budget! I did, however do that once because of you guys and I actually made money. It was with ANS, I read that every pump and dump starts here on Veeky Forums so I bought some at $5 and sold it at $30. I made about $150 because of you guys :D

Maybe in the future!

I hope you're not studying humanities, unless you're one of those sociopathic go-getters who find positions at investment banks with majors in English and history, but given your situation it sounds like you're probably not one of these people.

Business communications!

Hey OP, sucks to find your self in hard times. Imagine feeling the way you do but with a kid and a wife that can't work, oh and i can't even think about going back to school because i work 24/7. SO, to me it sounds like you're living well without too many responsibilities besides your immediate self. Anyways, post your BTC address and ill send you some coin to put towards a mini fridge or something.

>having dependants that you have to waste time and or money on.

Disgusting.

I do appreciate the offer but I wouldn't feel right accepting anything other than advice. I wish you well with your current situation

Sucking dicks is always an option

>not allowed to use her fridge

Wtf is wrong with this cunt?
Get your own fridge, or if that is impossible move the fuck out.

If you have a drivers license, you could buy a cheap but comfy van, get a 30 dollar 24/7 gym account (so you can take showers/ go to the bathroom), get free food at shelters, and set up a postbox to receive your mail.

Also get a better job.

IF you are a good investor, you will accumulate over a 100k in 3/4 years. And you can retire in 7/8 years.

If it's an option, try to go to community college for a semester or two just to get some credits done then transfer them over to a uni. Save your money up in the meantime and try to find a better living situation

Hate that fucking cunt, people like that should be crucified!!!
You from burgerland or europistan? It sounds to me like shes renting the room without a legal contract which means she's not paying taxes in the money you are giving her....in europe (in sure in USA too) if someone is renting you an apartment or room illegaly you have soooooo many ways to fuck them in the ass. You could probably report the thing to the authorities, or could threaten her to do it if she doesnt being a cunt....to which shell say "if you do that I'll just call the pollice and say you dont live here and are a burglar who wanted to steal my shit and and did bar things to me"...and thats where you take out your phone and show her you have the proofs to show the authorities you have been living there for some time....and thats why every day from now on you you take a photo insider of the house (possibly with her in the photo too) with the daily newspaper in front (readable date) as a timestamp. Meanwhile see if you could get some legal help for free...
Wreck that cunt!!!

I got fucked over on a rent contract in London, she changed the conditions during the contract. Would come into the house without prior warning and then complain over something weird like leaving the microwave plugged into the wall at all times. Absolute fucking nightmare but had to stay as just moved for new v good job. She was running some kind of scams and moved some eastern European in at which point I looked into taking some kind of legal action etc. Went for advice, did all the bullshit, ended up costing me a lot of time hassle and money. Anyway she kicked me out, kept my deposit which was fucking huge (fucking London). Legal action etc never went any where and after a year and a bit I gave up. She was some rich crazy bitch with loads of property and just did what she wanted.

So yeah, sometimes shit sucks but the world isn't fair, don't automatically think because someone is doing something wrong that you will be able to get them prosecuted, fined or get compensation. Some battles aren't worth fighting.

U could probably just get a minifridge for free on craigslist or a garage sale

OP please consider posting your BTC address. Some of us on here truly are in better situations, and want to help those in need.

Sory to hear that user. Hope things go better for you in the future. Shes a moraly rotten animal

I really do appreciate all you guys. As for the legality of the contract, it's probably not legal. But it's also better for me than nowhere at the moment

1ADG34PDmJveYQWHauhn2Rqy2mZ6ufVF8K

I didn't mean for this thread to come off as me complaining about my landlord. She is sheltering me, and I really do appreciate it. For the price I'm paying, it's a good deal. Most places are for students and extremely expensive.

Keep your head up, it can always be worse user

Not the ideal situation but remember people lacked refrigeration for most of human history and survived. You can live off cheap staple foods like oats/rice etc. accented by cheap non-perishable items like dried fruit / tinned vegetables / canned ham.

You could also buy a fridge off craigslist or rent one.

Have fast food now and then but don't make it your staple source of food.

if you cant use the fridge might aswell just live in your car lel