Death of XMR

I love Monero, but I actually want to discuss how it could potentially fall to shit (and see if some wise anons can show otherwise)

Let's look at the facts:
>Chinks cracking down on cryptocurrency trading exchanges
>Well-known that Chinese government keeps people "in check", with everyone using the heavily-monitored WeChat
>Transactions must be known and finances must be controlled in order for them to have such a tight grip of their people.

Now, how long is it till they outright ban Monero, forcing those who buy and use it to face punishable offences?
Give it a while, Monero won't last there much longer.

What about the West? Think we're safe?
>Dollar slowly bleeding to death
>China gaining strength fast
>More and more people getting into cryptos, furthering the dollar death.

If the US is to survive, they will have to follow the path of China with heavy regulation. Because "much freedom land" we still have plenty if time but let me tell you, when The Regulationing happens, Monero. Is. Fucked.

I bought this God-Tier coin at €39 and am still hodling because I believe in it.. But I actually do t think it can stand up to (((them)))

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cloakcoin/#markets
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

U should dump it for cloakcoin, hands down the greatest coin in Asia right now.

ICO in 7 weeks, don't miss this one!

Oh great, a shill
XMR is the only privacy coin. THE only privacy coin.

china just shot it self on the foot,
every chink that was in crypto using Okcoin, huobi or btcc will still go back to crypto using other exchanges. And im pretty sure underground ones will appear.

if monero goes down it will be because a better will urge. because despite the privacy thing monero doesnt have anything else to offer, and the tech is old.

you retarded? fucking shill you can't ban any crypto just access to on ramps

Monero won't fall because it's used in the Darknet and the success of Bitcoin was built on drugs and so will be Moneros

KYS. The problem op described is applicable to ALL private coins, so I guess cloak and verge would be safe.
Also, 90% of the volume comes from Bittrex, you stupid pajeet. Asia, my ass.
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cloakcoin/#markets

But if you can't even buy XMR in the first place, what then?

ZCash is better from a technical PoV.

(After Kovri comes out)
1. Buy any (((accepted))) crypto like Shitcoin
2. Exchange it for Monero on any foreign exchange
Problem solved.

Totally

I dunno why anyone really considers China to be instrumental in Crypto

Its not a big player. Their meme coins are total shit and the actual market capitalization is something less than 10%

China's capital controls have never really worked. They are gearing up to wreck their own currency with the mistaken confidence that the world will forever continue to buy Yuan to pay for cheap Chinese shit. Their faith that they can fully control the internal economy of China like they control the beliefs, behavior, and free movement of people in the society is totally untenable.

Capital is fleeing the Yuan in greater and greater numbers.

You are right and I agree with you. But you underestimate the western governments, they are just as interested in monitoring / controlling everything as China.
They will just cry a bit on national TV about muh terrorism and the normies eat it up and no one goes on the streets. Already happening.

An animal trapped in a corner will attack far more viciously. Expect Chinks to be on full buttblasted damage control against cryptos, pulling some other sneaky shit to force other nations to regulate cryptos (I'm thinking this 'news' of NK using Bitcoin is by them)

The newfriends wont stop posting will they?

Hope you're right. In my eyes though, just a few people shouting loudly enough about Monero supporting the black market, and as a result, being an evil 'criminal currency', will do a lot of damage to Monero and might force politicians to place some sanctions. Normies might actually dig their own graves with this one, especially women.

I told my coworker about XMR almost 2 months ago and how it was a good investment (in the €30's range, guess I was right). She disagreed and said I was practically helping out criminals get away with black market selling. The privacy issue was just NOT a concern for her. It's scary

Get fucked. If XMR is made illegal, perhaps there'll be places to still buy it like the dark web, but normies won't have easy access to buy it like today - by then its value will crash to sweet nothing. Faggot

If it's truly private then it will never crash totally, because it is too useful for online purchasing. Though it may not reach moon trading levels.

When i start seeing it accepted online then i'll buy in.

Yeah you might have misunderstood me. My point is that stupid normies are not bothered about privacy and don't see how e.g. terrorism gets used to bait them into stricter laws and regulation.
I prefer China over the US. At least they are open about their intentions

False