Who /driving/ a $200 car here?

Who /driving/ a $200 car here?

>no car payments
>low as fuck insurance
>comfy Japanese 4 cylinder engine, god tier gas mileage
>normies taking out 10 year loans to pay for a pile of shit that will get destroyed by road salt
>tfw all these savings going to crypto and other investments

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/09/05/mark-cuban-didnt-have-a-car-that-cost-more-than-200-until-he-was-25.html
youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g
youtube.com/watch?v=XV9rJwEOCus&t=68s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I bought a used Nissan altima 2011 with 30k miles on back in 2014. Paid 9k cash, still drives well no repairs needed.

>200

Did you miss a zero? Where the fuck do you find a car for two hundred dollars?

Enjoy dying in a fireball when your breaks fail

Toyota master race here

>1.2 l Yaris
>only cost £600
>51 mpg real use
>subtle as fuck
>good for storing small shit
>lots of cubby holes

Normie friend pays £400 a month for a Mercedes that he won't even own after 4 years

Brakes**

enjoy having your car break down on the freeway, while you stand cramped on the shoulder with 1 inch margin between you and 70 mph vehicles, and no friends you can call to bail you out except your mother when she gets off of work in 5 hours

I meant what i said, dont correct me

Monster gains this summer paid for my 12k pussy wagon

>tfw had a 300 euro fiat chicochento

Hey, it went from A to B without dying.

>implying his mother isn't out getting railed by chad in his escalade

You meant to be wrong?

there's frugal and then there's a breakdown waiting to happen
depending on one's climate and road quality, contemporary cars are engineered to fail after 10 years or so

buy used, 2-3 y/o, first owner, spotless history, yadda yadda
drive for 5-6y, sell, repeat

>owning a car

I live a walking distance away from work, stores, entertainment and other infrastructure so I don't even need it. I live alone in a 1 bedroom apartment since I don't need more and the rent is decent and the utility bill low.
I have a shitload of money to spend on whatever the fuck I want. Recently it's "money I can afford to lose" for trading crypto but I'm making profit so that's nice.

personal mobility is not just a meme
it's cheap anyway

he's talking about a bicycle

Lmao, your faggots are actually wrong. As it turns out (surprise surprise) older cars last longer because they are less complicated which means less failure points which means less breakdowns.

Too lazy to give you to proof, you can find it on google. All you fags are experiencing cognitive dissonance because you splurged on expensive card hoping it would fill the void inside you of being semi-poor.

I hear you, OP. I'll never understand why normies get brainwashed into thinking they need to buy a new car when you can get very nice and reliable used cars for a fraction of the price that run great for years as long as you take care of them.

This.
The insecurities on display on this board are incredible. If you need an expensive car to help your confidence you aren't doing it right.

Cars on sale - Hurricane Irma - act fast, may be a little salt water corrosion

I have a $400 honda wagon ill sell you for $350. Perfect for my .8 mile commute. Also have a BMW paid for in cash. No idea why people poorer than me sign their life away for a new subaru, but i see it all the time.

>rents

Nope. It's a 2001 Honda Civic. My friend has an auction license so I got it super cheap. I've owned it since 2012 and put around $1400 in it over 5 years, which is basically fucking nothing when it comes to cars.

I have really good brakes on it actually which I installed myself since its easy, no problems desu.

No problems when you don't drive a meme car which shitty reliability (Ford, Chev, etc).

Wrong. Tons of cars from Japan can last 20+ years if you're not a retarded owner and use proper undercoating, especially shit 1995+ that doesn't use shitty metal in the body.

This desu, it's also why Classics are hilariously expensive these days (asset bubble of its own pretty much).

I know, feels good not falling for that shit, saved thousands so far.

Also it's worth mentioning Marc Cuban did the same thing as I'm doing and he's a fucking billionaire so if you guys want to be rich you should start learning this ez as fuck trick ASAP

cnbc.com/2017/09/05/mark-cuban-didnt-have-a-car-that-cost-more-than-200-until-he-was-25.html

in terms of how much money you can throw at a new car, there is hilariously small difference between 2000 car and 20 000 car. it's basically just buying status, but even for that it does not work well because people lease cars or take a loan

I got a used Porche Carrera for cheap. This exact color and model. They're pretty cheap used after a couple of years... and people will think you're rich.

SC300 fag reporting in. if u dont know about cars google it.

I need a fucking new car (currently drive a beat up early 2000s ricer) but im being such a jew and don't want to fork out the cash (although i can afford it) to buy a decent car. Keep thinking what a waste it is to spend money on new car and watch it depreciate 50% in just a couple of years. But damn im pretty embarrassed driving my current car too.

>having a car
Enjoy being jewed out of insurance.

Maintenance costs still arent cheap though.

bought from my grandma for $100 if that counts

i drive a $40k car
>safe
>fast
>big enough for my family
>reliable
>comfy
>makes me feel good

then again, i'm 32 and have a kid... so i guess safety is more of concern for me... my first car was $1,200
second was $2,500

was good times driving shitboxes.

rust is not the only issue
there're rubber parts like bushings
wiring looms, especially on openable body panels
consumables such as brake discs
sensors giving in
radiator leaks that may lead to overheating and head damage before you know it
steering linkage and bearings getting rekt
and so on

God damn. You really fell for all the memes.

This. It's all status. You're still going to get injured/die anyway in a car crash.

that is categorically wrong.

I own an aircooled beetle as a 'fun' car - renowned for reliablility.
>3k mile oil changes
>have to adjust valve clearances
>suspension components need greasing
>brakes need adjusting
>points need adjusting
>keep an eye out for rust/corrosion

it's a maintainance head fuck

my wife drives a jap box we bought new 3 years ago. the only work done so far is 3 oil & filter changes. new cars are objectively better.

I also owned an 04 subaru from new - still have it. All it needs is fluids/filters and cam belt at 100k klms, brake pads, etc, consumables. 180k klms - not a single fucking breakdown. no rust.

old cars are fucked.

buy something new(ish) and japanese and you will rarely have a problem.

which memes?
I like cars, always have, probably always will. so what?
the family meme?
i dunno... i'm confused user, can you explain?

youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g

please stop giving people dangerous and false information.

Yeah......... and it still uses Premium fuel. Let's just pray it doesn't inevitably get fucked.

>drive piece of shit 2002 Nissan Sentra
>probably ~5k of necessary repairs in the past 5 years.
>car is probably worth about 1k now
>Temperature gauge shows goes in the red sometimes, then climbs back down. the car appears fine(not actually overheating)
>already changed the thermostat, problem persists.

Should i take it to a mechanic? It'll probably be fine for light driving which is where im at, but theres no way to know for sure. Dont wanna get stuck when i need to drive it on the freeway for 3hrs to visit parents.

Or just get another car at this point? Kinda dont want more expenses. I live in Ameriland though, and where im at a car is a necessity.

Same here but mine was a 2005 Honda Civic with about the same mileage six years ago. Still going strong.

check your radiator
road grit hits it throughout its life and causes damage
if it starts a leak it may lead to overheating as the pressure in your cooling system drops because of it

your first mistake was repairing the fucker before attempting to sell it on

>Strawman

Might as well do a crash test with a horse.

>11 years ago
>pay 10k for a 2000 toyota, 70k miles
>maybe 2k-3k in repairs over a decade
>170k miles on it now

Maybe Ill get a second car someday with my crypto gains. Til then this car has served me well.

I got a car leased for my credit score

Don't bring up having kids/being married in this place

It causes autists to foam at the mouth for some reason

Its been loosing a little bit of coolant. Like if i fill it up, it'll need some in around 1month depending on how much i drive it. May be the radiator i guess.

But the car was worth shit before this issue. It looks like hell and has over 200k miles.

Thanks tho

>not having a lambo and big investments

pleb

Sounds crazy but put an egg's worth of uncooked egg-white in the rad. The egg will cook and seal the leak. Protip: do this immediately before you try and sell it. Alternatively, pay money for a chemical version that does exactly the same thing.

I also have a 2001 Honda Civic. Literally the most reliable car on the planet. Meanwhile my stepsister just took out a $25k loan for some Mazda SUV and she's only 20. Some people can't be helped.

After Veeky Forums I only ride my baiku.

Thanks bud will look into that.

Honda Civics and Toyota Camrys are the most godtier cars. Fucking tanks, and easy/cheap to work on.

2010 toyota corolla purchased in 2014, 30k miles, $14k, paid off in 9 months.
Now have 55k miles, 0 issues

I'm thinking about lowering insurance to liability. Currently paying $121/month for full coverage. Car is worth like 8k according to the state

don't do that if you intend to keep it, that shit will spread all over your cooling channels and water pump

BTW if your radiator is ok, you overheated the engine and coolant is leaking through your gasket, which means F

That's why I said do it immediately before you try and sell it. There's a chemical version that cures on contact with air that works ok too.

500 bucks here. Subaru Outback. cars are for women and fags. men I know have track bikes or cars , not fancy road cars to impress women they will never get

Too many lambo-obsessed memers that don't realize true power is in building a family dynasty.

accept my apology, user
didn't catch that

All good. Another handy one I've found is Lucas transmission fix: my seals dried out over the winter and I was slowly dribbling transmission fluid. Half a cup of that stuff and a year later everything's still all sealed up.

LoL... "godtier" if youre some frugal asian waifu fag thats about it.
Honda are good at making motorbikes and chainsaws, not cars
Toyota make reliable cars (with outdated tech) but that does not = good.

Japcrap is now superseeded by korean cars in terms of reliability but all are inferior to german engineering in every metric

>Too lazy to give you to proof

You don't need to, it's common sense. Very old cars are especially easy to fix due to their simplicity provided they haven't been used too much.

I drive a 2004 Toyota Avalon that I got for $5k

It's /comfy/

drive a kia,its a pice of trash but its my trash. it gets me from point A to point B. petrol is cheap asf, insurance is cheap asf (well not really, its expensive asf if you compare it to other nations).

cost me £250.

I drive a first-gen Miata. Good mileage, but it's had some issues with parts failing recently. Probably spend $400 a year in the shop on it on average.

>German cars
>superior
Enjoy spending more to get your car fixed than mine cost to buy. You do have a point about gookmobiles though.

Just picked up an 01 honda accord with 150k for 1400 bucks. Real zippy and amazing gas mileage. But I've put about 6k miles on it so far. I'm a socially awkward NEET and I hate going for oil changes. How many more miles can I push it?

post pics
>tee eff double you the cheapest car insurance you can get is $2000 because you live in a cucked country

>Ford
>Shitty reliability

Crown Vics are indestructible tanks

you can live in a car for CHEAP owning a house or renting is for morons who loving wasting money.

Back in 2008 I bought a 1992 Miata for $1200 and drove the piss out of it. Never gave me any issues outside of a slave cylinder which cost hardly anything and came out with two bolts. Drove the piss out of it for 5 years before selling it for a profit.

Bought a 2006 Miata a few months ago for $6500 and it's a better "everyday" car. Things are simpler when you have no friends or gfs.

German cars are overengineered and expensive to fix when they break down, which they often do.

Sorry I posted like 3 times in a row, but I couldn't let this post slide.

youtube.com/watch?v=XV9rJwEOCus&t=68s

Peugeot 106 rallye here

I bet it's a head gasket

Or, git good

I bought a track car that I use to daily drive for £8k back in 2014, since they're constantly getting written off they are now pretty rare and have appreciated in value that I could sell it for £14k

There are lots of cars out there that stop depreciating and start appreciating, you just have to do a little research and find a good example, although it's a little harder right now because the market for some second hand cars has become a little over inflated. There are still gems to be found though

99 camry with an indestructible 5sfe motor. No payments, rides comfy as fuck. More money for more gains.

don't agree with this either . ford have great reliability when maintained . might depend on country but fine here

I've noticed people who talk shit about ford's don't know much about cars. They are solid. Every car has its problems

>got a '92 Ford Fiesta for free thanks to family
>35000 km, well maintained, no maintenance cost yet except for a 30€ mirror I had to replace
It eats nearly 10l/100km though

Also the tank can only contain 20l of gasoline

haha fucking brainlet

Never heard of "those are the breaks"?

>Protip: do this immediately before you try and sell i
being a nigger

>good mileage
lol

>I own a piece of shit old German car that has high maintenance costs so all old cars are bad

Fucking clueless

mine was 18k but I paid it off 7 years ago.

I know that great feel OP, I drive 90s cars that sell for a few hundred bucks. They drive really well and look badass. They break every couple of years but I just sell the brocken cars for a couple of hundreds bucks and buy another one for almost free. The insurance ends up being like 400 dollars a year, meanwhile normtrash that buy 20k cars end up paying like 2 or 3k insurance annually.

Yeah bro my old carbd v8 never ever leaves me stranded on the side of the road.
I never ever have to carry around a set of tools and spares.

>it does

>korean
Lolno

Look at this old fucking man

This. New engine give 5% better gas mileage for 100% more repair cost.

>2001 Honda Civic

So it's a tiny, unsafe tin can. Enjoy dying in a wreck when an illegal mexican't blows through a red light.

No car is safe when being T-boned at 60 km/h

>Lumping all german car brands as the same
>servicing a LUXURY SPORTS CAR (SL500) Costs a lot of $$

This is literally a mercedes flagship car and you use this as an example kek. and tell me why does this stupid goofball need so many different camera angles for his vlog? Its like a scuffed casey neistat, only older, edgier and with less hair.

citing one of the most expensive mercedes as a case for why german cars are too expensive to service is stupid

My point is german cars are superior to japanese (this is a fact), and now korean cars are cheaper to run than japanese cars (also a fact)

So yes, keep saying how great toyotas and hondas are, but the smart frugal fags now drive Kias and any oldcoiner with good taste buys german cars

I drive a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder I bought in 2004.

Just spent 3 hrs today washing, waxing, and cleaning it. It's got some rust but it still looks beautiful to me and as good as a 16 year old car never garaged in NY is going to look.

My Bitcoin holdings are a lot also, just not willing to sell, I'm more than willing to sit through another two year bear market because I know we'll see $10k eventually