Federal Reserve/Petro dollar

Can one of you millionaire econ fags who actually know shit tell me what's really going on here

Is it true that the US is only rich because the USD maintains a monopoly on oil exchanges?
Is collaborating with OPEC the reason the US is a global power, by maintaining the petro-dollar standard?

Is it true that the Federal Reserve loans the US government dollars at interest, which must be paid back?
And that fractional reserve banking needs endless growth (since there are more loans than dollars) or else it collapses?

/pol/ fuck off, Veeky Forums thread only

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wzwnir7rTfc&list=PLJqGwl5eDufW2LxI7qmK8doJM54NxBoOC
cnbc.com/2017/02/10/venezuela-falls-behind-on-oil-for-loan-deals-with-china-russia.html
foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/06/venezuelas-road-to-disaster-is-littered-with-chinese-cash/
asia.nikkei.com/magazine/20170914/Business/China-aims-for-dollar-free-oil-trade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, it's all true, OP.

Gee user, I though 150 threads about bitcoin was enough.

>Is it true that the US is only rich because the USD maintains a monopoly on oil exchanges?

Yes

Saddam Hussein tried to trade oil with a gold backed currency through euro instead of dollars, he got invaded

Khadafi tried to do something similar, he got invaded

Now china attempts to do the same thing (trading oil with gold backed yuan).
And china is in a really strong economic position over USA.

So that will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

> Is collaborating with OPEC the reason the US is a global power, by maintaining the petro-dollar standard?

Probably for reasons above yes.

>Is it true that the Federal Reserve loans the US government dollars at interest, which must be paid back?
>And that fractional reserve banking needs endless growth (since there are more loans than dollars) or else it collapses?

This is where it gets complicated and I might not be best person to explain, I will try nonetheless.

So inflation has its uses, for one it stimulates the economy and prevents a rough economy.
People get rewarded by spending or investing instead of saving/hoarding money.
Inflation makes money lose value, which can be argued as acceptable if the economy is doing good.

When the economy is doing bad, you have a problem.
So what do the banks do, lower interest rates, so more money can be lend to stimulate economy even more.

Otherwise your money simply devalues.

We have gotten to the point where the economy cant keep this money printing up.
We are now heading towards global negative interest rates which might cause global collapse.

Also like you said the fed loans the money to the government and people speculate that over the years the owners of the fed own around half the land of usa simply as a payment of that dept.

Dont know if that is true or simply tinfoil nonsense.

Yeah, everything you said is mostly true. A few details though:

The US doesn't just enforce the petro dollar through economic measures. It is also enforced through violence against oil-rich countries. This is why they are often the targets of preemptive military invasions or secret CIA coups. We want to make sure they keep using the dollar as a reserve currency and if they don't play ball, we'll just kill the leader and replace them with someone who will.

Regarding the Federal Reserve, they don't exactly "loan" money to the Government. The way it works is, the US treasury sells government bonds to the Fed, which the Fed then prints money to buy. Since the bonds appreciate, the government technically never has enough money to pay the interest, since the only way they can get more money is from the Fed, by selling them more bonds. So it pretty much amounts to the same thing. Everyone on Earth is enslaved to the central banks through debt, even the governments.

>The US doesn't just enforce the petro dollar through economic measures. It is also enforced through violence against oil-rich countries. This is why they are often the targets of preemptive military invasions or secret CIA coups.
This is the allegation I keep hearing, but only from really shady sources and conspiracy tards.

Econ grad here. Read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. Short answer to your questions yes. This book does a great job explaining why and how. After you read that, read The Elusive Quest for Growth.

read
> The Creature From Jekyll Island
It explains everything. There are PDFs online.

>Now china attempts to do the same thing (trading oil with gold backed yuan).

when will they pull the trigger on this? it would fuck shit up

Pretty much right about the federal reserve. They create money out of thin air and enslave the entire world with debt and interest, even our own govt.

Yes this

>thinks we invaded the Middle East for humanitarian reasons
Use your brain

The mainstream media has done an excellent job of rebranding the term "conspiracy theorist" to mean "anybody who disagrees with the official story." Like the official story that we invaded Iraq, overthrew Saddam, and installed a puppet government purely for altruistic reasons. Spreading democracy and freedom and all that. Never mind that genocides and atrocities happen all over the world that never even get a footnote in the news, we're supposed to believe that the government decided to care about this one in particular... and I guess the "weapons of mass destruction" shit was an honest mistake, too...

The thing is, conspiracies happen all the time in real life. People have been conditioned to label anyone who questions the status quo as crazy. If you do your research on world events and learn the real motives behind acts of war and espionage, then you, too, will eventually be labeled a "conspiracy tard" when you try to share the truth with those who are unwilling to listen.

What happens to the money when government pays money back to the FED + the interest?

Does all of it go to buy new government bonds?

This!

youtube.com/watch?v=Wzwnir7rTfc&list=PLJqGwl5eDufW2LxI7qmK8doJM54NxBoOC

>G. Edward Griffon
No offense mate, but I was hoping for answers from people who actually know shit about economics and how the whole system works, I wasn't trying to attract a bunch of conspiracy mongering Zeitgiest-tier shit

Venezuela, doesnt have a say in the matter china has a lot of its debt

cnbc.com/2017/02/10/venezuela-falls-behind-on-oil-for-loan-deals-with-china-russia.html

foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/06/venezuelas-road-to-disaster-is-littered-with-chinese-cash/

asia.nikkei.com/magazine/20170914/Business/China-aims-for-dollar-free-oil-trade

Remember that this is the news of the century.
Any thread about it on /pol/ gets slided and killed.
And prepare for a world war, stock up at least some ammo, canned food and a weapon of two.

>/pol/ fuck off

You fuckin jew shill...

THIS. major red pill.

The media and society have succeeded in repelling and branding any thought or suggestions that dont confirm their own as 'tinfoil hat' conspiracies.

In doing this there is practically no major conflict of opinion in our day to day lives. To even like someone as mundanely conservative and centrical as president trump is to be controversial.

Just remember that every single intelligent person you meet has their own agenda, their own ambitions and quite often GROUPS of these people have been formed, and their collective agenda can create a 'conspiracy'. It is happening somewhere in the world as we speak but you have been lead to believe this only happens in movies and fiction

>asia.nikkei.com/magazine/20170914/Business/China-aims-for-dollar-free-oil-trade

i still dont see how or when this can happen. it would be the first legit happening since ww2

I can see that you are very skeptical person that needs a certain level of authority from the information he receives before he will trust it.

You are on Veeky Forums. You will not find any "experts" or "insiders" here.

But I don't really understand why you want such confirmation. It is clear from the OP post that you have done at least some of your own research and are on the right track already. What exactly is holding you back from believing any of it?

China is the biggest consumer of oil.
It happened a week ago. I mean the processes is a lengthy one and the preparations happened several years ago when Brics was founded, but it was put into motion last week.
Everyone is too busy looking in the wrong direction.

>Is it true that the Federal Reserve loans the US government dollars at interest, which must be paid back?

Yes. So if every dollar made must be returned with interest how do you ever pay off a debt? With more debt!

>And that fractional reserve banking needs endless growth (since there are more loans than dollars) or else it collapses?

Yes. It is a debt based system. Technically all money is debt because banks are only willing to create money when someone is willing to borrow.

>fractional reserve banking needs endless growth

This will never cause a problem, because humans keep endlessly multiplying. Even the most intelligent people on earth can't resist the urge to have kids, and that will endlessly fuel the fractional banking system.

Considering everything thing I've read, the US monetary policy is a way of keeping control on our economy and in some sense other countries economies.

Now to think the US would allow an alternative cryptocurrency with 0 regulation like BTC to usurp its power seems like a no-go.

Holy shit.

I'm buying gold. This is gonna be huge.

tell that to japan

hmm no. This is widely accepted.

The euro is also held together through another form of violence, economic threats. "Don't get out of the euro or you'll have to settle all your debts with the ECB asap and your new currency will be worth shit!"

Other currencies like the Latin American ones and the Canadian dollar simply move in accordance to the prices of commodities denominated in dollars.

Crypto is a way out. The Euro is also good because the Eurozone barely has any inflation, but where the hell are you going to invest euros? In negative-yields savings accounts and bonds?

>read thread
>see books mentioned
>google one of the them
>google the author
>G. Edward Griffin ... is the author of The Creature from Jekyll Island (1994), which promotes theories about the motives behind the creation of the Federal Reserve System
>In his book World Without Cancer, he argues that cancer is a nutritional deficiency that can be cured by consuming amygdalin
>He is an HIV/AIDS denialist, supports the 9/11 Truth movement, and supports a specific John F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy theory.
>Also, he believes the actual geographical location of the biblical Noah's Ark is located at the Durupınar site in Turkey.
Am I getting meme'd(as the kids say nowadays)? Is this how far you guys have gone in your delusion that crypto and BTC is absolutely the future? You're referring to people like this to convince yourselves that fiat has absolutely no future whatsoever and you should invest all your money on an extremely volatile infantile market that regularly fluctuates +/-40% every month? What's the deal here?

Econfag here.
>Is it true that the US is only rich because OPEC
No. Its far more complex. First, realize that for most of the 20th century (and recently true again) the US has been a net exporter, not a net importer of oil. That said, it is true that for the period that the US became a net importer, especially after OPEC caused stagflation, the US took action to secure the supplies of imported oil.
Far more important to US power is that the USD is globally used as a reserve currency, meaning loans to countries are usually denominated in USD. The countries then have to pay those loans back with interest, which is usually done through selling natural resources (including oil, but also including outsourced labour, tourism, as well as commodities) for USD. This increases demand for USD, and decreases the prices of natural resources in USD, giving US companies cheap access to resources.
Another factor to consider with US power is that the US, along with the EU, are the biggest net exporters of food, meaning that sanctions to food importing countries are a serious threat. Even if the sanctions don't cover food, the difficulty in earning USD by sanctioned countries increases the cost of food they import, leading to social instability.
>Is it true that the Federal Reserve loans US government money at interest
Yes. After the gold standard failed due to the panics in the late 19th century created by banking moguls who cornered the market in precious metals, the banking moguls met secretly with political leaders and formed the Federal Reserve as an alternative way to create money.
>Fractional Reserve banking needs endless growth due to more loans than dollars
Yes and no. Theoretically, if the banks immediately spent all of their interest income, there would not be a need for endless growth of debt. In reality, the money held for interest is loaned out again, meaning that the system relies on exponential growth of debt.

>people cant think for their own
gramps you make it sound like this is something new

it goes back to its huge pile of make-believe money in its balance sheet.

>because humans keep endlessly multiplying
no... except in africa and India

Read a book. "The creature from Jekyll Island" is a start.

Hey OP why dont you read the creature from jekyll island

Notice how I specifically said that I wanted responses from econ people who actually understand the way this shit works. Not a bunch of tardation by miserly preppers

This user gets it:

And so, the crypto wars happen

The US WILL try to contain and fuck with China on a more intense basis going forward. Like how they used NGOs to try to overthrow the HK government, funded the Dalai Lama, supported muslim terrorists in Xinjiang and other areas to murder chinks. They even tried to get Duerte (Phillipines) to fight a regional war with China (he told them to fuck off).

I noticed you're a lost cause. Asking for knowledge and then resorting to insults; very good tactics, I'm sure you'll get the best results. I understand the way the shit works, the book I mentioned is a good intro into the subject whether you like the author or not. Good luck thinking you're better than everyone else and only taking knowledge from approved sources. You lazy prick.

Do you have a source on that Duerte thing?

Maybe read up on Noriega, or the last shah of Iran, or half the police commanders being on CIA pay roll in latin america, etc. etc.