Exactly what liberties were the Athenians so worried about losing to the Persians?

Exactly what liberties were the Athenians so worried about losing to the Persians?

the right to own slaves

Right to boipussy

1. THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE CONQUERED TO "AVOID LOSING LIBERTIES", BUT TO AVOID LOSING THEIR INDEPENDENCE.

2. "ANCIENT ATHENIANS" DID NOT HAVE A CONCEPT OF "LIBERTIES"; YOU ARE ANACHRONISTICALLY PROJECTING YOUR OWN PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS; THINK BEFORE ARTICULATING WHATEVER TRANSCURS THROUGH YOUR MIND.

3. IF YOU CANNOT INTUITIVELY COMPREHEND WHY WOULD A PEOPLE NOT WANT TO BE CONQUERED BY ANOTHER, ANY DISCOURSE WITH YOU IS FUTILE.

Liberty to keep their women from leaving the house.

Man, how times have changed.

"Dude, fight my war against the Lydians for me, lmao." - Cyrus the """"""""""""Great"""""""""""""""
"Wtf no, fuck off." - Ionians
"OMG I'M SO BUTTHURT, I'LL PUT TYRANTS IN POWER!" - Cyrus the """"""""""""Great"""""""""""""

Tyrants in greece doesnt mean something bad

They just wanted to no be subjects, that's it. Nobody wants to pay some faggy dude in eyeliner a million drachmes a year so he doesn't burn your city down.

Sources that Persian used eyeliner, pls

300 counts as a primary source

>quads
Looks true to me.

They wear kohl to this day

whoa
wait let’s see who it was

the right to not have your city burnt to the ground, all your men slain, and all your women and children sold into slavery.

Look guys I don't know what the fucking I'm talking about xDxD

>Cyrus the """"""""""""Great"""""""""""""""
>killed by a barbarian queen
kek.
so this is Persian Power?
not bad.

Look it up, speedracer
It means someone who took power by force

Self-determination.
Parrhesia - the right to have a say in their country's governance.
The right to consider themselves superior to everyone else.

F*rsians eternally BTFO

No, it means any ruler that operates outside the Politeia. Peisistratus took power once by finding a really tall woman and convincing people that she was Athena and that she wanted him to be tyrant.

Even Herodotus said that story is probably fake.

They'd lose their independence and authority? Citizenship meant something in Athens beyond tax status and work/immigration rights, you know.