Have border walls ever been effective?

Have border walls ever been effective?

Ask China

Worked for the Jews.

No, then.

Why wouldn't they be? Even if the wall is completely porous and avoidable, a giant wall ought to send a hostile message to illegal immigrants deterring at least a few of them.

works for the jews

They certainly make it harder. And in a state with any kind of social assistance policies, the cost of building it is always going to a pittance compared to the money saved by having less illegals, even if that number is only cut in half

To an extent. It depends what your purpose is.

Its a yes. They successfully repelled most of the minor raids. The ones that did get through are the force of natures.

>a giant wall ought to send a hostile message to illegal immigrants deterring at least a few of them.
Yeah the real problem with illegal immigration is that there's not enough hostile messages.

>Rick and Marty
>P*lestinefags

Too much cringe for one picture

>money saved by having less illegals
Illegals are a net positive. They are a cheap (and necessary) source of labor, they pay taxes, and they have access to only an incomplete set of benefits unlike the domestic poor. Illegal poor > domestic poor.

t. Milton Kikeman

Not an argument

FPBP

You took your non-argument ad verbatim from a subhuman meme economist without even thinking about it.
>pay taxes
Meme. Amount of money spent on illegals is far higher than their contributions, especially in healthcare sector which they abuse like no tomorrow.
They also depress wages and as thus benefit nobody but corporate Jews. So yeah no wonder Milton Kikelord loved them.

Exactly.

Not an argument.

>especially in healthcare sector which they abuse like no tomorrow.
Yeah it's a real issue that illegals abuse our nonexistent state healthcare benefits.

worked for pickle rick

>They are a cheap source of labor
Cheap for the employer, costly for society. Their cheapness makes them needy, unable to contribute to consumption, bound to the owner's will, and a force for wage pulverization, which damages the labour pool as a whole.
>(and necessary)
They cannot possibly be necessary until a country hits manpower penury, which no 1st world country is anywhere near close to.
>they pay taxes
They only pay sales taxes like VAT, they could not pay the rest even if they wanted to (kinda depends on the country, but it's true for most of Europe).
>they have access to only an incomplete set of benefits
Which they have no right to and don't pay for, net malus.

There's no new world to colonize. There's no continent depopulated by pestilence. In the modern world, immigrants epitomize cancer.

america is not 1st world and you have no clue about europe sharter, go back to pol and lick trumps ass

>They only pay sales taxes like VAT, they could not pay the rest even if they wanted to (kinda depends on the country, but it's true for most of Europe).
In the US, the following are typically taken out of your paycheck:
-an estimated sum of federal income tax
-an estimated sum of state/local income tax
-payroll tax
-medicare tax
-social security tax
-unemployment benefits tax
On top of this, illegals pay the sales tax (our version of VAT).
This is assuming they are working with a fake tax ID, which most of them do (outside of shady service industries).

In a vain hope to make this shitty /pol/ tier thread something interesting, the Peace Lines in Belfast are a neat example of bordering walls.

Walls were erected during the Troubles to divide Unionist and Republican estates and communities in Belfast, and they pretty much carved up the city at one point.

>What is Medicaid?
>What is S-chip?

>He doesn't know that the best part about hiring illegals is paying them under the table and avoiding all those taxes.

Economic research proves you wrong, you fucking race traitor. You will hang with the rest of them one day.

was a stupid post, really

the metric of first world, second world, third etc immediately serves as a representation of the united states and its allies of the western culture (first world) russia, china, etc. (second), and the developing world (third)

really, you must a stupid asshole to contradict this. not to say I should expect anything else from Veeky Forums

>employers pay illegals legally

hahahahaha you can't seriously be this delusional

>america is not 1st world

It is by definition you fucking mongoloid

Did it help?

ask Hungary

>something that works for 14 centuries isn't effective

Look at the suicide bomber rates before the Israeli wall and after.

That wall works just fine.

>>He doesn't know that the best part about hiring illegals is paying them under the table and avoiding all those taxes.
>>employers pay illegals legally
Most illegals are hired "legally" under fake tax IDs. You must be delusional to think large factories or warehouses will risk paying workers under the table.

>works fine for centuries until a disgruntled general gets bribed
>lmao see walls don't work #letthemin #nopersonisillegal

>Economic research proves you wrong
Unlike you, I am not a low-wage, unskilled worker competing with the illegal poor for jobs. I benefit from illegals driving down the wages of the entitled legal poor.

Good for you mr. LARP. Nonetheless you just agreed with me that illegal labor fucks over the legal workers and thus border walls are a good measure.

(((You)))
If you disregard:

1. Their crime (I've had two family members and 3 two's hit with cars are shit by illegals)

2. The impact it has on wages (makes them much worse)

3. Strain to communities

And think only about the people benefiting from hiring cheap labor, than yes it's a net positive for them you fucking jew.

Against big invasions? No
Against little raids? Yes

>1. Their crime (I've had two family members and 3 two's hit with cars are shit by illegals)
Illegal immigrants commit less crime than the legal poor (aka blacks). The second half of your sentence is literally nonsense.

>2. The impact it has on wages (makes them much worse)
It depresses no-skills wages by maybe 5%. Not an issue for me, as this benefits me specifically and benefits the society as a whole.

>3. Strain to communities
Vague, meaningless phrase

ask Israel

>they pay taxes

sometimes

You can't avoid paying taxes, even if you get paid under the table.

I imagine the land area they had to cover was pretty small

Hadrian' wall

*two family members and 3 friends hit with cars or shot by illegals.

Anyways, saying at least they commit less crime than blacks is a retarded argument. Not only do they commit a relatively high level of crime, they are harder to track and punish. They fall off the radar easily and deportation is rarely a real punishment. They can return within days. If we had better border security or just shot them, then we'd be better off.

2. Pic related. Cheap illegal labor fucks up agriculture, construction, etc. It hurts citizens entering the work force. Unemlpoyment of citizens increases leading to drug abuse, etc. The regular citizen does not win from that.

3. Throwing in a different culture, especially one with complete disregard for laws, negatively impacts a community. You have obviously never lived near illegals. Violence, drunk driving, and stealing or not looked down upon in that culture.

You totally can avoid paying income taxes if you get paid cash under the table.

Bullshit. The IRS sent $3 Billion, with a B, in tax "refunds" (mostly Earned Income Credits) to MEXICANS.

Not to Americans living in Mexico, to fucking MEXICANS.

Illegals do not pay taxes in any significant amount; they GET REFUNDS BASED ON HOW MANY KIDS THEY HAVE.

>le day of the rope larping meme
ebig XD

>Bullshit. The IRS sent $3 Billion, with a B, in tax "refunds" (mostly Earned Income Credits) to MEXICANS.
This is because the US government decided to do this, not because it is easy to cheat the IRS. Stop being stupid if you are intentionally being retarded. If you are not intentionally doing this, then sorry.

>2. Pic related. Cheap illegal labor fucks up agriculture, construction, etc. It hurts citizens entering the work force.
And it benefits the rest of the country since the costs of construction, farm produce, etc. go down. Sorry you are stuck doing menial labor, but not my concern if you have to compete with people who are willing to earn their wages.

>This is because the US government decided to do this,

WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK PEOPLE ARE FUCKING PISSED OFF AT, YOU CLUELESS TWAT?

>they pay taxes

They pay sales tax, which is about 1/10th of the net tax you'd pay as a legal citizen.

Moreover they're almost all unskilled so whatever minor benefits they bring (lower costs in labor-intensive industries) is offset by the massive inflationary pressures they have on real estate markets, like any mass migration tbhq.

The above point is crucial to remember since it is never factored into cost-benefit immigration analyses: A house is the single largest investment anyone will make in their lifetime (well, 99% of people anyway), when immigration has turned your housing market into something inter-generationally more and more unaffordable then it the liabilities outweight the assets on the balance sheet by default, since the policy has basically deprived you from ever becoming part of a commonwealth in any meaningful sense.

There's a reason property-ownership was tied to citizenship historically. And it wasn't because of "LE EBUL ARISTOCRATS OPPRESIN' EBERYONE!"

>Throwing in a different culture, especially one with complete disregard for laws, negatively impacts a community. You have obviously never lived near illegals. Violence, drunk driving, and stealing or not looked down upon in that culture.
First-gen immigrants, as a whole, legal or illegal, are significantly less likely to commit crimes than American citizens.

>the massive inflationary pressures they have on real estate markets
Maybe you shouldn't live in the slums? Sorry for you if you have no choice.

>You must be delusional to think large factories or warehouses will risk paying workers under the table.
>Willing to hire illegal workers
>Not willing to pay them illegally
I'm soaking my almonds as we speak!

I'm a cryptographic engineer, so hardly menial. I care about citizens being paid reasonably for working hard jobs. I used to roof and landscape, it sucks when you get paid shit because Pablo will take shit pay under the table.

Weird, in the 5 cities in my general area, crime rates soared once illegal Mexicans started flooding in. I wonder where your (((statistics))) come from?

I'm in Britain. The whole of London, including shithole and non-shithole areas, is inflated by mass immigration. You can't just add 10,000,000 people onto the population in a couple of decades and expect it not to.

>slums

Our countries should aim to be like East Asian ones, where the concept of vast swathes of certain cities being "no go zones" for civilized people is unheard of. That too inflates property prices.

>illegal

How can they actually tabulate illegal criminality? The main datasets for crime are victim-based reporting, not arrest data. It's not as if you can tell someone is illegal from a glance.

This is true. Every economic study ever made has found that immigration increases GDP.

>Amount of money spent on illegals is far higher than their contributions
lol if you have a shit ton of border control yes.

>force for wage pulverization, which damages the labour pool
This is a myth. The long-run effect on immigration for the wage of the average US worker is an increase by 0.6%, and an increase by 0.3% for the US worker with less than 12 years of education.
> unable to contribute to consumption
Weird ass argument to begin with, but still false. They consume a higher portion of their wage than average.

>Every economic study ever made has found that immigration increases GDP.

GDP is a net aggregation of all economic activity within a given polity. Of course immigration will increase GDP since it is arithmetically impossible to increase the size of a population/domestic market and, ceteris paribus, decrease its net productive output.

If the EU let in 20,000,000 unemployed Africans tomorrow and just put them on state benefits, growth would probably outperform Q4 predictions several times over, since spending those bennies is still going to stimulation consumption - which is basically where all Western "growth" comes from these days anyway. Fueled by credit.

So yeah, if you think that's a good thing for the average person simply because your brainlet mind heard the words "GDP increasing" and thought it would be good for a brainlet like you, I don't know what to say to you.

t. Accountant.

>benefits the society as a whole.

No it doesn't you fucking faggot

>You can't avoid paying taxes, even if you get paid under the table.

hahahaha mate you are literally living in a fairytale

this is a pure lie

>This is true. Every economic study ever made has found that immigration increases GDP.

If the government spends $10,000,000 to dig a giant hole in Nebraska and then fills the hole again so nothing actually changed, GDP would increase as well.

Only an absolute fucking retard or a literal sociopath would consider GDP a good measure of what is good for a society.

>GDP
Such a useless metric.

It's actually a very good measure for assessing economic growth in non-mature economies and economic growth in states that don't artificially inflate their populations to increase the size of the domestic market with more indebted brown people.

Case in point. Japan from 1990 to 2007 averaged above 1.5% growth according to the World Bank despite a overall decline in the size of the labor force. The US managed average growth of slightly more than 2% despite increasing the size of their own labor force significantly.

What do you think that actually tells you? Western growth is bullshit growth. Its based on consumption.

The wall around East Germany was quite effective.

In what world is Russia not a third-world shithole?

When has Russia ever NOT been a third-world shithole?

When the terms first second and third world were first used and ever since.
Don’t use words you don’t understand.

Enjoy your brown future kid, at least you had the moral high ground when your wife was raped by mexicans

stop using words you don't understand

GDP is a good measure for assessing economic growth in all situations because economic growth is literally defined by GDP.

I hope you end up in an emergency room to see just how much drainage they are responsible for

They have a relatively small border, and it's not just the fact that there is a wall that keeps people out. What makes the wall effective is that everyone's armed and the entire border is heavily armored.

China was pretty successful in keeping out the northern barbarians, most of the time.

>increases GDP
yet decreases GDP per capita, which is far more important

"Growth" is meaningless for the average person.

>what is a sanctuary city
People here will despise you if you mention illegals are here illegally

>yet decreases GDP per capita, which is far more important
American history proves otherwise.

>pay wages at fair market value
Jesus Christ, fair market value doesn't apply WHEN YOUR MARKET VALUE IS INFLATED BY PROTECTIONISM.
It's insane.

Damn most of those fortifications are centered around just Beijing
I always thought it would be more north

>Works for 14 centuries
Imperial China was ruled by Mongols and Manchus for longer than actual Chinese.

Works great in northern Ireland

I never mentioned fmv

>Sorry, YOU are the problem, not the system!
Ah fuck off Schlomo.

Companies won't be dragged over hot coals for hiring undocumented workers, but WILL be for trying to cheat the system by sidestepping income tax. What's so difficult to believe about that?

In California, illegal immigrants can:
1. Receive various state welfare benefits.
2. Go to college for free.
3. Go to law school for free.
4. Pass the bar exam and practice law.
5. Openly brag about your illegal status to your scholarship organization.

What the fuck are you talking about you fucking retard? The US and Mexican gov'ts have been telling Mexicans and Central Americans that the United States was a veritable promised land for rent-seekers until Donald Trump came to office.

What does "paying taxes" look like for illegal immigrants?
>pay ~$2000 in taxes
>require ~$5000 in govt upkeep

What happens if you legalize them?
>pay ~$4000 in taxes
>require ~$10000 in gov't upkeep thanks to access to even more welfare programs

Sorry but the math doesn't add up. Go figure when you import millions of unskilled, uneducated workers from the third world. Illegal immigration is just the neoliberal's stealthy attempt to stuff supply-side economics down the throats of the American middle class.

And?

>I've had two
Disregarded

The facts, and honestly anybody else, don't care about your family

Factually wrong.

Ming + Tang + Song + Sui + Han + Qin = over 1100 years.

>works
You didn't even have to attack it, everyone just bribed their way through

Only at the Berlin section. Outside of Berlin the majority of the wall was just a chainlink fence.

Beijing became a capital for the first time under the Yuan Dynasty (back then it was Dadu).

The Ming dynasty retained Beijing as its capital largely to keep an eye on the Mongols.

He was correct though

Of course, I'd argue the accompanying bullets were more effective

Odd, the last time my family member got hit by an illegal drunk driver it made national news.

>Illegal Border Wall Rick
>not Kike Wall Rick

im neutral towards immigration but illegals are a drain

Look at this butthurt faggot.
I'm a European too, and from one European to another, go check on your sister and make sure she's not being gang-enriched by bearded children.