THEY ARE RIPPING OFF PEOPLE

So I read Bittrex charged you 0.25% per transaction. I did a small program with in and out prices, and simulating an X exit price how much gain in % was.

Shit was pretty normal until I decided to day trade more faster and with lower gains. Like 0.14% to 0.3% in 40 minutes.

BITTREX charges you around 0.5%. I am talking about +2 BTC buy and sells.

Test it yourself.
(Initial / 1+0.25%) / AltcoinPrice1 = Q
Then
Q * AltcoinPrice2 * (1-0.25%) = Return

And it doesn't match, but it does when you growth it to 0.5%.

Other urls found in this thread:

changelly.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What else is there???

doesn't matter. you get screwed at every place.

Interesting. Well no matter were you go your going to get screwed. But someone should report this to the correct agencies.
>inb4 muh unregulated market
Yes crypto might be unregulated but their are other laws in place for things like this.

I had a feeling this was the case but never did the math myself

proofs?

It's 0.25% of the purchase cost and 0.25% of the selling revenue you absolute monkey.

Nigger, it's 0.25% on every trade, not every 2.

I'm confused by your math. What is Initial in this case? They do amount*price*0.0025, are you sure you aren't accidentally adding the fee to the final price instead of subtracting it?

Go to Ark ticket and test it. Is exactly 0.5% for both buying and selling.

This is plain robbery.

Please don't reproduce.

The initial is the total amount withdraw from your wallet and return is the total amount of BTC deposited to your wallet.

You're retarded. 3800.45878902*0.00100200 = 3.80805970

3.80805970*0.0025=0.00952014

3.80805970+0.00952014=3.81757984

I rounded off the actual numbers which is why it's 2 sats less. You're still retarded though.

Die in a car fire

Too late brainlet, two kids - they'll both be smarter than you, I hope. I wrote a trading bot, trust me, it's 0.25%.

lol I'm sorry elementary school math is too hard for you faggot

I don't think you should be trading crypto

Why is that?

Because we don't need dipshits calling for regulations because some biztard doesn't know simple math?

remember when it used to cost 1 ans/neo to withdraw

I am the the chaos bringer.

Yeah it's another reason why daytraders get fucked over. I just pick coins that will be around in 5 years so holding feels really comfy.

You also took what OP at face value without questioning it at all. You must handle your portfolio well with those insightful knee-jerk reactions.

Oh no I just had to pay 0.25% on my 2.5x leveraged trade at 15% P/L! How will I ever make any money trading like this?

bittrex has a defence squad on biz they are always pretty quick to show up in threads and defence their shitty exchange

all exchanges are kikes
can't wait for viable DX alternatives
perhaps all we'll ever need is ARK in the end

howling

Hold on, you wrote programs to do this without even knowing what a transaction is? What the fuck are you talking about?

FYI I've never used Bittrex. I just know how to do math.

so this is how it all begins a dipshit fudding a good website creating panick so the feds can use this as an excuse to do what they did to btc-e
suck my dick op youre just a little faggot how much they paid you to be their bitch and post this bullshit

Of course they are. That's why you dont go to bittrex and dont trade shitcoins. Only go with legit regulated exchanges where real money is accepted and which are frequently audited (coinbase, gdax, gemini, bitstamp,..)
If you want to trade coins only, use changelly.com/

Yea bittrex has abusive fees

I sold omg at 247000 a week ago and had to rebuy at 243000 to have almost the same amount of omg

they jew you more on bids than on asks

>Shills Changelly on post where OP can't do math.
>Changelly charges actual 0.5% commission + blockchain fees.

Way to dodge that 0.25% fee per trade.

My personal hate is reserved for sites like Liqui that screw you by charging 1 whole OMG just to evac your coins from the site

Or when they short the BTC transaction fee and you have to wait 24 hours for a confirmation

this fuck liqui, withdrawal fees are insane and are not consistent

and how much does it cost to withdraw from bittrex? way too much

M G T I Shill.

Idk I don't use Bittrex friend. I've only been here commenting on OP's lack of math and understanding how fees per trade work.

We're defending algebra, nigger.

bittrex btc withrawal fee: 0,01 btc.

this

Isn't that a network fee? Meaning it doesn't go to bittrex but to pay for the transaction fee on the blockchain. So withdrawals on bittrex are faster but more expensive. I don't see that as ripping people off.

Idiot, Bittrex charges 0.25% per trade. There 0.25 to get i, 0.25 to get out. 1 full trade in and out is 0.5%. Makes total sense. I daytrade on Bittrex aiming for 1.5-4.5% gains because I know 0.5% of my profits will go to commissions

1 full trade isn't 0.5% you absolute turdwrangler. it's 0.25% of buy-in cost and 0.25% of sale money. It actually works out as slightly more than 0.5% if you're talking about increase from start price.

>it's not 0.5, it's 0.25+0.25

0.25% of what? and then 0.25% of what? 0.25% of price A + 0.25% of price B does not equal +0.5% of price A you fucking mong

Do you think they should do this for free? If that .5% is material to you, find a new strategy.

I've paid 12k in commission trading stock with a similar fee structure. I'm rich.

I never really understood why people complain about this 1$ per 400$ trade. Even if it was 2$, I'd probably not care.

PS: For a fee f=0.25%, the result 0.5 per back and forth isn't true either.
The factor is
(1 + f / 100) * (1 + f / 100) = 1 + 2 * f / 100 + (f / 100)^2

The last term makes for another 0.000625%